All-Star "tricking" Or "corking" In Cheer, The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yep KC's small limited had Michael from the video and two other trickers a few years ago
yes, we did in our small coed routine a couple years ago. we had 3 guys do "tricking" in the routine. the judges always liked it and it got good comments. It was timed very well together and clean. I looked for a video but couldnt find one other than on someones facebook

I think tricking it COOL. But not impressive (most of the time), ik so many kids that do all these corks and twists but wen some of them tried to become actual tumblers its a mess. They kinda cheat the whole acrobatic thing by most of their skills avoiding flipping or becoming inverted, and because they just throw there bodys around even if they do come along they all hit walls very soon. Like with a back-handspring, there just capable of doing roundoff stuff because tumbling and tricking really are not that similar in technique...this is my opinion from my personal experiences of seeing trickers trying to actually tumble. But on the reverse, i see many tumblers like Lil B adapt to tricking very quickly and excel, Ik at my gym the guys trick all the time for fun and there pretty good at it. But i think at most it'd be something for fun, maybe a transition here or there in a routine, but your never gonna see an isolated tick pass at the end of running tumbling. IMO

I thnk tricking looks cool and i would watch it on youtube. would i enjoy seeing it in cheering .... No i think it looks sloppy but it looks very cool when done right. dont get me wrong i wish i could do some of those flips, but for someone to sit down and judge a routine withtricking in it would be hard. What if there is still a team that does regualr tumbling because they think it look cleaner. I think cheering should just stick to tumbling and being clean and safe and not try tricking

Back