All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Center preps doing too much in the pyramid. Please stop.

Broken wrists in high v's. Can't stand them.

I stopped "feeling this moment" at worlds 2013. Be done with it. And lastly, playing the song timber during a cheer competition...not the best lyrics..."it's going down". Worse yet, teams HAVING Timber in their music. Not the best choice.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

-The over the top poofs and teasing -> seriously we're starting to look like circus clowns not athletes, stingrays looked great this weekend, they looked clean, put-together, and athletic. Everyone should follow their lead. I know that the athletes love to get all dolled up but I think it's discrediting the sport and distracting. Collegiate Competitions actually have rules against overly distracting appearances such as insanely high poofs and hair teased to the gods. I think all all-star companies should try to enforce rules like these. Plus, I think the hair teasing looks trashy, just my opinion.
-All the extra added "fierce" choreography, especially in stunts. I don't like this for the same reasons I'm against the over the top hair.
-Cheerlebritys-> I realize this isn't going away but I really hate the whole concept of it
- USASF's scoring-> While a lot of times I see how placements could go either way, there are some teams that won this year that I honestly believe got first only because USASF didn't want to loose their business and needed a diversity of teams to be shown on ESPN's broadcast.

• tans.. well overdone ones.. just not OK for me.. not against natural looking ones though
  • Poufs. still not a fan of the over done ones
  • Crazy cutouts.. proud member of the bra brigade
  • Do you realy need a new uni? didnt you just get one?
  • And what is it with the crazy practise wear.. OMG you are basicly wearing it during one weekend.. all you need is a basic sports bra a pair of Nike pros and a bow and maybe a tank or a t shirt..
  • The crazy cheer mixes.. just stop..
  • Underrotated tumbling..

If teams spent half the time and effort they put into that giant hair and insane tan on their routine maybe we would have a lot less stunt falls at Worlds. Just an idea =)

Maybe the giant hair is throwing the stunt groups off balance :p since there's no way they can practice with hair like that....it would ruin your hair to tease it too the moon every practice

Bad sportsmanship both from the athletes, parents, and fans
Cheerlebrity "meet and greets"
Bows that "smell"
Established gyms being scored on last year's (or even older) reputation versus what they put on the floor today
Mesh on uniforms
Having too many At Large Bid teams at Worlds
Choreographed running tucks/layouts on level 5
A team leaving the stage ANYWAY but on their feet
Not being able to enjoy a great performance by hugging your teammates
Parents who think their children are level 5, when clearly Suzie is a level 3
Cheer moms (and dads) wearing cheer bows (that includes uniforms, warm ups, etc)
Teams that move between Level 5, Restricted 5, Level 1...

I'm going to go ahead and start wishing that turn back head shoulder snap thing would go ahead and die. The girl that tumbles to the front on SMOED does it, those two guys on Cheerforce open did it.

Granted in those cases they look fine doing it, however I feel like next season its going to become a bigger thing and its going to result in several people looking ridiculous and getting whip lash.

I'm going to go ahead and start wishing that turn back head shoulder snap thing would go ahead and die. The girl that tumbles to the front on SMOED does it, those two guys on Cheerforce open did it.

Granted in those cases they look fine doing it, however I feel like next season its going to become a bigger thing and its going to result in several people looking ridiculous and getting whip lash.
I saw a picture of her doing it and it was like the exorcist. I didn't know backs could bend that way so forcefully

From smoed- she was a little too into the routine at one competition & someone got a picture of it and it turned into a big joke because someone said she broke her back (of course people believed it) haha. But I'm guessing she did it the last few competitions as a joke

- uninformed fangirls: I doubt this will die out, but please, know a little bit about who you are obsessing over! I have seen one too many comments on IG saying "OMG Smoed beat senior elite!" I love Smoed, but some of the crazy fans are annoying me (smaniacs?)

- fierceness over cleanliness: there is nothing fierce about stunts falling! Sometimes I feel teams are more concerned over their fierce hair flips and stomps than to keep stunts in the air

Back