This Team Mistreated My Daughter And Then Dismissed Her

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for giving me a few moments of your time. In August of 2013 I registered my daughter with Xquizite AllStarz Cheerleading after speaking to the owner, Mrs. Tina White, and being assured that my daughter was in good hands.

INCIDENT ONE

About a month into practice I was told (via text) that Ryan was being transferred to a lower team. I expressed ... Read more my concerns was told by Mrs. White, “it is my team”. I felt like all of the kids had worked so hard to perform in the upcoming show and to remove them a week before an event was very unprofessional. There was no parent meeting to address the change or to address any concerns that the parents may have had. Can you imagine being a child and being pulled from one team to the next with no explanation? Can you imagine that child’s confidence level dropping? Immediately after the removal my daughter’s behavior began to change.

INCIDENT TWO

The next episode was at a Halloween party hosted by Mrs. White. I walked in and little girls were dancing and gyrating their bodies like grown women with NO supervision. As soon as I saw my daughter she ran to me with tears in her eyes barely able to tell me that another little girl kept kicking her. All of the children confirmed Ryan’s story. I asked the girl “why?” She replied, “Because my mommy told me to”. I immediately went to speak to her mother (Coach Jennifer) who was in a separate room and simply stated to her, that as a parent before you tell your child to kick another child you should have investigated the situation. That conversation turned into me being cursed out and called out of my name, in front of a group of about 20 children and at this time about 6-7 parents. I immediately went to go and find Coach Tina and shared with her what happened. She pretty much told my daughter that she has to toughen up and told me she would handle it. I never received an apology for my daughter being kicked numerous times from the little girl, nor from the parent for her actions.

INCIDENT THREE

After the Halloween party, things began to get worst. Every evening Ryan was coming out of practice with tears in her eyes because she was being bullied by Ms. Jennifer’s daughter and now by other teammates. Someone took her juice and drank it. I asked Ryan why she didn’t say something, hear response was, “because the other girl was bigger than me and I didn’t want to get beat up”. Then another little girl began saying mean things to her as well. Coach Tina was not at practice (as usual) so I spoke to the child’s parent first alone and then with both girls. The girls apologized to each other as we explained to them that they are team mates and not enemies. The parent assured me that her child’s behavior towards Ryan would change and it did, the two actually started becoming friends. It’s amazing what two rational parents can do.

INCIDENT FOUR

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 I received a text at 10:40pm stating that some of the athletes were not showing up for practice, some parents had not paid tuition since November, and that she, Mrs. White was becoming reluctant to move forward. I replied back asking is the entire team going to be dismissed or just the girls that were in noncompliance. I also suggested a parent meeting because after the dividing of the teams it was unsure of neither what was needed nor the direction that the team was going in. I also stated that I forgot to pay Ryan’s tuition because of the cupcake incident that had occurred that evening after practice. She asked me “what cupcake incident”. I explained to her that some of Ryan’s teammates received cupcakes and that she did not and I thought it was unfair. The very next texted that I received stated that my daughter’s name comes up every week, she is very manipulative, and has an overwhelming sense of entitlement. I was also told that I have confronted coaches and parents. I was then told not to worry about paying December’s tuition and to move on because she, Mrs. White was done. There was no parent meeting, no coach and athlete meeting, just a text at 12:09 am, stating that my child had been dismissed. I asked for a refund of all the tuition that had been paid, so that I can return it to all those that donated to Ryan making it possible for her to cheer. I received a text back with an old lady, hands on her hips saying “No refund”.

Immediately following that Mrs. White sends out a group message to all parents stating “Ryan has been removed from the program effective immediately. This should solve all concerns. I know it does mine!”

Ryan has been a competitive cheerleader for two years, played basketball for one year, and played soccer for another two years. I have only heard good things from all of her coaches. To every cause there is an effect. A child that is being bullied and made to feel less than her teammates will show her emotions one way or another. My daughter has suffered mostly in silence for the last two months. I commend her for having the strength and courage to keep going back to a place where she is not happy and where she is being treated unfairly.

Mrs. White and her staff have proved to be unprofessional on more than a few occasions. She has shown no regard to ensuring Ryan’s mental and emotional well-being. She is not qualified to run a program for the youth. It is impossible to run a program when you are barley in attendance. I have been told on more than one occasion that she, Mrs. White will began to be more active with the team. She has not held up to her word. This behavior on Mrs. White and her staff part must be stopped. I ask that you signed this petition to draw awareness to programs such as this that are draining parent’s pockets and are treating their children unfair.

Below you will find all of the information that I could find online….

