All-Star Usasf Changes Program Definitions/classifications

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sometimes when one leaves, others follow. It can have a domino effect.
Definitely true. Sometimes athletes from a small gym do not consider changing gyms especially when a commute is involved, but are willing to explore their options once they see it is possible to make the transition.

I think she is asking how solid is your program if losing one athlete is going to hurt your team? One athlete shouldn't make or break a team or gym.
That's what I thought, and I never said it would of! We would of been fine without him. BUT my point was....that a big name gym has that luxury of getting a larger pool of talented athletes to make a team just because of who they r and small gyms don't.

Has anyone else seen this?

This doesn't surprise me at all now that XS is a division with the restrictions it has. It was going to be far too difficult to enforce with the old rule about taxes.
Though I 100% support this, I wonder why they waited until this season to make the change with D2 summit being a thing.

Regardless of large or small, I honestly think the name you get by being a part of a franchise does give you a definite advantage.

Because Varsity and The USASF are different groups, Varsity changed their rules pertaining to the D2 Summit last year, Usasf was a year behind. This is what allowed large gyms smaller locations to compete at competitions like Cheersport and NCA. This closes that loophole.

I think D1 can cross to 3 teams, but could be wrong.
I think they can per the USASF rules but the on the Summit faq page it says they can only compete on 2 teams and they can only cross up 1 level or down 1 level.....I think this new rule for the D2 summit is to try and get it more inline with the D1 one

Back