OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hello ladies! My oldest is graduating this year and will be attending an SEC school. She will be going through recruitment, she is not a legacy, I am completely clueless on the whole process, and I am kinda freaking out about the recommendation letters. Here are the sororities that she needs recs for:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha
If anyone can assist, please message me! Thanks so much!

Hello ladies! My oldest is graduating this year and will be attending an SEC school. She will be going through recruitment, she is not a legacy, I am completely clueless on the whole process, and I am kinda freaking out about the recommendation letters. Here are the sororities that she needs recs for:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha
I'd be happy to write one for Kappa Kappa Gamma! I'm also pretty sure I know the school by the sororities listed :cool:

PM me and I can send you my e-mail address

Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Phi Mu
Pi Beta Phi
Zeta Tau Alpha

If this is the school I think it is... I go there to! If you have any questions about the recruitment process here, feel free to ask me! I also was nervous about Rec leaders, but in reality if you have at least one for every house, you are fine. I am not a legacy and that didn't matter, a lot of girls aren't, and even if you are it doesn't hold much power for most houses. I'm going to be a junior in the fall and going greek has been absolutely the best decision! She will love it!

If this is the school I think it is... I go there to! If you have any questions about the recruitment process here, feel free to ask me! I also was nervous about Rec leaders, but in reality if you have at least one for every house, you are fine. I am not a legacy and that didn't matter, a lot of girls aren't, and even if you are it doesn't hold much power for most houses. I'm going to be a junior in the fall and going greek has been absolutely the best decision! She will love it!
Thanks for the encouragement nmaggie!

I think it came up in a Random Thread a few months ago and I was like "painting a ... what?"

Things you don't learn when you go to college in the north...
Same! I think I saw it in random too and I was like "Huh? Like... PAINTING it? With paint? A cooler? I'm so confused."

Just like the first time I saw those homecoming mums. What? It looked like a burial wreath with a teddy bear and lights. [emoji15]

I don't think we had any cool weird things that we did in high school or college.

Speaking of coolers, my mom offered to bring a cooler for my sister's room at the Summit. When she told the other parents she would bring the cooler, one couple was like "....a what?!?!" The husband said "Oh, she means an ice chest." They're from Arizona originally. I've never heard a cooler called an ice chest.

Speaking of coolers, my mom offered to bring a cooler for my sister's room at the Summit. When she told the other parents she would bring the cooler, one couple was like "....a what?!?!" The husband said "Oh, she means an ice chest." They're from Arizona originally. I've never heard a cooler called an ice chest.
My parents are both from south Louisiana and my mom has always said ice chest, while my dad usually says cooler. Weird.

Bringing back this thread :) My daughter is a little late in the game, but she is going through recruitment in the fall - paid her registration fee. No more All Stars. She wants to do something different. She has friends in sororities at her school, and then all over, at different universities. She isn't sure which one she has a preference for yet, but she does like the "Angel" theme that Pi Beta Phi has at her school. She is looking forward to the whole process :) I know she wishes she would have done it sooner, but she did college cheer at her first school, then she just wasn't ready to give up All Stars - but now she is ready, so I am happy for her.

Bringing back this thread :) My daughter is a little late in the game, but she is going through recruitment in the fall - paid her registration fee. No more All Stars. She wants to do something different. She has friends in sororities at her school, and then all over, at different universities. She isn't sure which one she has a preference for yet, but she does like the "Angel" theme that Pi Beta Phi has at her school. She is looking forward to the whole process :) I know she wishes she would have done it sooner, but she did college cheer at her first school, then she just wasn't ready to give up All Stars - but now she is ready, so I am happy for her.

It sounds like your daughter will be a junior then? I'll be a junior in the fall as well and have decided to do informal rush! My school does formal recruitment in the beginning of spring semester and my best friend rushed and I've become great friends with lots of the girls in her sorority, so I'm hoping to join this particular one! I know I'm late in the game too but I just wanna add something fun to do!

It sounds like your daughter will be a junior then? I'll be a junior in the fall as well and have decided to do informal rush! My school does formal recruitment in the beginning of spring semester and my best friend rushed and I've become great friends with lots of the girls in her sorority, so I'm hoping to join this particular one! I know I'm late in the game too but I just wanna add something fun to do!

Yes - she will be a Junior. She has cheer friends - some that have continued to cheer in college at different schools (her college is strictly coed cheer, she is a base/backspot) and then HS/cheer friends that went the sorority route. She did a year of college cheer on an all-girl team but switched schools. Then, did a year of all-stars on an international team. She didn't think she would have time to do all-stars and a sorority, so all-stars won last year. So, she knows quite a few girls in different sororities, and decided it was something she would like to do now, so better late than never :) Good luck to you!

Back