OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
On that note, I'm home for fall break and want to get most of the crafting done while I'm home yet I forgot my paint pens at school. Whats the best place to buy them? I have Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann Fabrics, Walmart, Target, etc. Pretty much if its a nationwide store we have it.

ETA: Also what brands should I avoid? The only ones I've tried are the sharpie ones.

Last edited:
On that note, I'm home for fall break and want to get most of the crafting done while I'm home yet I forgot my paint pens at school. Whats the best place to buy them? I have Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann Fabrics, Walmart, Target, etc. Pretty much if its a nationwide store we have it.

ETA: Also what brands should I avoid? The only ones I've tried are the sharpie ones.
Walmart probably has the best prices

If you're buying them in a pack or willing to make multiple trips (or bring some friends) hobby lobby always has a 40% off one item that is typically the best deal assuming the other places aren't having sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're buying them in a pack or willing to make multiple trips (or bring some friends) hobby lobby always has a 40% off one item that is typically the best deal assuming the other places aren't having sales.

That's what I was thinking. All of my friends are still at their schools since it's an awkward time so I'll just make my parents go with me [emoji23]

Get the Painters brand from Walmart or oil-based Sharpie brand. Everything else likes to blow up and leave big blobs or not work

Omg thats so early. We have to wait till January for fall classes and April for spring ones.
What house are you in again?
A lot of initiations are happening this week - AXO, SK, ADPi, Pi Phi, Sigma, and KKG I know for sure... KD's was two weeks ago and Theta's was even earlier. We just finished our 8th week of school so it makes sense that that would be a common new member period length! I think Chi O is the only house here that waits until January

What house are you in again?
A lot of initiations are happening this week - AXO, SK, ADPi, Pi Phi, Sigma, and KKG I know for sure... KD's was two weeks ago and Theta's was even earlier. We just finished our 8th week of school so it makes sense that that would be a common new member period length! I think Chi O is the only house here that waits until January

Yeah I'm a Chi O. We have to wait until January for grades. I think we're the only one that still does it. We had recruitment only about a month ago and we don't have big little reveal till almost Halloween.

Sooooo... I realize that I started this thread and now rarely ever post in it, I'M SORRY YA'LL!!! I'm what's considered "off campus" right now till I get my act together and get back to University of North Florida. For those that don't know, I'm a sister of Kappa Alpha Theta, the first greek letter fraternity known amongst women :) As for the topic of initiation brought up, Theta tends to do it on Bettie Locke's birthday (one of our founders) or we have our Day of Service on that day. Either way, we get initiated in October! We can't wear letters until we're initiated. Some of my friends are Chi O's and they don't get initiated till January but they can wear their letters starting immediately as new members.

Sooooo... I realize that I started this thread and now rarely ever post in it, I'M SORRY YA'LL!!! I'm what's considered "off campus" right now till I get my act together and get back to University of North Florida. For those that don't know, I'm a sister of Kappa Alpha Theta, the first greek letter fraternity known amongst women :) As for the topic of initiation brought up, Theta tends to do it on Bettie Locke's birthday (one of our founders) or we have our Day of Service on that day. Either way, we get initiated in October! We can't wear letters until we're initiated. Some of my friends are Chi O's and they don't get initiated till January but they can wear their letters starting immediately as new members.

Chi O's just cant wear the crest till were initiated. Thank god we can wear letters right away otherwise itd be a long semester.

Chi O's just cant wear the crest till were initiated. Thank god we can wear letters right away otherwise itd be a long semester.
Same with DZ - can wear letters, but not the crest until initiation - which is in Nov. :)

Back