All-Star Unfair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think you can have it both ways. You can't believe in the system when it falls your way and then fault it when it doesn't. I have felt a real drive for industry health lately. Maybe it's the push for Olympic competiton or the court ruling but either way I like it. I have heard a lot of comments from coaches that made points that weren't neccesarily beneficial to their gym but they felt were good for the sport. I like this alot.

On a side note...I think it's crazy that voting takes place but the board ultimately decides. Is this still the situation?

From what I've read, the rules committee "considers" the NACCC vote results and makes the final decisions on what passes.

I really don't understand why we have these "committee" things anyway. Fierce Board should just have a poll for all of the proposed rules. After all, we are the most level-headed, open, unbiased and out-to-help-everyone-else group around.

I vote myself as the supreme representative for all future proposals. That's fair.

First item for vote. I get to use CEAs EIN for my own personal gain. . . .APPROVED

I am so confused with this schizophrenic thread I don't even know where to begin....

GymTyme is being completely fair... I can say that much with 100% certainty, they aren't breaking any rules and they aren't keeping any secrets so don't hate on them for taking advantage of the resources that are available to them. I would agree with Mr Melton that, with the exception of international teams, you would be very hard pressed to find many senior teams with more than 1-2 college athletes, and I would be willing to bet there is not a single other team with 10 or more, but that's really neither here nor there.... I do think GT, due to their relationship with UofL, is in a very unique situation which leads to that program being run in a way that would not really work at any other gym and they come by a lot of their success via a slightly different route than any other program.... I suppose you could say the same thing about our gym too though

As far as people having an agenda.... It's really a little silly to me.... Everyone has an agenda, and everyone is looking out for themselves! Some people are looking out for themselves by pushing/voting for rules that they think will directly help them win as soon as they go into effect.... Other people are pushing for rules that they honestly believe will help the industry grow, make it safer and create more competition, now that might seem a little more selfless but really it's just a different way of making sure you have some job security and you can potentially thrive in a larger industry (still looking out for themselves) one is maybe slightly more tunnel vision than the other but they are both a means to an end.

Finally I think your opinion on the conspiracy theories surrounding the NACCC/USASF/Voting process are directly related to your position on the cheerleading mountain.... Weather you're at the base, climbing up, reaching the top, fighting to stay there, or sliding down things always look a little different even though it's the same mountain... Idk if that makes any sense to anyone or not but I guess what I'm saying is the system is definitely not perfect but it can seem a lot better or worse depending on the current position of your program when it's time for some changes in the industry.... From the top of the mountain change might seem really bad, from the bottom of the mountain change might seem really good, even though whats really best is probably somewhere in the middle

My last post was completely joking. It was late (early), no intention of hints at schizophrenia

This is incorrect. Due to the competitive cheerleading team at UMD being considered a sport, the athletes must abide by school rules which prevent them from cheering for allstar programs. While a large margin of the Terps are former Twister athletes, and I'm sure they would be pleased as punch to have an opportunity to super senior, this option is not available to them.

I was more so talking about the small coed team at UMD.

Haha I was talking about the multiple topics in the thread not any one posters actual mental health Shark Dad!

I noticed the same thing very late (and after writing my thesis on Youth 5). That's why I tried to make a funny. Why do you hate America by the way?

IMO This is just silly: Do we really NEED to limit where people can coach at now and what level. As far as crossing over as a coach. Who says you can NOT coach at the college level if you own a gym or can NOT coach HS if you coach AS, or coach college if you coach HS etc. PLEASE. These people have been in the industry for years and years and years. Are we really going to start the "this is unfair" stuff now?? It's always been like this no matter what SPORT not just cheer! There will always be someone better than you and someone worse. If you can work the system - and recruit where you can why not? Everyone is looking for their advantage or loop hole where they can find one. Right?

I vote myself as the supreme representative for all future proposals. That's fair.

Can I be a minion? I'm good at minion-type things, like laughing at every joke (whether it's funny or not) and being a lookout.

If someone is so opposed to have UofL kids available to GT then look at the age cut off reducing super seniors...just a thought

Can I be a minion? I'm good at minion-type things, like laughing at every joke (whether it's funny or not) and being a lookout.

You are hired to laugh at all my jokes from now on. But you must tell me its funny.

Paid for in shimmy's given out by Tealfan

You are hired to laugh at all my jokes from now on. But you must tell me its funny.

Paid for in shimmy's given out by Tealfan

custom_1238782530060_haha.jpg

I noticed the same thing very late (and after writing my thesis on Youth 5). That's why I tried to make a funny. Why do you hate America by the way?

I feel like I'm falling into a carefully laid trap here but..... What gives you the impression that I hate America??

just throwing out a cross-thread joke. nevermind. All of these rules and legality discussions are driving me a little batty

Back