All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Top gun had at least 3 of their large coed boys compete at summit on their restricted 5 team:banghead:. I could only recognize 3 so I don't know if there were more (one was the guy they featured in the CL movie and another is popular ish). That upsets me because those boys are featured in the large coed routine and clearly have amazing level 5 skills.
It bothers me to especially when at least one of them has THREE worlds rings and the rest have at least one.
It's bothered me all season. especially in the thread where people were complaining about coed elite kids crossing to Phoenix (both are worlds teams) meanwhile these athletes were crossing from a worlds team to a restricted five team at the same comp that CEA was at :rolleyes:

It bothers me to especially when at least one of them has THREE worlds rings and the rest have at least one.
It's bothered me all season. especially in the thread where people were complaining about coed elite kids crossing to Phoenix (both are worlds teams) meanwhile these athletes were crossing from a worlds team to a restricted five team at the same comp that CEA was at :rolleyes:
If I'm not mistaken CEA also had an R5 team at that competition with all of the boys on the team also being on Coed Elite, just like TG.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I do believe they changed the rule to only allow 4 athletes from your worlds teams to also compete at the summit.
They did add restrictions this year, but it's 5 athletes per Summit team. Meaning each team competing at the Summit can have up to 5 Worlds athletes on their team. I still think that's high, but at least there's progress being made I guess.

Well, if everyone is following the "cover up" rule...then we would have no idea whether girls are walking around the competition sporting a belly button ring with their uniform, right? So no problem!

But I think it is more the overall perception, honestly. Does belly button ring scream athletic sport to you? Do we see volleyball players or soccer players wearing them at their games? So, yes, it is a danger thing when performing...after that it's a perception thing.

FWIW...my daughter has one and I am totally fine with them. I do agree, however, that they do not belong on the comp or practice floor and do not increase the athletic/sport perception of cheer.

I think the only reason we don't see them is because they wear jerseys that cover them up. My sister and I did sports outside of cheerleading and both had our belly buttons pierced and both wore rings to practice and games. I also wore my belly button ring cheering at football/basketball games and no one had any idea that I even had it pierced. I have friends that still have no idea and get all surprised by my piercing and tattoos. I will say I took them out to compete for all stars but only cuz they showed and I didn't want it getting caught. I usually put it right back in when we were done.

Coaches and Gyms bombarding Facebook with "the best gym in ____". Seriously, it gets old when every gym in said state is posting that. No one knows what actually makes the best gym, the standards are different for every customer.

It's messy, thirsty and if it's about pulling new people into the gym, any consciously aware person has already taken note of your accomplishments and will choose accordingly.

single girls on the team looking like they are having a seizure at certain points of the routine. attitude and spirit is a good thing, but please look at yourself stomping, fistpumping,shimmying, whipping your hair etc
it's really not pretty

If I'm not mistaken CEA also had an R5 team at that competition with all of the boys on the team also being on Coed Elite, just like TG.

Were all of them on it? I know Holden did R5, but I'd thought he was the only one.

Did that team even make Summit? If it didn't, it's not quite the same, is it? Especially since that team JUST won Worlds. Yes CE made third, but it's not like they're all going back the next week, are they?

I don't know if their r5 was there, but my problem was with the fact that nobody cared that TG was doing that but were freaking out about CEA crossing between the same level. I don't agree with worlds athletes being on r5 regardless of the gym... I understand that it can be necessary at times and for "new" level 5 athletes but the ones on top gun were certainly not new to cheer at all.

i do get it to a certain point, i think they just need to put it in hindsight. you're getting 2nd in the WORLD. out of a high amount of teams. globing is an amazing accomplishment that many people won't ever get to achieve. i think athletes just tend to forget that sometimes. and i will say that this year has been much better (from what i've seen) of athletes on most teams. most seem to have great sportsmanship and know how to both win and lose graciously. don't get me wrong i do understand being disappointed from coming up a little short of first, i just personally don't feel that twitter/instagram is the place to broadcast it.. my absolute favorite thing to see is teams getting soo excited to even globe. as an example, watching the girls from flyers allstars being announced as top 2 was priceless. favorite part of the weekend!
I enjoy watching the underdogs that get first place at a competition because you see such genuine unadulterated joy in their reactions. I remember when that was my CP and we'd spent four years at a very small gym never placing better than third (at best, and that was rare). We eventually moved to a larger gym where CP's team placed first at their first competition. That was the sweetest win out of our nine years of cheer.

But when it comes to the Worlds athlete, I think it all comes down to perspective.

There are some athletes that spend their entire cheer career dreaming of becoming a World Champion. As the dream comes closer to becoming reality the desire increases because it's actually feasible to accomplish their dream. So, with so much hope and anticipation built up, and so much time and energy invested, it's logical that an individual would feel a sense of disappointment by getting something less than gold.

However, in the big scheme of things, the athlete should feel very fortunate to even be a competitor on a Worlds stage. Many people will never have that opportunity. Many people never even get to cheer. There are people in the world struggling to find food enough to stay alive, much less worry about cheer. For an individual to find themselves at Worlds among the most elite of the cheer world, the stars had to align. And that happened for them.

Focus should not be on the Gold Medal you don't have, but on the many wonderful things you do have in your life.

At times in our life we all need to stop and gain some perspective. Just back up and look at the big picture.

Back