All-Star "tricking" Or "corking" In Cheer, The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would love to see a team put like 10 people doing this in their routine, and then see how they feel when they get their tumbling execution scores.

The fact I was most impressed by the guy who just threw a sweet tumble pass towards the beginning tells you something. It's cool and I appreciate the skill involved but it is most definitely NOT suited to cheerleading.

Im a judge, and I think that some of these skills could be incorporated (if cleaned).
What do you think people said when people first did some of these body positions in a stunt?
Isnt a switch-kick double basket a very similar variation of some of the trickin skills performed?

How do you score a tricking skill as clean? Every trick they do, have bent knees. In the switch kick double you can score a straight leg and straight body in the twist.
There are a few trickers who can perform a double side cork and the rest step out or fall, in my opinion they cover mistakes with other skills afterwards, i see often trickers falling.
In your video you can see how often they overrotate.
Performing tricking in a pyramid? Do you mean double side cork? Can you give me an exsample, please.
For the healthy aspect, i know 2 of 15 guys who had a cruciate ligament rupture. I know they have balls to try everything, but i think they should pay attention for their knees. Cause after evey side cork they land on the side of their feet and the force to there knee is very hard if they don´t land straight.

Tricking is already a sport ...It IS martial arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et0R9cr4p7I

Sure its super impressive and requires tons of strength and body control, I don't think anyone was saying it didn't. Its just not cheerleading.

I think the most of them don´t do the kung fu or similar or did you ever seen one of the guys practise with shako or with a wood fighting? So i don´t bring tricking and material arts in one sentence, for me their is a difference between this two words.

I think the most of them don´t do the kung fu or similar or did you ever seen one of the guys practise with shako or with a wood fighting? So i don´t bring tricking and material arts in one sentence, for me their is a difference between this two words.[/quote]

why does martial arts have to include a shako or wood fighting? or kung fu? have you ever took the time to research the MANY styles of martial arts? Many trickers actually are a part of a martial arts school. Amerikick, tiger schulmans, schools like that. So yes YOU CAN put tricking and martial arts in one sentence because martial arts is one of the BASES of the tricking sport. Do research.

I think the most of them don´t do the kung fu or similar or did you ever seen one of the guys practise with shako or with a wood fighting? So i don´t bring tricking and material arts in one sentence, for me their is a difference between this two words.

why does martial arts have to include a shako or wood fighting? or kung fu? have you ever took the time to research the MANY styles of martial arts? Many trickers actually are a part of a martial arts school. Amerikick, tiger schulmans, schools like that. So yes YOU CAN put tricking and martial arts in one sentence because martial arts is one of the BASES of the tricking sport. Do research.[/quote]

EXACTLY

I think it's wicked cool, and could have a basis in cheer if the skills are clean. I've seen some of those kick combinations in dance..maybe throw some in the dance section if you've got two guys doing it on either side and it will hit cleanly?

Some of these response posts SCREAM of the pretentious attitudes we as cheerleaders try so hard to fight. It's interesting to be on the other side, isn't it?

Since they technically arent flipping but rather twisting I think this stuff wouldnt go under the tumbling score imo....it could be utilized more as transition moves. It would look cool to have a large portion of a team bust this out if it was clean into or out of a formation while other stuff was going on. It would be a wow factor similar to TG's choreo every year. There's always something that you're not expecting.

I feel like this is something you would see in MMA. I have seen "tricking" like this in a lot of parkour videos and I just don't know if it would have a place in the cheer world because it looks sloppy (although it is kind of cool)

Wow. Calling this a waste of time was ridiculous. Yes, I could have lived without seeing 1:49, but it was obviously a joke. Since when is the fierceboard a place to post snooty comments about other sports? Wow, just wow.

Anyway, I would love to see this in a dance, jumps, and possibly for stunting as others have said. I think it could be incorporated really well into a dance. And it could be modified a little to make it cleaner. If a coach puts any tricking skill into a routine, they can tweak it some to where it could look cleaner. It's not like there's no room for change or anything.
I'm not sure if I would like to see this as tumbling. It's awesome, but I'm just not sure about it for a tumbling pass. I'm thinking more along the lines of choreography.

why does martial arts have to include a shako or wood fighting? or kung fu? have you ever took the time to research the MANY styles of martial arts? Many trickers actually are a part of a martial arts school. Amerikick, tiger schulmans, schools like that. So yes YOU CAN put tricking and martial arts in one sentence because martial arts is one of the BASES of the tricking sport. Do research.

EXACTLY[/quote]

Funny, maybe you two do research
Wikipedia: Tricking (short for "martial arts tricking") is the informal name of a relatively new underground alternative sport movement, combining martial arts, gymnastics, and other activities to create an "aesthetic blend of flips, kicks, and twists."

Martial arts (literally meaning arts of war[1] but usually referred as fighting arts)

Tricking is for me a sport, for people they try many things of differnt sports fast, without the knowlegde of the basics.
If i see trickers i clap my hands over my head, becuase they don´t nothing about gymnastic basics. Everyone say it looks sloppy and why is it?
I don´t want to go off topic, so i stop to discuss the difference between tricking and Material arts.

Back