High School Transitioning From Gymnastics To Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Almost every cheerleader I know did gymnastics at one point in their childhood before moving on to cheerleading, including myself. A majority of my high school competetive team got up to level 7 or 8 in gymnastics, quit because it was too stressful, and started cheerleading. It's weird now because we practice at the gymnastics center we all used to go to.

gosh i wish i did! it seems that most gymnasts who turn into cheerleaders always have better tumbling, jumps, and they are super flexible! not fair :( i started out as a ballerina, so i was flexible but had no muscle tone whats so ever. ha bad idea!!

Both my girls were gymnasts before cheer. They even did both cheer and gymnastics for 1 year. My oldest did gymnastics from age 3 to 17 and left as a level 9 gymnast right before senior year, quite a shock. My younger daughter left as a level 7 gymnast. Both girls are very happy they made the move to cheer.

Unlike female cheerleaders, most male cheerleaders didn't start out as gymnasts simply because boys aren't interested in gymnastics like their female counterparts. Instead, the majority of male cheerleaders started out as football players, baseball players, or wrestlers before making the transition to cheer.

i know a lot of people who were gymnasts before cheerleaders including myself. i did gymnastics until i was 10 & didn't do cheer until about 12(?) but i didn't have much tumbling anyways. i had a bhs from gymnastics but because of the break in between gymnastics & cheer i lost it but got it back really fast once i started cheer.

Unlike female cheerleaders, most male cheerleaders didn't start out as gymnasts simply because boys aren't interested in gymnastics like their female counterparts. Instead, the majority of male cheerleaders started out as football players, baseball players, or wrestlers before making the transition to cheer.
YES! :)
i was in the JROTC (junior reserve officer training corps.) Army. up until my senior year then i went to cheerleading.

im a male and i started out in gymnastics i did it for 6 years and i wanted to quit i love the sport but it caused my body so many problems and i was in the gym 5-6 days a week for 4-5 hours i couldnt handle all that

Back