All-Star Usasf 2011-2013 Rule Proposals!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On another unrelated topic - I really hope they don't get rid of tosses for minis.

My little girl would be crushed if she didn't get to throw her friends in the air. :)

I'm not big on Sr 1 either (just because I never see them) but to say that with enough privates and classes they could get a skill fast is not exactly true. My oldest cheered from "mini" (it was called something else back then) all the way up to a Junior 3. She threw her BHS once in a private and never did it again. What carried her to Junior 3 was her basing capabilities, due to being so tall and "fluffy" for her age she could unassisted base a single flyer...at 10 years old. Her last season was a lot of running behind the mat...basing...running again...nuggeting...ect. She went to every team practice, every tumbling class, and one private lesson a week. She even had sessions with Debbie Love. To say she wasn't giving a 110% would be a lie.
Now at 13 she wants back in and has even agreed to going back to tumbling at Spirit. Is it going to be an uphill battle for her? Probably.
On the other hand my current cp got her BWO in 2 months, and her BHS in a year...all without privates. But she did come from a gymnastics background so that may make some difference. I think it all depends on the kid and their talent level. Some kids are natural tumblers others are not.

allow hitch kick singles in level 4! putting a hitch in is such a minor skill, & they look a lot prettier when done right

Back