All-Star To Be Continued...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is the person who gets the flamingos able to pay extra to keep said flamingos?
(I have a thing for tacky lawn ornaments, although I think my strata council would send some strongly worded letters if I kept a flock of plastic flamingos in my "yard"...)
We don't allow it, just because I paid good money for these flamingos, I'm gonna be the one to keep them in the end!;)

We don't allow it, just because I paid good money for these flamingos, I'm gonna be the one to keep them in the end!;)

My mom's church's youth group has been flocking for almost 15 years now. They've had to replace a few flamingos over the years, but they re-use them and it's always their best fundraiser. The older congregation members get a kick out of it (as do the middle schoolers who are allowed out around midnight, dressed in all black and are being encouraged to sneak around and stick the flamingos in the ground ;) ) They've even added extras on occasion--when my cousin was born my mom had us flock my aunt's and we added "it's a boy!" and "congrats!" type banners that have also gotten some re-uses.

I was actually shocked that I didn't get flocked when either of my kids were born, but I guess my saving grace was living an hour away and my mom didn't want to be the only one sticking them in my yard. lol

Another good one that our Summit teams did this year was to fill and hide Easter Eggs-parents would pay for X eggs (about a dollar an egg, with quantity discounts) , and the tram would come over early in the morning and hide them.

Some very good fundraisers have been mentioned, but please just keep in mind if there is any diversity on the team not everyone will want to participate in a fundraiser that centers around a religious holiday.

"We're only backed by a 2.5 Billion Dollar Company, please fund our international marketing trips, cheer community?"

All for the competition and international growth, but this is just tacky.

You do realize Lakepoint is their premier sponsor and Varsity is one of their supplier sponsors, right?
Sponsors - USA Cheer

You all are a tough crowd, non-profits are grateful for every penny they get. Uncle Sam puts limitations on businesses and Corps of donating 10% of their taxable income, and the majority give every bit of that and often more to multiple non-profits and organizations. I don't know if the IRS requires businesses to count merchandise donations at cost or at retail, but if it is at cost, businesses could make their donations go further by providing goods instead of monetary donations. Just because we think things should be a certain way, doesn't mean the IRS agrees with us.

Y
You do realize Lakepoint is their premier sponsor and Varsity is one of their supplier sponsors, right?
Sponsors - USA Cheer

You all are a tough crowd, non-profits are grateful for every penny they get. Uncle Sam puts limitations on businesses and Corps of donating 10% of their taxable income, and the majority give every bit of that and often more to multiple non-profits and organizations. I don't know if the IRS requires businesses to count merchandise donations at cost or at retail, but if it is at cost, businesses could make their donations go further by providing goods instead of monetary donations. Just because we think things should be a certain way, doesn't mean the IRS agrees with us.
I don't care about IRS max outs. Don't crowdsource your marketing initiatives through us, its simple.
They have billion dollar resources on hand, do something with it. We wanna say our sport is legit, but our governing body can't even get the athletes to the competition?

Are they the right people to be our governing body then?

Last edited:

"We're only backed by a 2.5 Billion Dollar Company, please fund our international marketing trips, cheer community?"

All for the competition and international growth, but this is just tacky.

Who paid for Kentucky to go to the Olympics? They managed to pay for that trip...

Y

I don't care about IRS max outs. Don't crowdsource your marketing initiatives through us, its simple.
They have billion dollar resources on hand, do something with it. We wanna say our sport is legit, but our governing body can't even get the athletes to the competition?

Maybe they aren't the right people to be our governing body then, right?

If that's the case then a lot of wonderful organizations wouldn't be in existence, and a lot of people would be left out of being able to be a part of something they want others to enjoy. We have very different views on giving and non-profit organizations. Many major corps love giving to the Special Olympics, but millions of people get great joy in giving to them, as well. The Kennedy's and Shriver's have billions, but does that make the Special Olympics founder and Special Olympics International the wrong people? A lot of great organizations come from IRS max outs. A lot of people get to enjoy incredible opportunities from those organizations. A lot of great business marketing is done via donations, and a lot of people get great joy out of being able to give to things and people they love. It's a pretty win, win, win, win situation.

Special Olympics: Our Partners
Special Olympics: Ways-to-Donate

If that's the case then a lot of wonderful organizations wouldn't be in existence, and a lot of people would be left out of being able to be a part of something they want others to enjoy. We have very different views on giving and non-profit organizations. Many major corps love giving to the Special Olympics, but millions of people get great joy in giving to them, as well. The Kennedy's and Shriver's have billions, but does that make the Special Olympics founder and Special Olympics International the wrong people? A lot of great organizations come from IRS max outs. A lot of people get to enjoy incredible opportunities from those organizations. A lot of great business marketing is done via donations, and a lot of people get great joy out of being able to give to things and people they love. It's a pretty win, win, win, win situation.

Special Olympics: Our Partners
Special Olympics: Ways-to-Donate
USA Cheer =/= Special Olympics, in really any capacity other than their IRS classification.

We’re not talking about helping kids here, were talking about expanding the marketing reach and sales power of a billion dollar company. VBs plan since the late 90s has been to focus on International expansion to continue to grow their bottom line.

Sponsors - USA Cheer

this is almost as ridiculous as your adamant defense of STP......

Back