Uk Cheer Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 24, 2012
Any cheerleaders here from the UK? I'd really love to get to know other cheerleaders in the UK since it's not so big over here:( /get to know what other teams there are!:)

Ahhh! Thank you! :D I actually used to live in Manchester and was going to join Rising Stars before I moved back to London! :)
They're an absolutely amazing team to be a part of...I've only been there a year but I'm closer to them than my old uni team! What team are you on?

They're an absolutely amazing team to be a part of...I've only been there a year but I'm closer to them than my old uni team! What team are you on?
Yeah, I'm bummed I couldn't stay up there long enough to have a season with them. :( But I currently don't cheer for a team, I got very sick and was in hospital for a while and found out that my coach had been saying mean things about me while I was sick and so I didn't feel happy to return. :/ But I'm trying out for Unity this summer so fingers crossed! :D

Yeah, I'm bummed I couldn't stay up there long enough to have a season with them. :( But I currently don't cheer for a team, I got very sick and was in hospital for a while and found out that my coach had been saying mean things about me while I was sick and so I didn't feel happy to return. :/ But I'm trying out for Unity this summer so fingers crossed! :D
Oh thats sad to hear about your old coach. But I hear good things about Unity. cheer_for_ashxo is on their junior team (I think)

Oh thats sad to hear about your old coach. But I hear good things about Unity. cheer_for_ashxo is on their junior team (I think)
Yeah, a girl on Unity Ruby added me on facebook a couple of days ago and if she's anything to go by, then both the team and the coaches all seem really nice and lovely and I'd love to be a part of it. :)

hey im from Rockstar way up in scotland.

we sat next to ruby during awards at jamfest and the girls talking to me were sooo nice!!! we dont cross paths often at comps but they all seemed to be nice and drama free which is always a miracle in cheer!!!

hey im from Rockstar way up in scotland.

we sat next to ruby during awards at jamfest and the girls talking to me were sooo nice!!! we dont cross paths often at comps but they all seemed to be nice and drama free which is always a miracle in cheer!!!
I've heard of them! :D

Yeah, it's one of the things that's made me so determined to make this team. I've been on two teams before and they've both had a LOT of drama and nastiness! It's always nice to see really lovely teams actually exist in this sport! Haha!

It's always nice to see really lovely teams actually exist in this sport! Haha!

i agree! so often i see the nasty comments and dirty looks, its so refreshing to see kids congratulate each other or even just sitting catching up at competitions.. when i first started cheer it was such a nice environment no drama and everyone knew everyone but its grown to be so cut throat! i think we need a bit of good old sportsmanship back !

i agree! so often i see the nasty comments and dirty looks, its so refreshing to see kids congratulate each other or even just sitting catching up at competitions.. when i first started cheer it was such a nice environment no drama and everyone knew everyone but its grown to be so cut throat! i think we need a bit of good old sportsmanship back !
I am so with you here! When I first started we'd cheer the other teams on. If we'd already received our placement (say we came 5th or something) we'd hold hands with the other teams in our divisions while they waited for their placement and we'd be happy for them even though they'd beat us. And instead of being jealous and mean about a team that performed something REALLY good, we'd tell them that is was good. Haha. I want it back to where you could be friends with girls from other teams and actually chat to them at competitions and outside of competitions without your own squad giving you the death stare! :p

I'm from the UK too :) I'm currently on a small team in Swindon (Wilts) but I'll hopefully be trying out for Unity in September too :) Which team are you planning on trying out for JadeHewitt?

I've heard of them! :D

Yeah, it's one of the things that's made me so determined to make this team. I've been on two teams before and they've both had a LOT of drama and nastiness! It's always nice to see really lovely teams actually exist in this sport! Haha!

I'm currently teamless because of pettiness/nastiness, but I'm glad to be away from that sort of behaviour. You're so lucky to be able to try-out for Unity, I live in North Devon so the team I was on was the only one that competed and other teams are quite hard to get to which sucks :/ But hopefully I'll go to comps and get to meet you and everyone else :D Good luck for this season :)

hey im from GCA in the uk, and i know everyone on our team is always really nice to everyone, at comps we are always wishing everyone else good luck its just a shame to see that some people are too obnoxious and arrogant to forget their egos and team names and join in like a family!

Back