All-Star "tricking" Or "corking" In Cheer, The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2010
So I was watching one of my friends (Brandon McCuien or "Lil b")videos that he posted on facebook earlier of a "Tricking" gathering he went to a couple of weeks ago. We were discussing this AMAZING style, and he mentioned to me that it was going to take the cheer world by storm.
I began to wonder into which category it would fall, and what rules apply to it.
If you dont know what tricking is, this is the video I watched...

These skills are not performed upside down, but by jumping and twisting (either straight up, or to the side). The definition of tumbling is VERY vague and the rules that apply to LV5 tumbling seem a little off when it comes to performing these tricks. I understand spinning would be limited to 2 rotations, but what about bounding combinations? what if this skill was performed in level 3 without a twist? technically you are not flipping, your just jumping. I searched though my rules but cant seem to find any category that it fits. SO for all of you rule guru's, Im interested in knowing what you think about this "Tricking" craze.
this could quite possibly be a revolutionary new skill in cheer.

I've been on a few Open teams with trickers, they've found little ways to get their skills in there - but mostly it just looks like they're doing ugly fulls in their tumbling passes.

I think that would in a way disrespectful to all the cheerleaders who care about the way their tumbling looks.

I won't even watch the videos, because it's a waste of my time. It's a total hot mess. It's sloppy and messy and shows a lack of respect for the real sport. It reminds me of those annoying Martial Arts guys who think they're hot s----

I won't even watch the videos, because it's a waste of my time. It's a total hot mess. It's sloppy and messy and shows a lack of respect for the real sport. It reminds me of those annoying Martial Arts guys who think they're hot s----
That's your opinion, but I know some of them work very hard for some of these skills. Maybe they don't belong in cheerleading, but we should respect the work put into what they do.

Except for the fact that Brandon McCuien is an actual cheerleader and is a complete bada** at the "real sport." They aren't saying what they're doing is tumbling or cheerleading so they aren't showing any disrespect to cheerleading. They've created a name for their style. So you're sounding pretty ignorant with that response.

Except for the fact that Brandon McCuien is an actual cheerleader and is a complete bada** at the "real sport." They aren't saying what they're doing is tumbling or cheerleading so they aren't showing any disrespect to cheerleading. They've created a name for their style. So you're sounding pretty ignorant with that response.

That is NOT real tumbling. If you're going to spend time on something, and risk an injury doing it, it sure as heck better be something real. If they were on my team, and hurt themselves doing that nonsense, they'd find themselves looking for a new gym. I'd rather have someone go down skiing or playing volleyball or soccer.

For me...having a 6 year martial art background...its a sport like any other. They definitely work out and maybe even harder than cheerleaders in my opinion. I don't think it belongs in cheerleading because its just two different categories of tricks. here's a website of the MASSIVE array of tricks in tricking http://www.club540.com/tricktionary

yes it can b sloppy but tricking is not meant to be judged and not meant for people to critique. its a self discipline like parkour and freerunning. way different than cheerleading. but...tricking is LOADS of fun to do and i enjoy tricking myself:D

That is NOT real tumbling. If you're going to spend time on something, and risk an injury doing it, it sure as heck better be something real. If they were on my team, and hurt themselves doing that nonsense, they'd find themselves looking for a new gym. I'd rather have someone go down skiing or playing volleyball or soccer.
Once again, they ARE NOT saying that it is tumbling. Just like soccer isn't tumbling, neither is tricking. It's TRICKING.

Back