This Team Mistreated My Daughter And Then Dismissed Her

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe from what I read about MCC they compete as REC cheer? I will say that I have been impressed with the Rec squads in MD they are really pretty great - not sure if I have seen MCC. They are located in Upper Marlboro which yes is near Showplace Arena - used to compete there pretty regularly several years back.
I hope for the child that all turns out well .

I saw Marlboro at the US Finals in VA Beach and in one word WOW. Also - Cougars Competitive Cheer - both REC programs that could easily be All-star.

At least you got out when you did and chalk it up to I had a bad experience, we all have, but I learned that I should do X and Y and I should investigate more. Summer classes are great ways to see how a gym is run. Just take this year off to learn, fact find, and save money year and start fresh next cheer year. Get her into tumbling class where she can get around others. Twisters have some classes in Waldorf that are good.

There are also some good all-star and rec programs near where she is. I know that Crimson Heat is around the corner (literally around the corner from Xquisite), All Star Legacy down the street, and Twisters in Waldorf.

It is not productive to mention children's names or post a picture of them. Think about your child.

i am in complete shock! it amazes me that a business owner could be so biased and run their business according to personal issues.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

My Facebook text chats with her have become comical (to me and my legal team). I busted her with written proof she lied. Then the race card was pulled.
Hi, Im Teddi, Tina's daughter. I came across this thread when I googled my mom's former team. I just want to apologize for whatever negative experiences you may have had with my mother. Unfortunately everything and everyone is not what it seems and while there is nothing I care to share about the allegations and shared experiences with Xquizite Allstarz and my mother Tina, I will say this: No one is perfect and flaw exist in personal and business. I have been fortunate enough to learn and see things on both the right and the wrong side of business through my parents, close friends and business owning relatives. Xquizite Allstarz was not a gym suited for everyone. My mother had no issues with expressing her feelings and thoughts to or about anyone but for those who knew her well, those apart of the Xquizite family and in neighboring gyms, they knew the size of my mother's heart. It is a little disheartening reading all of the judgement from strangers but then I realized that it was just that, judgement from strangers. Of course you wouldn't know about the reasons my mother started Xquizite, sponsored athletes for other more expensive programs and often times exempted families from tuition just because their athletes loved the sport though the family couldn't afford it. Of course strangers wouldn't know why she plead guilty to fraud charges or whether the mistakes were hers alone. My mother was not a con artist in any sense. She may not have been perfect but the extreme reactions to this post prompting me to speak up. Unfortunately, my mother shut the doors of Xquizite Allstarz in January of 2015 due to her intense, silent, lonely battle with Cervical Cancer. She carried the weight of the world on her shoulders and alone she suffered. Even those close to her and in the house with her didn't know that she was so ill until it was too late. Im not posting this for sympathy or condolences, but because watching the extremes of my sister loving Cheer so much as a sport and watching my mother struggle solo much trying to keep that love alive for soooo many other athletes has taught me 3 things: 1: you can't judge what you don't know rightfully. 2: Cheer world is shady dealings worldwide and 3: Business is the more personal than people would like you believe. The doors of Xquizite closed in January, my mother passed in March, and the Xquizite family has since realized that they don't feel at home anywhere else. It is for these reasons that my sister and I intend to open the doors of Xquizite Allstarz Reloaded and reclaim our family and leave everything on the mat. If any one has anything else negative to say about my mother or her program, please share, as feedback for improvements are always welcome although disrespect will never be tolerated. I hope that my sister and I can help create new and more positive dialogue about Xquizite, old, new and forever. Thats all I had to say. If anyone wants to get in touch with me privately I still monitor my mother's Facebook page and again I apologize for any negative experiences you may have had in the past but the future begins here.

Sorry for your loss.

Feels weird seeing two gym scandal threads in one day. Not throwing shade, just a weird experience for me.

@XquiziteREALOADED - I am sorry to read that your mother has passed. Kudos to you for wanting to right her name and the gym's name. It seems that you have a long road before you because of your mother's actions. I would like to suggest that one of the things you do as you try to rebuild is pay the choreographers and other professionals who did not recieve payment for services that they gave your mother and the gym.

