All-Star Trends You Hope Will Die After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just really don't understand the hate for glamorous make up and hair. If teasing her hair to the heavens is what make a cheerleader feel good why complain about it? For me that's something I love about cheerleading, being able to say "I'm going to do these amazing skills, and I'm going to look good doing it! *insert hair flip here*"

I just really don't understand the hate for glamorous make up and hair. If teasing her hair to the heavens is what make a cheerleader feel good why complain about it? For me that's something I love about cheerleading, being able to say "I'm going to do these amazing skills, and I'm going to look good doing it! *insert hair flip here*"

i agree
it's just a matter of what you like, some people love big hair and glamorous make up and some don't
Just because you don't like doesn't mean it's horrible

Sometimes it is too much and a distraction. This tiny head in a mass of hair. U should already feel good about what u can do as an athlete!

Right. Like I love doing my makeup and having nice hair (and by nice I don't mean a giant poof and a ridiculously teased pony tail), but I'm awful at doing hair (pretty good at makeup though). Sometimes I just wish it was acceptable for me to throw my hair into a messy ponytail and be on my way.

Right. Like I love doing my makeup and having nice hair (and by nice I don't mean a giant poof and a ridiculously teased pony tail), but I'm awful at doing hair (pretty good at makeup though). Sometimes I just wish it was acceptable for me to throw my hair into a messy ponytail and be on my way.

I actually hate curling my hair so every event for cheer in college has been an adventure. I feel like there are so many athletes that hide behind the poof and and aesthetics of cheer, and forget that no matter how good you look, you still can not do well.

I'm not a huge fan when people yell the counts during the pyramid. I'm pretty positive everyone can count to eight on their own.

Obviously not world's teams but my youth and junior kiddos might need a little help with that this weekend at our first competition...you would be surprised haha. They think the music is A LOT faster than it actually is so they rush the heck out of it.

Obviously not world's teams but my youth and junior kiddos might need a little help with that this weekend at our first competition...you would be surprised haha. They think the music is A LOT faster than it actually is so they rush the heck out of it.
I always enjoyed when CP was on a mini or youth team and they first got their music:p What once was a choreographed series of jumps, motions, and tumbling always turned in to some frantic insanity dash around the mat.

I always enjoyed when CP was on a mini or youth team and they first got their music:p What once was a choreographed series of jumps, motions, and tumbling always turned in to some frantic insanity dash around the mat.
And the best part about that: the 8count tracked they did the routine to for the last couple of weeks was exactly the same speed as the new music :D.

Ugh... you're making me nervous now. CP is on a mini team and they just got their music. Frantic insanity dash around the mat? Lol!

Ugh... you're making me nervous now. CP is on a mini team and they just got their music. Frantic insanity dash around the mat? Lol!
those were some of my favorite memories of all - along with my youngest being overzealous one competition and doing 2 more BHS than there was mat...straight into the judges table. You will look back and smile (and maybe make a vine :D) I promise!

I would like a mute button for jumps. I'm so sick of hearing HIT HIT HIT PULL. I'm sick of people being unfamiliar with a team and yelling HIT when the team does a single jump. We get it. They're not in practice, learning where their jumps go. They don't need it. Nobody needs it. I feel like Missy in Bring It On yelling "give it up already" in the hotel room
I don't really mind it, I watched some videos from worlds 2007 or 2008 and no one was yelling that during jumps & it seemed very odd without it for some reason. Lol

unpopular opinion i guess but i love going full out with hair/makeup on comp days! we really don't compete that often so maybe thats why i love it but i find getting ready to be so much fun! i wouldn't love comp days near as much with a straight back pony and no poof/tease. plus if i feel personally getting all glammed up for comp works wonders for the confidence..

Back