All-Star To Be Continued...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That "STP" may be specific to the gym, being that some want to keep their teams together. To guarantee a block of rooms and lock in a group rate they have reserve so many rooms or lose the rate.

That is possible. If so, it's her gyms first time to do that.

If family exceptions are no longer accepted and it goes by your gym location not your actual home address, what happens if you live in San Antiono but you drive to CA Plano for Cheer ( I have known more than one family to do this). So when the competition is in your city where you live you will be required to get a Hotel through Stay To Play???! LOL

Last edited:
If I won the lotto things might be different LOL but all on my own, teacher salary, and 3 kids it's not an option . If CP ends up cheering again I will probably send her with friends and teammates to the majority of competitions. Makes me sad to miss so much, but it definitely saves $$$$.
If I had won the lotto while cp was cheering these past few years I would have hired a private helicopter to take her to practice :D.

The rates are never lower. I booked my hotel months ago for a STP competition I know we will attend in 2019. My rate is $109... guess what the STP rate is.... $214. Absolutely ridiculous
I may be lucky, but the two competitions that I've been able to book so far have actually been lower than what I can get through hotels.com or the hotel's website.

I have no idea how they will do it. My friend received their competition schedule from her gym. Summit and Worlds are listed as possible competitions and both are * as stay to play.

Gyms can choose the Stay to Play option for Worlds and Summit by choosing to have their families be on the Disney package. But they are not all inclusive Stay to Play. There are commuter options too. There is not enough room to accommodate everyone (as even last year they ran out of rooms).

Our first two seasons attending Summit we made everyone stay on site. Since then we have not. The prices for Worlds & Summit don’t even get released until the end of August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gyms can choose the Stay to Play option for Worlds and Summit by choosing to have their families be on the Disney package. But they are not all inclusive Stay to Play. There are commuter options too. There is not enough room to accommodate everyone (as even last year they ran out of rooms).

Our first two seasons attending Summit we made everyone stay on site. Since then we have not. The prices for Worlds & Summit don’t even get released until the end of August.

I know this has been the way in the past. However, if they are going to make it a STP, they could easily make say the Paid bids stay on Disney property and have STP options at off property locations for AL and WC bids.

I know this has been the way in the past. However, if they are going to make it a STP, they could easily make say the Paid bids stay on Disney property and have STP options at off property locations for AL and WC bids.

They could, by it would be a logistical nightmare.

Per my own source at Varsity and Summit, the event is not a Stay to Play event.

They could, by it would be a logistical nightmare.

Per my own source at Varsity and Summit, the event is not a Stay to Play event.

I'm glad to hear it isn't happening this year. Varsity/USASF has companies running STP who make so much money that they could afford to sponsor $50,000 in paid bids last year, so it's not much of a logistical nightmare when you have an outside company handling it. I don't think it's a matter of if, but when Worlds and Summit will become STP.

I'm glad to hear it isn't happening this year. Varsity/USASF has companies running STP who make so much money that they could afford to sponsor $50,000 in paid bids last year, so it's not much of a logistical nightmare when you have an outside company handling it. I don't think it's a matter of if, but when Worlds and Summit will become STP.

Sad but true, although I was glad to see that our gym and more gyms in general that have decided to do more local competitions this season, CP has several friends who did not return this season due to the cost. Who knows this may cause a spin off of more robust school and recreational programs fueled by those who have been priced out of All Star but may be willing to pay just a tad more to get a little more pep out of their school and rec programs. I mean $800 for the whole season plus 1 regional/ qualifier and 2 two day comps (State and Nationals) is far less than $500/mo for 10 - 11 months plus at least 4 two day comps and Summit or Worlds. JS

Sad but true, although I was glad to see that our gym and more gyms in general that have decided to do more local competitions this season, CP has several friends who did not return this season due to the cost. Who knows this may cause a spin off of more robust school and recreational programs fueled by those who have been priced out of All Star but may be willing to pay just a tad more to get a little more pep out of their school and rec programs. I mean $800 for the whole season plus 1 regional/ qualifier and 2 two day comps (State and Nationals) is far less than $500/mo for 10 - 11 months plus at least 4 two day comps and Summit or Worlds. JS

That is essentially what has happened to senior-level all stars in this area. public high school programs compete at nationals so everyone gets their fix without the outrageous cost.

Even the qualifiers are substantially cheaper, 35-45 per kid depending on when you register. I can register a whole team for half what it costs one family for a season worth of all star comp entries.

In terms of comp fees, our season looks like this:

In-state region: free
UCA qualifier: <$50
In-state State: free, hotels out of budget
UCA nationals: $400 commuter, $150 hotel

Maybe a random competition locally to prep for nationals, most of those around here have no entry fee.

Uniforms and essentials paid for out of school budget.

Other costs are $230 for warm ups and such that the girls wear their whole career.

640.jpg

And I PRAY that there is no STP equivalent forcing teams to use GoFundMe.

Back