This Team Mistreated My Daughter And Then Dismissed Her

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am confused though. I read the petition, but I don't understand what you want. Usually a petition is to try to get support for a specific course of action. Is this petition just asking for validation that you're right? (for those of you who didn't click it, it's just the first post of this thread, word for word)

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I was OK with the post until I saw that on her petition she is now asking for money. (to join some gym that says she will be "allowed" to join. Huh? Allowed? You're allowed to join any gym you want aren't you? Why do you need permission to join? And why do they want $1600 upfront?)

I'm less convinced on this than I was. Although I have no doubt that this gym or error is shady as all get out... I just think there's more to this story. I've never had to ask a gym to take my kids - even mid season. They're businesses and take money year round. (other than maybe some of the big name programs that do fill up their rosters)

???

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I am confused though. I read the petition, but I don't understand what you want. Usually a petition is to try to get support for a specific course of action. Is this petition just asking for validation that you're right? (for those of you who didn't click it, it's just the first post of this thread, word for word)

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I was OK with the post until I saw that on her petition she is now asking for money. (to join some gym that says she will be "allowed" to join. Huh? Allowed? You're allowed to join any gym you want aren't you? Why do you need permission to join? And why do they want $1600 upfront?)

I'm less convinced on this than I was. Although I have no doubt that this gym or error is shady as all get out... I just think there's more to this story. I've never had to ask a gym to take my kids - even mid season. They're businesses and take money year round. (other than maybe some of the big name programs that do fill up their rosters)

???

Thank you!!!! I was so over the drama of other threads I didn't want to be the one to call this out. I knew someone would come through! Why the petition and why the website promoting yourself?

???

Agree. And also, the whole part about how she "forgot" to pay tuition because her daughter was denied a cupcake when other kids received a cupcake ("the cupcake incident") rubbed me wrong. Either you legitimately forgot to pay tuition or you refused to pay tuition due to the gym failing to provide services and, well, it seems like there were a lot better reasons available to refuse to pay tuition than the cupcake incident.

Also, why have no gym owners jumped up and said now hey, wait a minute, you can't get a refund basically ANYWHERE for prior months' tuition?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the gym seems to have done LOTS of things wrong in this situation, but the situation described by the parent has some shady areas, too.

???

I feel sorry for her CP if what she wrote is the truth. However, after reading that she is asking for $$$ to help her CP join a new squad....that seems rather shady. She should probably just cut her losses and explain to her CP that her cheer season is over now and that she can join a new gym in the spring.

I can understand asking to raise money for a tragedy, but so her CP can join a new gym? My CP joined a new gym in late September. They were wonderful, and they put me on a different payment plan that the others so I could afford to pay them in a reasonable manner. No way that I could have sent her there if they wanted everything paid up front.

Yea this whole situation is really crazy. Her and the mom who bought the cupcakes got into it on her Facebook page. She is blaming the owner for everything including "youth depression and suicide" and she is openly soliciting funds for her daughter in support of her "cause". Joining a new gym is not a cause, homelessness is a cause. I also don't like the fact that she is exploiting her daughter, she has publicized her picture and even posted a video (I wasn't able to view) entitled Ryan's story. Believe me I think the owner was wrong for her actions but this mom is definitely taking things too far

Yea this whole situation is really crazy. Her and the mom who bought the cupcakes got into it on her Facebook page. She is blaming the owner for everything including "youth depression and suicide" and she is openly soliciting funds for her daughter in support of her "cause". Joining a new gym is not a cause, homelessness is a cause. I also don't like the fact that she is exploiting her daughter, she has publicized her picture and even posted a video (I wasn't able to view) entitled Ryan's story. Believe me I think the owner was wrong for her actions but this mom is definitely taking things too far

(First, i love the FBI)
I believe that this gym has a shady way of business - reliable people mentioned it before.

