OT Torn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

What would you choose?

• Total voters
You turn 16 once in a lifetime! I'm sure Worlds will be around for a long time to come. At the end of the day it comes down to what will make you the happiest. If you're not into the whole sweet 16 party, go to Worlds. I think either way you will have an awesome time! Good luck making your decision.

Well.. worlds weekend is a party on the fiercechat. Something you'll have to experience (;
Sweet 16s aren't big in my area so it would almost be weird for me to have a party so I would personally choose worlds. But a big sweet 16 would be SO much fun.

You certainly have nice parents! Both choices are great! I'd have the sweet 16 party and save to go to Worlds next year. Just think of how much fun you will have with all your friends and the presents you will get!! You've been to Worlds and the party will be something you will remember the rest of your life. Have fun!!

I clicked before I read your paragraph. Since you won't be competeing at world's & you have been before I would lean towards the sweet 16.

deff your sweet 16!!! it would be completely different if you were competing...... a sweet 16 is a once in a lifetime experience, you could always go to worlds another year

You certainly have nice parents! Both choices are great! I'd have the sweet 16 party and save to go to Worlds next year. Just think of how much fun you will have with all your friends and the presents you will get!! You've been to Worlds and the party will be something you will remember the rest of your life. Have fun!!
You're right, my parents are absolutely wonderful! I'm very fortunate for having the chance to do either one of these things. I'm leaning towards the party right now, but I still have a lot of time to decide. Thanks everyone for your input! Keep it coming!

Honestly, if you look at these posts, you can see that those of us that have lived a little longer lean toward The Party. We love cheer, we love Worlds, but we know that you can't ever re-live your 16th birthday.
Sometimes us parents have a small clue. Just a small one...

Most of the posts here took the words right out of my mouth--sweet 16. you can go to worlds for 17, 18, 19, 20 and so on. turning 16 happens ONCE. and it's definitely an awesome time. I had my sweet sixteen party with my best friend because our birthdays were only two weeks apart. and to this day., it is one of the two best days of my life...my team winning the nations cup and being 4th in the world at the 2011 worlds is the other :)

I say Sweet 16... I never had a party for mine (I turn 17 in October so maybe I'll throw a party then ;) )... As others have said, Worlds will still be around but your Sweet 16 only comes once..

Back