Xquizite AllStarz Cheerleading

8709 D'Arcy Road

Forestville, Maryland 20747

301) 526-6228

XquiziteAllstarz2009's channel - YouTube

www.xquizite.com

Xquizite Cheerleaders - Local Business | Facebook

And please by all means research me and learn why this weighs so heavy on my heart…. Shaun Jai... Innovative Leadership Inspiring Creativity

Signed A Concerned Parent That Is Completely Fed Up,

Shaun Jai-Clark

PLEASE SIGN MY DAUGHTER'S PETITION... Children Have Right's Too... All She Wanted Was To Cheer! - The Petition Site

@Shaun Jai -

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. My name is Kyle Gadke and I am the owner of Spirit FX, LLC. I see that you had your daughter enrolled in August. I was at Xquizite Allstars personally August 31-September 1st doing choreography for their Senior 1 and Youth 1 teams. Earlier in the month, one of my head choreographers on Staff was there choreographing the Senior 2 routine, so between me and my staffer - We may have worked with your daughter. Ms. Tina Jackson-White never paid for the choreography services and has been quite childish and unprofessional to deal with. She is one lie after another. I am sorry you are going through this. If there is anything I can do (including recommending you another gym in the area) please let me know. [email protected]

that seems super shady and unprofessional of the owners of the program if a child is being bullied they adults they go to should be helping them and not part of the problem, i signed ur petition an i hope things work out for you and your daughter

I clicked on this fully expecting to read someone throwing unsubstantiated shade on a program. Seeing reputable coaches on this board validate @Shaun Jai 's post makes me wonder how programs like this stay in existence.
@CheerBank - I posted about this program in the ASGA coaches group a while back. The amount of people (who are reputable people) who have reached out to me to share their experiences with this owner and program has made me feel ill. A simple google search will also tell you what kind of person this lady is.

@Shaun Jai I'm so sorry that you and your daughter had to go through such a terrible experience with a cheerleading program. I promise, not all programs in MD are like this one. If you need any assistance finding a new gym in the area, please feel free to reach out. I'm pretty familiar with gyms in MD (I coach at one) and may be able to direct you to a new one.

Okay first the program sounds like a hot mess. But this posters goal clearly was to make a bad name for the program she is unhappy with. I have issues with people who join here just to do that.
But I have a few issues with mom here as well. Why after the Halloween party would you want to stay with this program? You state the children were dancing inappropriately, your child was being physically hurt, you tried to resolve that with the coach whose daughter seems to be causing the issue and she cursed you out in front of children. At what point did you say to yourself this is not a safe or appropriate place for my daughter and I should stop now for her own mental and physical well being?
You joined this group and posted names and all after you were dismissed and told no refund. I truly believe that you and your child had a horrid experience but look forward to what will follow on here regarding their point of view of this parent. The fact that you felt your child was in physical and emotional peril and remained there and only once dismissed decide to join a cheer board to "out them" leaves me wondering what the rest of this story is.

I clicked on this fully expecting to read someone throwing unsubstantiated shade on a program. Seeing reputable coaches on this board validate @Shaun Jai 's post makes me wonder how programs like this stay in existence.

When questionable behaviors/business practices happen, what recourse does a parent have other than go somewhere else. This allows this to continue.

Also, lets be honest, competitive cheer is expensive. Sometimes its hard for parents to just walk away from all the money they have paid out.

We preach for people to stick it out even during tough times. I can't bash on anyone that tries their best to make it work and fulfill the commitment they signed up for.

Okay first the program sounds like a hot mess. But this posters goal clearly was to make a bad name for the program she is unhappy with. I have issues with people who join here just to do that.
But I have a few issues with mom here as well. Why after the Halloween party would you want to stay with this program? You state the children were dancing inappropriately, your child was being physically hurt, you tried to resolve that with the coach whose daughter seems to be causing the issue and she cursed you out in front of children. At what point did you say to yourself this is not a safe or appropriate place for my daughter and I should stop now for her own mental and physical well being?
You joined this group and posted names and all after you were dismissed and told no refund. I truly believe that you and your child had a horrid experience but look forward to what will follow on here regarding their point of view of this parent. The fact that you felt your child was in physical and emotional peril and remained there and only once dismissed decide to join a cheer board to "out them" leaves me wondering what the rest of this story is.

It's a forum and open to free speech and opinion. I was Born and Raised in The DC area and have coached and cheered there from pee-wee rec league through Allstar IOC5 and yes it is an extremely shady area when it comes to local Allstar Gyms. In the past before leaving the NE region of the States I was asked on many occasions to do choreography, routine clean ups and was even offered to help run the program at (Above Mentioned) Allstars. I would never generally down talk another program but this program has run its own name in the dirt from ownership, to staff, team members and parents alike!!!

If this program wants to remain alive they need an entire business overhaul including ownership. I just hope things get better for that area and I'm glad I got away from that red flag when I did!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My two cents: do your research!! There are certain programs I would never sign my child up for, sometimes things look one way from the outside and flip when you get in, I realize that. But other times simply asking other parents who have been involved, or other coaches you may know in the area will help you make a wiser decision up front. I definitely believe this owner to be unprofessional and I was shocked by what I read in the text convo on Facebook. I also believe that there are two sides to every story and there may be other details that led her to dismiss your child, however, the manner in which is was done was absolutely absurd and beyond excuse. I hope you find resolve in this issue and get your daughter in a good program.

I don't want to stick my nose too much into this but just doing a Google search on the gym owner's name, I came across a woman of the same name Tina Jackson White from this same area who plead guilty to Medicaid fraud. Did she also own a medical equipment supply company? Maybe not the same person but made me wonder.

Back