All-Star Unfair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why would they do that if they don't need to...? idk, just the way i look at it. if you're going to put the same kid on two teams and you dont need it, then why not just give one of those spots to somebody else who doesnt even have a spot on ONE team?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but CEA's teams only practice one day a week + a tumbling class. Why don't more gyms know how to utilize their time better? Why would you NOT fill up a team if you had talented athletes that were more than willing to help you? Why do people even complain about it when they are not breaking a single rule by doing it? These are the questions that haunt me..........

why would they do that if they don't need to...? idk, just the way i look at it. if you're going to put the same kid on two teams and you dont need it, then why not just give one of those spots to somebody else who doesnt even have a spot on ONE team?

Why don't you just work harder so they don't kick your a$$ so often?

Im just saying that the fact James Speed can say "Hey! Come to Louisville" and then say "Hey! While you're here... Be on one of my Senior teams" seems a little unfair. Of course kids earn their spots on those teams - but he has access to recruit for "Louisville" with GT in the back of his mind"
Im tired, but I will finish my opinions about other owners and coaches having self interest only tomorrow or later tonight

... and one can look at her post and wonder what her agenda is?

There is politics everywhere you go. You can't get away from it. Its in work, cheer, baseball, hockey, glee club and so on. Just like everything else in life - I would like to believe and do believe that most gym owners are balancing what s right for the industry and their gym. Sometimes you may have to vote what is better for your gym cause it could cause more harm than good to your business model.

you have to look at her post on the secondary level. Almost the entire thing is not meant to be read on the surface level. There are many implications and if you don't look at them then you can get a skewed opinion on her opinions.

Everybody makes a team at CEA, no matter age or ability. At tryouts you tell them if you want to be on more than one team, and even though you may request to be on multiple teams, they only guarantee you to be on one, just depending on which teams are completely full or whatever. I don't know the exact process, but I don't think you understand how it works.
that makes more senseeee, sorry, was a bit confused.

I don't think people understand these EIN's

You will not be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.
  • You change the name of your business.
  • You change your location and/or add other locations.
  • You operate multiple businesses.
That comes straight off of the IRS's website. So, Happy would still be able to share athletes between locations even if this went into effect according to what the IRS website says unless I am missing something.

The EIN number can be used either way, and I'll use ACE as the example because they were already brought up.
ACE can have 1 corporation with 1 EIN and still have several locations, or each location can have a separate corporation and all have the same owner. It is simply looking for the definition of the word program so that the other rules that reference program can start to be enforced. Right now there is no technical definition for program so many of the rules that are already in place aren't enforceable. Assuming this passes...now it will.

Therefore, If ACE has 1 EIN number and 7 locations, everyone of the athletes are a part of the same program and can share athletes. If each location has a separate EIN, they can not.

Im just saying that the fact James Speed can say "Hey! Come to Louisville" and then say "Hey! While you're here... Be on one of my Senior teams" seems a little unfair. Of course kids earn their spots on those teams - but he has access to recruit for "Louisville" with GT in the back of his mind"
Im tired, but I will finish my opinions about other owners and coaches having self interest only tomorrow or later tonight

No one ever said anything of the sort related to "Hey! Come to Lousivlle or "Hey! While you're here......be on one of my Senior teams---it was a personal choice to try out and an accomplishment and honor to make and to be able to be a part of both U of L and GymTyme. It was the result of a lot of years (13 to be exact) of hard work and dedication and sticking with something through many not so great years and gyms to get to that point---probably best not to attempt to trialize situations and speak about people that you do not have any first hand knowledge of what they have gone through to get to where they are or what their personal situations are. Again, I see nothing unfair about someone working hard for 13 years to get where they are and loving a sport and wanting to continue on at the next level.

I really don't understand why we have these "committee" things anyway. Fierce Board should just have a poll for all of the proposed rules. After all, we are the most level-headed, open, unbiased and out-to-help-everyone-else group around.

I do not think that what Louisville/Gym Tyme does is unfair at all. They are following the rules just like any other gym in the country. Any other gym can do the same thing that they do if they choose to. CA can pull from colleges in TX, Top Gun from FIU and other colleges in FL, Maryland Twisters from UMD. They are age eligible so where is the harm in that?

Top Gun won worlds this past year so I don't see your argument there.

As far as Happy and ACE, he isn't the only owner of a multilocation gym that is probably against this proposal. He has his reasons and that is really all that matters.

While it would be nice for everyone to overlook their gym and concentrate on just the industry, it is crazy to think that everyone does that. While watching the webcast there were several times things were brought up and it was said to think about the entire industry and not just your gym, but then there were other times it was said to think about YOUR situation and go from there. Gym owners and coaches vote the way they choose for reasons known to them and you have to respect their choices even if you don't agree with them.

This is incorrect. Due to the competitive cheerleading team at UMD being considered a sport, the athletes must abide by school rules which prevent them from cheering for allstar programs. While a large margin of the Terps are former Twister athletes, and I'm sure they would be pleased as punch to have an opportunity to super senior, this option is not available to them.

Ok I'm sorry but the whole U of L thing is silly. Duh of course they recruit their kids. What school doesn't?? And who cares if they cheer for GT too while they are there if they are age eligable? In fact I bet there are some kids that would rather cheer all stars and go there just to cheer for GT. No rules are being broken..both programs are amazing..soooo who cares?? JMO :)

The same can be said for ANY program will college age athletes. when i was a senior in high school, we had 6 super seniors on my team, simply because it had just recently switched from grade in school to age, and people wanted to continue cheering. I went to Rowan University for a year and cheered at SJS because it was 10minutes away from campus. We had people from U of Deleware on our open team... Does that make it unfair? This happens EVERYWHERE and it is completely legal as long as age guidelines are followed. Louisville just gets singled out because they're GOOD.

Back