OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm in a music service sorority and a Panhellenic sorority. It's pretty difficult at times, especially because meetings are at the same time, but both groups are very understanding. I usually go to every other meeting of both so it works out.

As long as both groups are aware of one another and willing to help you, you should be fine!!
I definitely have some thinking to do- I'm also on the cheerleading team! I don't want to over budget my time. I just wanna get involved in everything haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a bunch of girls who are in a sorority and an honors fraternity. They make it look doable! I would just be sure to consider the cost. Obviously that's not the only thing to consider, but factor it in!

I definitely have some thinking to do- I'm also on the cheerleading team! I don't want to over budget my time. I just wanna get involved in everything haha

Oh wow!! I'm in the marching band at my school too, but I'm sure cheer takes more time. I'm not sure what your major is, but if it requires a lot of work, I would think of that too. I know I'm up late most nights to get my work done. It's worth it though, at least to me :)

So we had Spring Recruitment and we got 4 new girls and they're all perfect and I can't wait to see what this semester has in store <3

Does anyone have any knowledge of coed fraternity? My daughter is looking at going to check out a professional pre-health coed fraternity. It is basically all pre med type students (dentist, nursing, PT/OT/Speech). She wants to get involved with something - but she has cheer (for now) and works as a nanny also. This sounds like a good way to be around students like her to do some school events, without being so tied down - but I don't know anything about it - so if anyone has any experience or info, please let me know :) Thanks!!

Does anyone have any knowledge of coed fraternity? My daughter is looking at going to check out a professional pre-health coed fraternity. It is basically all pre med type students (dentist, nursing, PT/OT/Speech). She wants to get involved with something - but she has cheer (for now) and works as a nanny also. This sounds like a good way to be around students like her to do some school events, without being so tied down - but I don't know anything about it - so if anyone has any experience or info, please let me know :) Thanks!!
I was not personally in a honor fraternity but I had many friends who were. I gave a quick overview of what I knew of them on page 36. Also I believe @stuntjumptumble is in one

I was not personally in a honor fraternity but I had many friends who were. I gave a quick overview of what I knew of them on page 36. Also I believe @stuntjumptumble is in one
Ok thanks - I will go back and read :)

ETA - I went back and read - I think she would actually enjoy it. Especially since it is geared for students in pre-clinical like her. It may not be so time consuming and would give her something to join.

Last edited:
Ok thanks - I will go back and read :)

ETA - I went back and read - I think she would actually enjoy it. Especially since it is geared for students in pre-clinical like her. It may not be so time consuming and would give her something to join.

I'm an Alpha Eta (Honor society for Allied Health Professions) so if you have any specific questions, let me know! You had to be in a certain top percentage of your major program and had to be invited to apply, but it was not time consuming at all and is another good thing to put on resumes, so if she can do it go for it!!

I'm an Alpha Eta (Honor society for Allied Health Professions) so if you have any specific questions, let me know! You had to be in a certain top percentage of your major program and had to be invited to apply, but it was not time consuming at all and is another good thing to put on resumes, so if she can do it go for it!!

Ok thanks :) - She is going to the meeting. I don't know the process but the first night is the meeting (meet and greet) so she will get the info- that week they do the "rush" they have something every night. Luckily she can go before cheer practice. The last night is Bid Night - by invite only. I am hoping it works out for her - I think it would be enough social and good for her to get career exposure.

I got voted our NM Ed last semester, and we just found out that we have to do COB to meet quota, but we can only take like 3 or 4 girls. Has anyone ever had a pledge class this small? Ideas? (Ex what the heck do you do on a retreat with four girls)

I got voted our NM Ed last semester, and we just found out that we have to do COB to meet quota, but we can only take like 3 or 4 girls. Has anyone ever had a pledge class this small? Ideas? (Ex what the heck do you do on a retreat with four girls)
Spring of my freshman year we had a COB class of 3 or 4. (Insanely small for a chapter of what was around 250ish at the time)

Their "retreat" was just all day on a Saturday or Sunday. They were able to go a couple different places thanks to their small size. I believe they went to lunch, a pottery painting place where they panted kappa themed decorative tiles, and maybe somewhere else? Basically just a full day of bonding with their new member chair (or new member "mom" as we called them) and her assistants. It was good practice for them for their large new member class that fall.

Think of ideas around town that you guys could do. See a movie, visit a trampoline park, etc. Our initiation involves staying overnight and we used to rent a hotel ballroom for all new members. With that few girls we were able to do it in a current sister's apartment not that far from our house. The girls, new member mom/assistants and a chaperone all stayed in the girl's living room. The good news is if you do actually "retreat" out of town somewhere you could get by with one room with that small number.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was going through rush I showed up in a sweatshirt and leggings and I was just embarrassing myself left and right all night :banghead: I then proceeded to get lost in a scary looking mall... I won't be rushing until fall and as a junior but i'm nervous all of a sudden and I can't tell if it's actual nerves or because of how anxious I get when I get lost in unknown areas :confused:

A few nights ago I had a dream that I was going through rush I showed up in a sweatshirt and leggings and I was just embarrassing myself left and right all night :banghead: I then proceeded to get lost in a scary looking mall... I won't be rushing until fall and as a junior but i'm nervous all of a sudden and I can't tell if it's actual nerves or because of how anxious I get when I get lost in unknown areas :confused:
I had a dream the other day that I got multiple recs for every house and they all cut me after the first day... All 11! :eek: I feel the same way (but I'll be rushing as a freshman). But I'm also super excited already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing back this thread just bc I got a shimmy from my bid day lol

I got the opportunity to meet several sisters from all over this country this week at Disney World and it's seriously one of the coolest things ever. If any upcoming college freshman are reading this and thinking about going through recruitment, start planning to do so NOW!! One of the best decisions I've ever made and I would recommend it to anyone.

So sad to see how much negative attention greek life gets when so much good goes on that anyone who isn't involved seems to care about.

Back