All-Star Usasf 2011-2013 Rule Proposals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are some posts already made about it here:
http://fierceboard.com/forum/threads/rules-up-for-change-amendments.11357/

I think that there are some proposals that are really good, but others that just don't make sense to me. I don't understand getting rid of the Junior 5 and Youth 5 divisions.

Ahhh! I haven't scouted the "new" Fierceboard enough yet!!! But I agree getting rid of Jr 5 is crazy!!! I hope they dont get rid of Y5. But I agree with limiting the tumbling in Y5. They have so much time in the sport, why not protect those young bodies for a little while!!!

i am all for 4.2 open 14 & older some of the level 6 open teams are plain scary & hard to watch & most don't do more than a tuck or layout....i witnessed this weekend @ a competition lv 6 one full was thrown most were ro hs tucks

Ahhh! I haven't scouted the "new" Fierceboard enough yet!!! But I agree getting rid of Jr 5 is crazy!!! I hope they dont get rid of Y5. But I agree with limiting the tumbling in Y5. They have so much time in the sport, why not protect those young bodies for a little while!!!

Yeah I hope that they don't get rid of the divisions but limiting youth 5 would be fine with me. And getting rid of JR 5 just seems so silly to me. I mean those JR 5 athletes help add to the talent of the senior teams once they are old enough. I feel like if they would get rid of the division then it could hurt the senior divisions when it comes to bringing in new talent.

i would LOVE if they changed the age deadlines back to may<3
and i agree that it's crazy to get rid of junior five, it just proves the talent of those athletes.

I'm not a fan of IO4. If you have layouts and standing tucks you could compete in Level 6. Most level 6 teams do not even have full squad standing tucks or layouts. If you're going to create a new open division it needs to be Open 3. Most Open athletes have skill levels in levels 2/3. Ideally it would be very close to the NCA College Intermediate divisions. With no kick doubles or layouts.

Personal opinion: Having an International 4 division - fine. Having an International 4 division (or anything other than full L5 or L6) at Worlds - not fine.

creating scoresheets to fit other nations, not fine.

creating scoresheets to further our sport to the limits, fine.

being a level 2 athlete I love all of the suggestions EXCEPT for allowing multiples in level 2. a lot of the girls on my team probably couldn't throw standing multiples and I feel like it takes away from the progression. I think standing multiples should stay in level 3. But i totaly agree with allowing one trick baskets in level 2 and straight rides in level 1

What does everyone think about the possible time limit change? I think level 1 should definitely be less than 2:30. As a choreographer I find it difficult to make the routine that long considering they don't have a basket section and usually tumbling sections are smaller. (Maybe 2:15 would be better) As far as level 2 goes, i think it should stay at 2:30- I would definitely struggle making it less. (as well as 3 & 4) As for level 5, I would LOVE adding another 15 seconds. That would definitely be helpful in making sure all elements are completely maxed out on the scoresheet. Especially with this new emphasis on synched tumbling at Worlds- a lot of teams are going to want to put in full team synced running tumbling which would be a couple extra 8-counts in itself.

Back