OT Twinkle Vanwinkle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I broke the rules and only read the last two pages before commenting, but now after reading most all of it, it just reinforces my opinion that some parents need to be lined up and shot (okay, maybe just spoken harshly to) for the names they have saddled their children with. It may be "so cute", but it can truly make life difficult for the kids who have to deal with their parents' idiocy. Our last name happens to be one of those held up for ridicule in earlier posts, we thought very carefully about what to name our children so as not to leave them any more vulnerable then they already were going to be. You can't control your last name, it is part of your heritage, but you can certainly think twice before burdening that precious baby with something that will almost certainly be a source of embarrassment at the beginning of each school year ( and perhaps even make it difficult for an employer to take them seriously.) Off the soapbox now.

My dad was telling me today about a bloke he works with that has the surname Orange, his wife's name is Cherry Orange... :/

I don't know about other parents, but I made sure even my kids' initials didn't spell some funky abbreviation. So it always makes me chuckle when I see a baby named some thing like Alberto Santiago Sanchez.

Thomas Dale High School in Chester, VA's cheer coach's name...Candy Cain.
A teacher at my school is marrying a man named Thomas Dale. I guess it's only a weird name if you live in Chesterfield

In Richmond weirdness...
There's a man named Happy the Artist who's kids all have bizarre names, Ocean Miracle is one, fellow Richmonders, please help me out with his other kids

In Richmond weirdness...
There's a man named Happy the Artist who's kids all have bizarre names, Ocean Miracle is one, fellow Richmonders, please help me out with his other kids

Happyanne All The Saints, Chances R Good Brother, Keegan of Laughter, The Maximum Jazz, Amazing Grace and Oceans Miracle.

I think there are a couple others too. Bless their hearts.

I don't know about other parents, but I made sure even my kids' initials didn't spell some funky abbreviation. So it always makes me chuckle when I see a baby named some thing like Alberto Santiago Sanchez.

My younger sister is T.A.P....which isn't funky. Mine are E.S.P which is only funky because I frequently have tendencies where I do E.S.P-ish things and people will always say "whoa do you have ESP?.....and I will say... sure, those are my initials.

Fresh off of the WITN news website :

Police said the four people injured in a hit and run over the weekend had been attending a family reunion.
Sergeant Joe Friday with Greenville Police said Monday that the children were at a hotel, and had been swimming until a late hour. investigators believe their mother was taking the children to a different location. On their way, the family was hit by an unidentified driver, who then fled the scene.

Back