Last edited:
Okay first the program sounds like a hot mess. But this posters goal clearly was to make a bad name for the program she is unhappy with. I have issues with people who join here just to do that.
But I have a few issues with mom here as well. Why after the Halloween party would you want to stay with this program? You state the children were dancing inappropriately, your child was being physically hurt, you tried to resolve that with the coach whose daughter seems to be causing the issue and she cursed you out in front of children. At what point did you say to yourself this is not a safe or appropriate place for my daughter and I should stop now for her own mental and physical well being?
You joined this group and posted names and all after you were dismissed and told no refund. I truly believe that you and your child had a horrid experience but look forward to what will follow on here regarding their point of view of this parent. The fact that you felt your child was in physical and emotional peril and remained there and only once dismissed decide to join a cheer board to "out them" leaves me wondering what the rest of this story is.
Maybe she thought the issues could eventually resolve.

Agree. And also, the whole part about how she "forgot" to pay tuition because her daughter was denied a cupcake when other kids received a cupcake ("the cupcake incident") rubbed me wrong. Either you legitimately forgot to pay tuition or you refused to pay tuition due to the gym failing to provide services and, well, it seems like there were a lot better reasons available to refuse to pay tuition than the cupcake incident.

Also, why have no gym owners jumped up and said now hey, wait a minute, you can't get a refund basically ANYWHERE for prior months' tuition?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the gym seems to have done LOTS of things wrong in this situation, but the situation described by the parent has some shady areas, too.
As for the cupcake, maybe by then it was her breaking point. There were a lot of situations, maybe that was when the last straw snapped.

Hi, Im Teddi, Tina's daughter. I came across this thread when I googled my mom's former team. I just want to apologize for whatever negative experiences you may have had with my mother. Unfortunately everything and everyone is not what it seems and while there is nothing I care to share about the allegations and shared experiences with Xquizite Allstarz and my mother Tina, I will say this: No one is perfect and flaw exist in personal and business. I have been fortunate enough to learn and see things on both the right and the wrong side of business through my parents, close friends and business owning relatives. Xquizite Allstarz was not a gym suited for everyone. My mother had no issues with expressing her feelings and thoughts to or about anyone but for those who knew her well, those apart of the Xquizite family and in neighboring gyms, they knew the size of my mother's heart. It is a little disheartening reading all of the judgement from strangers but then I realized that it was just that, judgement from strangers. Of course you wouldn't know about the reasons my mother started Xquizite, sponsored athletes for other more expensive programs and often times exempted families from tuition just because their athletes loved the sport though the family couldn't afford it. Of course strangers wouldn't know why she plead guilty to fraud charges or whether the mistakes were hers alone. My mother was not a con artist in any sense. She may not have been perfect but the extreme reactions to this post prompting me to speak up. Unfortunately, my mother shut the doors of Xquizite Allstarz in January of 2015 due to her intense, silent, lonely battle with Cervical Cancer. She carried the weight of the world on her shoulders and alone she suffered. Even those close to her and in the house with her didn't know that she was so ill until it was too late. Im not posting this for sympathy or condolences, but because watching the extremes of my sister loving Cheer so much as a sport and watching my mother struggle solo much trying to keep that love alive for soooo many other athletes has taught me 3 things: 1: you can't judge what you don't know rightfully. 2: Cheer world is shady dealings worldwide and 3: Business is the more personal than people would like you believe. The doors of Xquizite closed in January, my mother passed in March, and the Xquizite family has since realized that they don't feel at home anywhere else. It is for these reasons that my sister and I intend to open the doors of Xquizite Allstarz Reloaded and reclaim our family and leave everything on the mat. If any one has anything else negative to say about my mother or her program, please share, as feedback for improvements are always welcome although disrespect will never be tolerated. I hope that my sister and I can help create new and more positive dialogue about Xquizite, old, new and forever. Thats all I had to say. If anyone wants to get in touch with me privately I still monitor my mother's Facebook page and again I apologize for any negative experiences you may have had in the past but the future begins here.
I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I do not know the history of your mother's gym, so I won't be the one to make comments because 1. Your mom passed and I do not feel the need or desire to disrespect her or add to your hurt 2. I do not know the full situation, so I really have no right to make any judgeful comments here.
Again, no idea what the history is here. But I respect your desire to try and rebuild your mom's gym. That's really good of you and I'm sure with a little work you can make the gym a big success.
Your mom's probably very proud of you. Continue working :)

Hey Teddi - I remember you from years ago when I was at Xquizite. Sorry to hear of your mother's passing and best of luck with your new venture.

Back