OT Torn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

What would you choose?

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2010
For my 16th birthday in January, my parents gave me the option of either having a huge sweet 16 dance party awesomeness or going to Worlds as a spectator. I went to Worlds last year and LOVED it, I mean time of my life!, but I've also always wanted a huge party for my sweet 16. They said they'd love to give me both but those things aren't cheap, you know? I'm completely torn. I have a month or two to decide. What would you choose?

i would chose worlds! but thats because im a crazy cheer freak and if my entire life could be just cheerleading id be happy with that! i never really wanted a big sweet sixteen anyway, i got to go to hotshots camp for my 16th birthday. but if a big sweet 16 is something youve always wanted do that! you have every other year to go to worlds

I'd say Sweet 16. That's an experience you'll never forget, and considering you've already been to Worlds before, I think you should definitely choose a big party w/ all of your friends. Worlds will always be there next year, but this is your only 16th birthday :)

I would say go for the sweet 16, because worlds will be there next year, and you only turn 16 once. Plus you could get the worlds live feed or whatever it is called, and stalk you computer for a weekend.

you can do both like what i am, you get alot of money from your sweet 16. my parents said i could buy one thing with my money from the party and have to save the rest, so i picked for my one thing to go to worlds. figure you get 30-50$ from each of your friends and more from your family, so thats alot of money!

you can do both like what i am, you get alot of money from your sweet 16. my parents said i could buy one thing with my money from the party and have to save the rest, so i picked for my one thing to go to worlds. figure you get 30-50$ from each of your friends and more from your family, so thats alot of money!
Well my mum would have to go with me too. I honestly don't think I could get enough money to go. I mean it's a slim possibility, but I'm not getting my hopes up there.

You could always go to worlds and then save your money and have a huge party for your 17th or 18th to make up for the sweet 16 party you never.

Sweet 16! I had the same dilemma this year (March baby) and I had always wanted a big party ever since I was a little girl. Worlds will always be there but you only turn 16 once. My party was one of the best days of my life.

So I read this title earlier and read what it was about and wondered why on earth you would call this topic "Tom" apparently I need my eyes checked because the "m" in Tom is no "m" at all it is the letter "r" and the letter "n" put together "rn." I would like to say everyone else thought that too but unfortunately I was probably the only one!

Anyways I agree worlds is wonderful but the sweet 16 must be done! Then again after you have it I'd hate for you to wish you did it the other way around! So good luck!!

Well my mum would have to go with me too. I honestly don't think I could get enough money to go. I mean it's a slim possibility, but I'm not getting my hopes up there.
im going to go with a few friends that are my age (16) and there are like 4 of us going and one the girls dad lives down there so we wont be totally alone. but that is going to be a very hard choice for you

I'm going to say the Sweet 16 for the same reasons the others did. You really are only going to turn 16 once. (Now 29 is a different thing...I turned 29 like 7 times...) You can't ever have another Sweet 16, but you can go to Worlds every year for the rest of your life if you really want to.

Another thing I was going to say is make you Sweet 16 theme be "ilikebigbows' Super Worlds Bash" or whatever you want to call it. The new "thing" for weddings nowadays is to register your honeymoon instead of registering for gifts. I don't see any reason why you couldn't do this for your Sweet 16 too. You can set it up yourself or have a travel agent do it for you. But basically it's a fund - you can do it online, in a bank, or just keep it yourself. And instead of giving you gifts everyone contributes to your trip. There's a pretty good chance your whole trip would get paid for, and if not maybe your parents could pay the rest if it was only a tiny bit?

Then you could have your party, and still go to Worlds.

So I read this title earlier and read what it was about and wondered why on earth you would call this topic "Tom" apparently I need my eyes checked because the "m" in Tom is no "m" at all it is the letter "r" and the letter "n" put together "rn." I would like to say everyone else thought that too but unfortunately I was probably the only one!

Anyways I agree worlds is wonderful but the sweet 16 must be done! Then again after you have it I'd hate for you to wish you did it the other way around! So good luck!!

Side (yet somewhat related) note, I used to think the Natalie Imbruglia song "Torn" was called "Tom". Interesting.

my sweet 16 was april 24th and i left for worlds april 26th, i didnt have any party whatsoever but for me it was totally worth it :) however i was competing at worlds, not just going to watch haha so i didnt really have a choice. for me a sweet sixteen was never really a huge deal and it was such a busy time of the year there wasnt really time for me to have a big party... i kinda regret when i see people talking about theirs but ohwelll :(

Back