All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol my moms an only child so me and my two brothers are the only grandchildren on that side, and on my dads side I was the only girl out of 7 grandchildren till I was 15 and then my uncle had a girl...so my grandparents all liked to spoil me haha :D and OMG my dream growing up was to go to the American Girl store! We moved three or four times though (across country) and we never lived close to one :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Went to one for the first time this year. I am 22. Didn't buy anything, but it was definitely a dream come true.

FWIW I had Samantha and the "girl who looks like you"...so it was basically Samantha, again.

I love my American girl dolls! I am an only child so I kind of had to entertain myself a lot. Between Christmas and birthdays from the time I was 5 to about 11, I got 11 dolls and the original bitty twins. I'm saving them and all the clothes/accessories for my future children. It sucks that the year I stopped playing with them they built a store 30 minutes from my house. Luckily I got to visit the store in New York one year for my birthday:) For some reason those were the only toys I really used.

Was I the only kid who got the AG books every year, but never had a doll because my mom thought spending that much money on a doll was crazy? Reading all these posts has brought back elementary school jealousy!

Well cheer is was my big Xmas present this year and will continue for this year. It is my first time on a fully year team and I am so thankful for the opportunity my parents gave me. I paid for my half year team last year by saving up $1,000. It was my idea. My parents never knew about it until I told them the day of registration lol. (I had been begging to go to a cheer gym for 2 years ever since I found out about the sport). I'm so glad I did. It truly made me realize the worth of money and that I needed to work my butt off to do my part. I wouldn't trade a thing:). Beats: my dad actually told me on Xmas, that he got me purple beats but was taking them back because of cheer and it wasn't it the budget. That's just my daddy to be so upfront lol. I'm actually glad he did though Becuz they would hv actually been a huge waste of money IMO. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with their families!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

...Would it be weird if I went into the NYC store now? I'm 24. They were JUST opening up the Chicago store when I was little and that was way too far of a trip for my parents.

Each of the 3 granddaughters (me, my sister and my cousin) got ONE American Girl doll that all the relatives chipped in for for their birthday. Anything else had to be bought separate with your own money. I got Samantha. When Kit came out, I bought her too with my bday money as she was the first AG doll with a bob. I still have them both somewhere, and whatever clothes we bought. Seriously, I spent HOURS with that doll, being extra careful not to ruin her hair.

All I asked for was for my mom to come to all my comps....considering we have 4 flight trips this year from PA to dallas, cali and disney twice. That is was more than enough money she already spent
I hope she makes them for you.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

If we're talking about AG dolls..
I have a julie one i got when i was 10 for my birthday, and although i'm semi- too old for dolls, i still find myself stunting with it. I just tied her legs together and tied her arms to her side and its so much fun :D

carry on haha

My mom wouldn't get me one. She refused to buy into that frenzy. Someone gave my younger sister one though and I was so jealous!

I had a homemade "Cabbage Patch" doll named Mindy Sue. Didn't know the difference until I was way older. The hubby is scarred for life about his fake Teddy Ruxbin.

Was I the only kid who got the AG books every year, but never had a doll because my mom thought spending that much money on a doll was crazy? Reading all these posts has brought back elementary school jealousy!

I was that kid too! My single mom couldn't afford it which I understood but this thread brings back all the jealousy of never getting one. I was obsessed with the Samantha books.

What I did have was an Amazing Allie doll that my moms friend got me one year for Christmas. I thought I was so cool because I had a talking doll lol!

Not really, I read all the books and would look through the catalogs constantly hoping I'd get one someday. I would ask for one for Christmas and my birthday for about five years and never got one. They were really expensive for my family and those were the earlier years of my all star cheer life so I understood. It just stunk when my friends wanted to play "American girl dolls" and I didn't have one. They all had about four each so I always used one of theirs but it was never the same. I finally got one the sixth year of asking and then about a year later my friends were over it all and didn't want to play anymore which stunk even more since I was so excited to join them with my own. Awww I wanna buy you one now just so you have one after all those years of wanting one :p we could relive our childhood and play together.

I always wanted the Kit doll but Josefina was my favorite book doll.

@Eyes On The Prize the app won't let me quote you, but awww you are too sweet :) My parents adopted a little girl from China and now my baby sister has a Bitty Baby that she hates. H is almost three so I think it's still too lifelike and a bit scary for her so any time I'm home I always steal her doll! It's not weird for an adult to play dolls if it's in the general vicinity of a toddler right? :p

My youngest loves AG. She sets up huge scenes (usually cheer competitions and practices), and it's gratifying to see imagination at work. I used to worry about all that stunting hurting the dolls, but I got over it. Dolls are to be loved and played with. She has the cast and crutches set, and this year, she's asking for a wheelchair. I am reminded of this really cool story about an American Girl lending program at a NYC public library which is definitely in the true spirit of the holidays (and there's a really happy update, too).

Back