Uniforms...shorts Or Skirts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

shorts! I LOVED my shorts last season, def the way to go. Girls are getting too "sexy" with their skirts, either leaving them unzippered or hiking them wayyyy up. I guess this can happen with shorts too, but IMO shorts all the way!

I have had both, last year i had skirts but at my new gym we have shorts. i personally like the shorts better because like people have said before skirts ride up when you tumble and jump. All though i like the comfobility of shorts better, i like how the skirts look as a whole, its more traditional

I also think the skirts are more traditional...however the girls seem to like the shorts, I am just glad the boy shorts are not booty shorts! ;)

UA has both and it depends on the coaches on what's worn to competitions, but my coach who also coaches prodigy does shorts the first day and skirts the second day. Personally, I prefer the skirts. I didn't at first when I was told we would have them, because whenever I think cheer and skirts in the same sentence, i think of skirts flaring out which is just not cute to me, but when I got mine, I definitely liked it more. Our skirts are more tight fitting which is what attracted me to them and they have purple spankies attached. The shorts however do ravel up on the legs which is something that always bothers me. I am a smaller girl, but the shorts just don't make me look as good as the skirt.

UA has both and it depends on the coaches on what's worn to competitions, but my coach who also coaches prodigy does shorts the first day and skirts the second day. Personally, I prefer the skirts. I didn't at first when I was told we would have them, because whenever I think cheer and skirts in the same sentence, i think of skirts flaring out which is just not cute to me, but when I got mine, I definitely liked it more. Our skirts are more tight fitting which is what attracted me to them and they have purple spankies attached. The shorts however do ravel up on the legs which is something that always bothers me. I am a smaller girl, but the shorts just don't make me look as good as the skirt.
thats so cool how u guys have both!:)
i like that idea!

I personally like skirts, and I think it leaves a traditional aspect in the ever evolving cheerleading world. I prefer though when the spankies are connected to the skirt, bc then your skirt doesn't get twisted around and it stays put better!

Agreed! Our new uniforms this year were like that and I like them much better! Even if my skirt does hike up after jumping or something, I know it didn't move around and I'm still covered by my spankies (ours are shorts style).

I like both. I saw F5 this past weekend in Baltimore and thought they looked awesome in the boy shorts uniform!

i like both i think it just depends if your whole team can pull shorts off and what they look like with the top

Back