High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes... It's an additional little comp that allows teams who placed top In their divisions at regionals and last year finals to compete again against other HS teams from other countries... Nothing too competitive but it's a fun extra comp :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information. Most of the schools around here don't compete and I am not up on all the comps. I appreciate getting more knowledge!

We had played dyer county in football. They aren't coed during football and they had the largest team that I have ever seen.

This was such a magical weekend.. My kids are so hyped for next year. I had kids so sick throwing up (virus) morning of into next day my fill in had a knee give out in warm ups.. Everything that could go wrong.. Went wrong.. We went in with the most watered down messy version of ourselves and we're just greatful we didn't place last. But this made them so hungry for next year. This competition is such great character building... Live Oak was out of this world... Loved West Nassau... ElDo was great... Greenup was awesome... I could go on and on. So much talent. I will say... Happy to be out of the stampede of cheerleaders though, lol!!!

This was such a magical weekend.. My kids are so hyped for next year. I had kids so sick throwing up (virus) morning of into next day my fill in had a knee give out in warm ups.. Everything that could go wrong.. Went wrong.. We went in with the most watered down messy version of ourselves and we're just greatful we didn't place last. But this made them so hungry for next year. This competition is such great character building... Live Oak was out of this world... Loved West Nassau... ElDo was great... Greenup was awesome... I could go on and on. So much talent. I will say... Happy to be out of the stampede of cheerleaders though, lol!!!
I'm excited for you guys!

Awesome!
Hope to see you back next year!
And I'm soooo happy to be home again and in my own bed but I'm just not ready to give them up yet!!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there some sort of separate "worlds" competition? I have been seeing a few things on social media, but I can't find information or results.
On Sunday they host the "school cheerleading worlds." You have to place top 10 in your division the previous year in order to be eligible to participate. Started 5 years ago. We've done it every year, because why not!? The international teams for the most part have been moved into rec divisions, just because it was such an unfair difference in the regular divisions the first couple of years.

Got home last night. As a whole, this was the coldest nationals ever! Some thoughts...

1. Eldo!! Wow!! Southwestern was awesome! East side middle was phenomenal. Love United HS and the crowd from Costa Rica!

2. Passed by Dunbar practicing on the tennis courts Sunday afternoon and overheard Saleem talking to the flyers about selling it. I just wanted to sit, watch, and take it all in, but didn't want to be a stalker!

3. Sunday night in arena south was MISERABLE!! They ran over 2 hours behind. Our kids stretched outside around 5:30 and we didn't take the floor for almost 4 more hours. The warmup room was the biggest train wreck I've ever seen. It was freezing. No heat in the tent, and the bottom of the tent was open by a few inches all the way around. We might as well have been sitting outside. Awards were supposed to be at 10:10, but we had them at 12:30 am. The guy announcing apologized for it being hot in there and I thought the people around me were going to tackle him.

4. The cafeteria food has never been great, but they changed it this year and I thought it was inedible. I spent a lot of money at the food trucks!!

5. I'm so glad to be home and out of that tiny all star sports room!!

6. I've never seen so many drops on the football field Friday. Normally teams are solid, but groups were dropping left and right. It was crazy.

7. Shocked to see teams that were train wrecks advance to the next round over teams that hit, especially when the difficulty was very similar.

8. Disappointed that true full ups didn't score any different than walking half ups. There was a lot of scoring that I just didn't understand in many divisions. The breakdown in my own division had me scratching my head over a lot of teams!

7. Shocked to see teams that were train wrecks advance to the next round over teams that hit, especially when the difficulty was very similar.

8. Disappointed that true full ups didn't score any different than walking half ups. There was a lot of scoring that I just didn't understand in many divisions. The breakdown in my own division had me scratching my head over a lot of teams!
This always irritates me.

I have to agree with you here. We hit and had exact same stunt and pyramid performance score as a team that dropped two stunts and half a pyramid. I get it that the other team got hit with deductions, but the performance score should be impacted as well. Well, maybe it shouldn't, but then what would be the point of the performance score?

I have to agree with you here. We hit and had exact same stunt and pyramid performance score as a team that dropped two stunts and half a pyramid. I get it that the other team got hit with deductions, but the performance score should be impacted as well. Well, maybe it shouldn't, but then what would be the point of the performance score?

Yes I had the same issue with train wrecks making it through to the next rounds and it was because their performance score was scoring way too high. I saw it in prelims and semis.

Yes I had the same issue with train wrecks making it through to the next rounds and it was because their performance score was scoring way too high. I saw it in prelims and semis.

We are sort of used to it. Kentucky High School Athletic Association cheer judges are morons. I can justify all of my UCA scores, so I don't have a complaint about the numbers themselves. I would have been fine having my score and the team that fell having lower numbers. They should not be identical.

Well, I have no room to talk, because we were NOT the smoothest sailing boat on the sea out there... I'm sorry, but we all subject ourselves to "right" or "wrong"..."unfair" or "fair" opinions of others when we throw our hats in the ring. Theres not one team that won that I didn't think didn't "didn't deserve it'

Back