OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does every girl in your chapter who wants a little get one? We have no guarantee depending on how much girls rush.
Yeah basically... Greek life is exploding at our school and quota has been on the rise by at least 20 girls a year so some are forced to take twins

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yeah basically... Greek life is exploding at our school and quota has been on the rise by at least 20 girls a year so some are forced to take twins

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Wait does "taking twins" just mean taking two girls? Cuz I thought in you're original post you meant you had girls who were legit twins lol
#Nongreekproblems

Oh wow. Greek life is super small at my school and its considered successful if even 35 girls accept a bid. I think we have around 2500 students though.
Last year my pledge class was 52 and quota was 51... Panhellenic is talking pledge classes around 70-90 this year, and that's with a new sorority added in, so 10 houses total.

USC's quota should be around 125 this year. With 11 chapters, and a new one chartering after bid day. Sooooo yeah. Some will drop during the new member period and they will probably initiate about 110-115 or so.

They have to add more sororities to keep up with the number of girl rushing or pledge classes would be astronomical. When I rushed there were 9 houses, and two new ones joined (Phi Mu and Alpha Gamma Delta) during my four years. They have a schedule new chapters that will charter every other year starting this fall. I think it's Pi Beta Phi this fall, Alpha Xi Delta in 2016, then potentially AOPi in 2018. It's definitely needed. South Carolina has way less houses and the same amount of girls rushing as other SEC schools, so they are trying to even that out.

I know my chapter officially has two Recruitment Chairs and two New Member Educators (basically new member moms) this year to keep up with the volume.

USC's quota should be around 125 this year. With 11 chapters, and a new one chartering after bid day. Sooooo yeah. Some will drop during the new member period and they will probably initiate about 110-115 or so.

They have to add more sororities to keep up with the number of girl rushing or pledge classes would be astronomical. When I rushed there were 9 houses, and two new ones joined (Phi Mu and Alpha Gamma Delta) during my four years. They have a schedule new chapters that will charter every other year starting this fall. I think it's Pi Beta Phi this fall, Alpha Xi Delta in 2016, then potentially AOPi in 2018. It's definitely needed. South Carolina has way less houses and the same amount of girls rushing as other SEC schools, so they are trying to even that out.

I know my chapter officially has two Recruitment Chairs and two New Member Educators (basically new member moms) this year to keep up with the volume.

What does charting houses mean? My little private college doesn't have sororities so they don't make much sense to me

Hey y'all -- I probably haven't been on here in almost a year (I can't believe that!) but I'm a KD if anyone still needs letters of rec. They take them from actives and I'd be more than willing to write anyone one! Just PM me :)

Guys I want a little soooo bad but I know a lot of the older sisters want seconds or thirds even and I'm worried they're going to give them priority if it comes down to it. Also, I'm worried I won't meet someone I really love and I don't want to do it just to do it, but I literally have a closet full of crafts

Guys I want a little soooo bad but I know a lot of the older sisters want seconds or thirds even and I'm worried they're going to give them priority if it comes down to it. Also, I'm worried I won't meet someone I really love and I don't want to do it just to do it, but I literally have a closet full of crafts
They shouldn't! Everyone getting their first little got priority in our chapter. Then it went to older girls taking an additional little.

I feel like this hasn't been asked for the sake of people being "afraid" to ask but...
A girl I knew from high school just went through recruitment and word got around that she already decided she didn't two certain sororities because she knew girls from high school that she didn't like in them. Even though this was at a VERY large school in Florida with a large greek life, three girls made her think so negatively of their respective sororities and never gave them a chance.

So that made me think, is it ever the same the other way around? Do girls in the sorority ever 'down vote' PNMs that they simply didn't like from high school? For the PNM, how can you keep an open mind during rush about a sorority who has a group of girls you didn't get along with in high school?

I'm mainly asking this for the sake of others and also hoping this will spark some stories about the always fun happy ending! :D

I feel like this hasn't been asked for the sake of people being "afraid" to ask but...
A girl I knew from high school just went through recruitment and word got around that she already decided she didn't two certain sororities because she knew girls from high school that she didn't like in them. Even though this was at a VERY large school in Florida with a large greek life, three girls made her think so negatively of their respective sororities and never gave them a chance.

So that made me think, is it ever the same the other way around? Do girls in the sorority ever 'down vote' PNMs that they simply didn't like from high school? For the PNM, how can you keep an open mind during rush about a sorority who has a group of girls you didn't get along with in high school?

I'm mainly asking this for the sake of others and also hoping this will spark some stories about the always fun happy ending! :D

Going through recruitment, my chapter always saw a list of girls going through (we have probably 200-400 go through recruitment). We were always told to submit any "red flags" to our recruitment chair and they would go further with it. Whether it was accepted and that is the reason they weren't asked back to later parties is a completely different story and no one ever knows the answer except the recruitment chair.

Back