All-Star Unethical Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I still give props to that CEA girl for 4 teams (she was a fill-in on one that exhibitioned, I think?). That's more than my brain/body could handle.

That's illegal at any USASF sanctioned events.

The crossover rules only apply to cheer to cheer crossovers. There's no limit on cheer to dance (aside from the maximum 3 cheer teams) or dance to dance crossovers. From my experience in running dance events, the concept/use of crossovers is very different when it comes to dance teams that come from studios compared to dance or cheer teams from all star gyms.

The crossover rules only apply to cheer to cheer crossovers. There's no limit on cheer to dance (aside from the maximum 3 cheer teams) or dance to dance crossovers. From my experience in running dance events, the concept/use of crossovers is very different when it comes to dance teams that come from studios compared to dance or cheer teams from all star gyms.
Haha yeah..I think I did at least 4 or 5 different routines for comp dance. Solo, tap duo, small group, large group, jazz, tap..there are way more options.

No rule against it but that kind of business won't last long. Don't sweat it. Just remember, you get what you pay for and if it's free it must not be that valuable. Sounds pretty desperate to me.

Don't we tell our children not to take candy from strangers? Just a thought.

So true. Thanks so much

My daughter has a neighborhood friend who cheers at a different gym. Everyone knew this gym was putting junior aged athletes on youth teams, seniors on junior teams, and even a coach on a senior co-ed team. When I tried to explain to her mom that her 5'6" 12 year old (as of that May) should be on a junior team rather than the 2 youth teams she competed on, she told me that the coaches said they performed in a "different league" than we did (even though I pointed out we were at several of the same competitions). They were finally found out last year and immediately told all the parents that the rules suddenly changed. My neighbor 100% believes the gym owner and as far as I know, they faced no repercussions.
They faced no repercussions because USASF rules state the athletes can be on youth teams as long as they are still 11 on 8/31 of that season. Even a kid who turns 12 on Sept. 1 is legal on youth. Definitely nothing unethical about a kid who turns 12 in May being on youth, and nowhere are there height restrictions for any level.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They faced no repercussions because USASF rules state the athletes can be on youth teams as long as they are still 11 on 8/31 of that season. Even a kid who turns 12 on Sept. 1 is legal on youth. Definitely nothing unethical about a kid who turns 12 in May being on youth, and nowhere are there height restrictions for any level.

It sounds like the athlete in question was placed on a youth team when she was already 12. With her birthday being in May she would be essentially the same age for the whole season.

Sidenote: The "SWEET LORD LOOK HOW TALL SHE IS SHE CAN'T BE YOUTH AGE!" thing is something in cheer that I don't like.

Children come in a variety of heights. I had a Y2 kid whom tons of peeps were like "There is no way she's really 11."

Yes, she might be about 5'5, but she is definitely 11.

Same thing with "SWEET LORD SHE'S 4'11 and 70 lbs! NO WAY SHE'S OLD ENOUGH FOR A SENIOR TEAM! I'M CALLING THE CHEER POLICE!"

Um, I was 5'0 and 90 in 10th grade! Some people are just small. Relax.

Sidenote: The "SWEET LORD LOOK HOW TALL SHE IS SHE CAN'T BE YOUTH AGE!" thing is something in cheer that I don't like.

Children come in a variety of heights. I had a Y2 kid whom tons of peeps were like "There is no way she's really 11."

Yes, she might be about 5'5, but she is definitely 11.

Same thing with "SWEET LORD SHE'S 4'11 and 70 lbs! NO WAY SHE'S OLD ENOUGH FOR A SENIOR TEAM! I'M CALLING THE CHEER POLICE!"

Um, I was 5'0 and 90 in 10th grade! Some people are just small. Relax.
Yup. I had a 5'3" 9yo who wore an Adult large uni and size 9 shoe.

our dance teams are from an allstar gym, they go to worlds.

My older cp who is 12, will still be 12 in May, is on youth and is 5'4" with a TEN ladies shoe.
When she was a Mini 2, another gym at a National Miami competition (whose Mini 2 team came in 2nd to us the previous 4 local/regional comps) stopped the comp while we were in warm-ups and challenged her age. They claimed she was a "ringer", overage and their people knew her from school and she was in 5th grade not 3rd. We lived nowhere near that gym and I had pics on my phone of my cp in 3rd grade in her school uniform. It held everything up as my daughter was called out (and had to stand in front of several hundred people) by the EP, with the accusing gym owner and current owner there too. Our gym owner knew my cp and her age and stood his ground but it was mortifying for my 9yr old cp to be called out like that in front of everyone just because she was bigger and her same age flyers were half her size....they agreed to let her compete and our mini 2 team came out and took home 1st again. #karma

Our gym owner knew my cp and her age and stood his ground but it was mortifying for my 9yr old cp to be called out like that in front of everyone just because she was bigger and her same age flyers were half her size....

When people are like OMG LORD JESUS SHE'S OVER/UNDERAGE RING THE ALARM, they're wrong 99% of the time and it's embarrassing for all involved.

Especially as it is usually based on the kid's WEIGHT or HEIGHT which is awful.

Ex: Jenny might be SUPER self-conscious about being 5'5 & bigger than everyone on Mini 2. And you were seriously just like "OMG LOOK AT HOW BIG SHE IS! HER NFINITIES ARE SIZE SASQUATCH" in front of like 7 EPs, the whole team of teeny tinies, parents, etc. I'm sure that feels great.

Or maybe Teeny Tiny Senior Flyer hates being skinny. When someone is yelling "LOOK AT HOW LITTLE SHE IS! SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BOOBS!" I'm sure that's a real self-esteem boost.

My advice is that unless you were IN the delivery room the day that kid was exiting the birth canal, don't pull the age card.

When people are like OMG LORD JESUS SHE'S OVER/UNDERAGE RING THE ALARM, they're wrong 99% of the time and it's embarrassing for all involved.

Especially as it is usually based on the kid's WEIGHT or HEIGHT which is awful.

Ex: Jenny might be SUPER self-conscious about being 5'5 & bigger than everyone on Mini 2. And you were seriously just like "OMG LOOK AT HOW BIG SHE IS! HER NFINITIES ARE SIZE SASQUATCH" in front of like 7 EPs, the whole team of teeny tinies, parents, etc. I'm sure that feels great.

Or maybe Teeny Tiny Senior Flyer hates being skinny. When someone is yelling "LOOK AT HOW LITTLE SHE IS! SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE BOOBS!" I'm sure that's a real self-esteem boost.

My advice is that unless you were IN the delivery room the day that kid was exiting the birth canal, don't pull the age card.
I know right? She's not heavy, you can see in my avatar she's just built like an athlete not a stick figure lol...plus my younger one is tiny but tall too. The older cp is only 22 months older than the little cp but looks 4 years older lol

Back