OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I can write you one for Chi Omega later on once Im initiated.
I can write you one for DZ, you just have to remind me come April.

Phi Alpha....I was a little sister for several years (and my dad was a fellow SAE)

My chapter is getting a bunch of the SAE rush shirts from this year from the boys!

Still love our SAE creed. I've tried to live by it as best I could.

“The True Gentleman”

The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe.

- John Walter Wayland

hey y'all I know I've posted a few times before in regards to the same thing, but I'm starting to get desperate to find recommendation letters for rush at my school. I've exhausted all my friends and family members and have had very little luck. So if anyone is an alumni of one of these sororities, or know of one that would be willing to write a rec letter please, please, please contact me!

I'm still in need of:
-alpha chi omega
-chi omega
-kappa alpha theta
-kappa kappa gamma

hey y'all I know I've posted a few times before in regards to the same thing, but I'm starting to get desperate to find recommendation letters for rush at my school. I've exhausted all my friends and family members and have had very little luck. So if anyone is an alumni of one of these sororities, or know of one that would be willing to write a rec letter please, please, please contact me!

I'm still in need of:
-alpha chi omega
-chi omega
-kappa alpha theta
-kappa kappa gamma
I'm on my phone so Idk if the tag will work but @cheerKT was a kkg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Still trying to decide if I want to rush...recruitment is in the beginning of February. Help!
Do it! Unfortunately I've had some events happen preventing me from getting a bid both years I went through recruitment but the majority of my friends are Greek and I'm super close with the chi omega chapter at my school. It's such an awesome thing to be apart of. If you have any questions about anything Greek life feel free to message me!

After reading all 18 pages of this thread I still have a few questions. Im looking to hopefully attend Ole Miss, South Carolina or Alabama next fall (I'm currently a freshman at a community college). Does anyone know how rush works at these schools, and if it's any different as a sophomore as opposed to being a freshman? If theres anyone from the north on here who happens to go to a big southern school, was it a big adjustment and did you find you were at a disadvantage as opposed to girls from that area (I live in NY)? Is it difficult to balance greek life and cheering? I've heard that at South Carolina it's nearly impossible to do both, while at Ole Miss and Alabama its pretty typical that girls do both. I've been reading up about it online a lot, and I know not to trust everything I read on the internet, but I'm starting to get the vibe that its extremely preppy and kind of stuffy. I'm sure it depends on the sorority and I know rush is pretty formal, but does it begin to become more laid back after that? And lastly, can you get a bid from more than one sorority, and is there a chance that you could get no bid at all? Sorry for kind of hijacking this and asking so many questions and I know fall of 2014 is pretty far away, I just want to know what I would be getting myself into sooner rather than later.

I just want to point out, yes there is a chance you won't get a bid. I didn't this past fall and it is heartbreaking. I'm planning on going through again this spring, but I'm still really worried I won't get one.

After reading all 18 pages of this thread I still have a few questions. Im looking to hopefully attend Ole Miss, South Carolina or Alabama next fall (I'm currently a freshman at a community college). Does anyone know how rush works at these schools, and if it's any different as a sophomore as opposed to being a freshman? If theres anyone from the north on here who happens to go to a big southern school, was it a big adjustment and did you find you were at a disadvantage as opposed to girls from that area (I live in NY)? Is it difficult to balance greek life and cheering? I've heard that at South Carolina it's nearly impossible to do both, while at Ole Miss and Alabama its pretty typical that girls do both. I've been reading up about it online a lot, and I know not to trust everything I read on the internet, but I'm starting to get the vibe that its extremely preppy and kind of stuffy. I'm sure it depends on the sorority and I know rush is pretty formal, but does it begin to become more laid back after that? And lastly, can you get a bid from more than one sorority, and is there a chance that you could get no bid at all? Sorry for kind of hijacking this and asking so many questions and I know fall of 2014 is pretty far away, I just want to know what I would be getting myself into sooner rather than later.

@cheerKT was(is?) greek at Carolina

I'm just a Carolina alum (grad school) so all I can contribute is a "go Cocks"

As far as Alabama Greek life...they were in the news everywhere last September for some civil rights issues. They appear to have "fixed" it. So...theres that.

Back