All-Star Usa Cheer New Music Rules..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes. It's a significant jump depending on your selected music package.

Example - last season we paid $350 per mix and $800 for our Worlds mix.

Same producer for custom mix this year will be $1300 ($500 increase).

Some producers are offering pre made mixes you can customize, which range in price. You can buy an $89-$120 pre made mix and pay for upgrades and even swap hit songs.

You can buy pre made mixes for $350 and custom vocal certain sections.

Pre made mixes are great for certain styles of teams. I think we will use this option on certain teams.

For a pre-made mix, does this mean multiple teams could end up with the same music? Or with very similar music depending on the level of upgrades/swaps?

For a pre-made mix, does this mean multiple teams could end up with the same music? Or with very similar music depending on the level of upgrades/swaps?

Yes. Or so I envision it. There's multiple ways to custom the pre made mix but I think you may hear music that is more similar now. It depends on the producer they use.

It's interesting, I have read that covers are not necessarily protected music, depending on the license so coaches have to be careful who they contract with.

Is this affecting people?

This looks like it's getting more complicated rather than clearer to me.

It doesn't matter if you own the master recording rights, you also need permission from the publishers, which belong to the original writers and publishing company. The mechnical license (Harry Fox Licence) that allows covers does not include the right to manipulate or alter the composition (and you certainly can't pass on this right to those you sell the cover to). You need specific permission for each cover from the publishing company. There is no way that the cover producers have obtained this as it is very expensive and time consuming to do so even for a single song.

I may not have all the lingo right (I hated my law class in college) but I know there are MP's out there that have artists they've hired specifically to record new covers of songs for their music library, in which case they would own the rights as their producer. This is what I'm talking about.

I may not have all the lingo right (I hated my law class in college) but I know there are MP's out there that have artists they've hired specifically to record new covers of songs for their music library, in which case they would own the rights as their producer. This is what I'm talking about.
But you have to have permission from the original publisher to change that cover. I recommend everyone speaking with a music attorney regarding your individual team/gym/school plan for music this year to make sure your behind is covered.

Last edited:
Ok, so maybe something has changed in the industry... but as a gym owner/event producer, it is all fine and dandy if you buy music/play music from a producer who claims to be compliant (and paying the fees for the music) but you will also need to have licenses yourself if you plan to play the music. You are not covered by the producer's license.

Back