But this is something i don´t like. You was treaded unfair, your kid suffered and it´s okay to be mad or sad about it.
But bringing it so offensive to public (with daughters picture and video and this petition thing) doesn´t make a good impression either.

So i´m not sure what to think about, just hope the girl gets to cheer somewhere where she is happy.

I would like to suggest you look at Crimson Heat. I have never been there nor do I know anyone, but from the first time I saw them in 2008 I loved everything, the vibe from the parents, coaches and kids. There parents/kids are SUPER nice. If I ever move back to MD/DC
area they are top on my list!

They are a very strong gym - they have tumbling that is just unbelievable in that I have never seen a team more in sync.

???

I clicked on it and also looked at all of her things... also if you read her post she wanted money back because it had been donated but part of the reason she was dismissed in her own words was she had not paid tuition that month and her excuse was cupcakes. She also has a fund me account to have people pay for her daughters cheer, runs a business and a charity for homelessness - which was my concern that there was definitely more to this story and she was not simply a victim of this gym. Still strongly believe the gym has issues but I have no doubt there is more to this story and that this poster is experienced at presenting things in a manner so that very kind people go out of their way to help her including financially.

???

I will say that if you joined just about any of the gyms in this area, that amount of money would probably be due, and on higher level teams it might be more. Uniform, back tuition, and competition fees are due upon joining. They do not discount even when you join later. Every level pays the same no matter when you join. At this point, almost all of our comp fees are paid, along with uniform, etc. I am sure there is a way to get on a different payment plan, but that number does not sound too out of line at this point in the season.

I will say that if you joined just about any of the gyms in this area, that amount of money would probably be due, and on higher level teams it might be more. Uniform, back tuition, and competition fees are due upon joining. They do not discount even when you join later. Every level pays the same no matter when you join. At this point, almost all of our comp fees are paid, along with uniform, etc. I am sure there is a way to get on a different payment plan, but that number does not sound too out of line at this point in the season.

I totally agree. However, I don't think for a hot second that that is what is going on here. I sincerely doubt that a gym no one has heard of (I apologize to Marlboro - I think that's the name) is demanding that a 7 year old pay $1600 "within a few days" or she won't be allowed to join. Do I believe that they said she couldn't join without paying in full? Sure. Do I believe they said if it's not in the next couple days then no? Mmmmmm... Doubtful. For a small child in a small gym? This isn't a worlds team, or some gym that's traveling to the Champions League.

My bet is that this woman and her child have a reputation and no gym would take them - and that this gym is trying to cover their losses ahead of time, knowing they'll never see a dime later. She did not "forget" to pay her tuition. I do not believe for one minute that most of those "incidents" happened the way she described them. Again, I fully believe this gym is shady as all get out. I just believe this is 2 shady people in conflict.

And my other bet is that @Mom2Cheergirls is right, and she is a master at telling her story in a way to garner sympathy so people will help her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

I totally agree. However, I don't think for a hot second that that is what is going on here. I sincerely doubt that a gym no one has heard of (I apologize to Marlboro - I think that's the name) is demanding that a 7 year old pay $1600 "within a few days" or she won't be allowed to join. Do I believe that they said she couldn't join without paying in full? Sure. Do I believe they said if it's not in the next couple days then no? Mmmmmm... Doubtful. For a small child in a small gym? This isn't a worlds team, or some gym that's traveling to the Champions League.

My bet is that this woman and her child have a reputation and no gym would take them - and that this gym is trying to cover their losses ahead of time, knowing they'll never see a dime later. She did not "forget" to pay her tuition. I do not believe for one minute that most of those "incidents" happened the way she described them. Again, I fully believe this gym is shady as all get out. I just believe this is 2 shady people in conflict.

And my other bet is that @Mom2Cheergirls is right, and she is a master at telling her story in a way to garner sympathy so people will help her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app
After pulling up her "petition" I TOTALLY agree with your overview. I live in the area and have not heard of Marlboro either, although it is only located 45 minutes away. I will certainly look for them in the future.

Back