All-Star "tricking" Or "corking" In Cheer, The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well i mean...top gun had it in their routine last year. the guy in the middle did a 540. so i mean...you can go and question victor...

I do believe Mini B does some tricking in the Wondercatz routine..hmm I wonder who taught it to him???
I go both ways on it, it's really cool to watch from a martial arts or capoiera view but in cheer..I can't really see it taking off. Maybe as a cool spotlight trick but running tumbling or some of those longer runs the guys are doing, probably not.
And yes...1:49 blinded me for life...lol

Hahaha this makes me laugh. There are kids "tricking" in my gym all the time (during open gym). These kids have SICK air awareness and if I can find a way to get them into cheer its so easy to clean that up. If you don't want them in your gym that is def your choice and as much as I don't encourage the kids that are in my gym to do so but if I can get them into cheer and that's how they start I'm not complaining. Kinda like a girl that's a former dancer, or a boy thats been in martial arts, half the battle is air awareness and body control. These "trickers" obviously have it and if you don't want them in your gym, send em my way I'll never turn ANYONE away that can spin 4 times I don't care how they did it.

i think the skills are sweet! but i just dont think it belongs in cheerleading, deffinatly mma stuff or something like that, its a cool thing and these guys are deffinatly talented, i think it would look really messy on the floor.

How would you feel about one of these double twisting skills performed in a toss? Technically they are not completing a hips over head flip...it could be legal if done correctly. Or a release caught at the top? You could turn many of these tricks into innovative stunting.
I will NEVER say anything negative about this sport. The body awareness these people have is amazing and I will always respect innovation.
who are we as former/ current cheerleaders to judge what is and isn't a sport?
I think what Brandon meant was that this sport could really create some innovative new idea in cheer. Since rewinds and free standing/ tosd flips are illegal, some of these skills are not performed upsidedown, but rather sideways ...
just my opinions and I'm all for trying new things. What do you think about tricking skills used in other cheer categorys other than tumbling?

How would you feel about one of these double twisting skills performed in a toss? Technically they are not completing a hips over head flip...it could be legal if done correctly. Or a release caught at the top? You could turn many of these tricks into innovative stunting.
I will NEVER say anything negative about this sport. The body awareness these people have is amazing and I will always respect innovation.
who are we as former/ current cheerleaders to judge what is and isn't a sport?
I think what Brandon meant was that this sport could really create some innovative new idea in cheer. Since rewinds and free standing/ tosd flips are illegal, some of these skills are not performed upsidedown, but rather sideways ...
just my opinions and I'm all for trying new things. What do you think about tricking skills used in other cheer categorys other than tumbling?
I think if a team were to put some form of tricking into their routine, it would be outlawed or regulated the next cheer season. But from a theoretical stand point if they could use it in a pyramid or transition cleanly, it would look awesome. Plus points for originality. But bringing tricking into cheerleading is hard to use a move that looks "clean" in the judges eyes.

I think if a team were to put some form of tricking into their routine, it would be outlawed or regulated the next cheer season. But from a theoretical stand point if they could use it in a pyramid or transition cleanly, it would look awesome. Plus points for originality. But bringing tricking into cheerleading is hard to use a move that looks "clean" in the judges eyes.
Im a judge, and I think that some of these skills could be incorporated (if cleaned).
What do you think people said when people first did some of these body positions in a stunt?
Isnt a switch-kick double basket a very similar variation of some of the trickin skills performed?

I won't even watch the videos, because it's a waste of my time. It's a total hot mess. It's sloppy and messy and shows a lack of respect for the real sport. It reminds me of those annoying Martial Arts guys who think they're hot s----

Reading your post was a waste of my time]. I think your opinion is a hot mess and you lack respect for the people who put a lot of hard work and conditioning into tricking. You remind me of an annoying person that says cheerleading isn't a sport and think they're hot sh** when they wont even take the time to understand what it's about and the physical strength and ability it takes to do the things we/they do.

Wow you guys are being a little rude. Just because something is different from what you are used to doesn't make it bad. Maybe this doesn't have a place in all star cheerleading, but you don't need to insult what they are doing.

I think its amazing and wouldn't mind seeing it incorporated into a cheer routine in some creative way.

Im a judge, and I think that some of these skills could be incorporated (if cleaned).
What do you think people said when people first did some of these body positions in a stunt?
Isnt a switch-kick double basket a very similar variation of some of the trickin skills performed?
Oh totally. I think there are some awesome tricking skills that would look way legit in stunts. I think level 6 teams could mostly benefit from adding tricking to there routine i.e. tossing a flyer from one stunt to another doing a barrel roll or something like that. As long as it doesn't look like an accident or a dangerous stunt.

Back