All-Star Usasf- Crossovers Survey Sent Out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

25% means you could have 5 kids on a small team, and 7 crossovers on a large.

So those limits are too restricting?
Those are around my percentages at my gym for the past 3 years! But I know of some gyms that are starting out in their first years that have 36 people in there gym and they have to have more crossover %. I am just trying to see those that need this stay in business! B/c we all want the industry to keep getting bigger!

Those are around my percentages at my gym for the past 3 years! But I know of some gyms that are starting out in their first years that have 36 people in there gym and they have to have more crossover %. I am just trying to see those that need this stay in business! B/c we all want the industry to keep getting bigger!

So for you those percentages are fine. Does anyone on here come from a gym with higher percentages than that that can give a counter point and actual numbers?

I think small gyms should be able to crossover unlimited athletes. But once you reach the 75 + status, you should have a 20-25% (my opinion is 20%) limit. There's no need for a large gym to use more than that. And I bet if you got a true estimate from gyms, there are more crossovers at large gyms than small ones.

However, since the rule voted on didn't allow us to separate small gym/large gym on our votes, it needs to be capped at 20-25%. Small gyms will make due. If our judges could judge a team of 10-12 as fairly as they do a team of 20, we wouldn't have this issue. My team has 16 kids on it. No crossovers from our larger, more established location and we do just fine. :)

I like that rule as well. Small gym status, unlimited crossovers. Problem solved.

I feel like limiting the number of teams a child can perfom on doesn't hurt anyone (gym, athlete ect). Percentage can hurt some of the smaller gyms that need to be able to have the option of crossing kids to be competitive. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely HATE crossovers. They are more trouble than they're worth. However, I've also been at gyms where they are a neccessary evil. For me, I much rather limit the athlete. It keeps a kid from competing on 3 (or more teams). Keeps them from getting burnt out, saves them from possible injury, and potentially increases their performance value to the teams.
This is all just my personal opinion. I completely respect those who will disagree with me. Like I said, I don't like crossovers, but I understand that some gyms need them to survive.

Not that I haven't gotten myself in enough trouble in an earlier thread
wink.png
, but I can't agree more with limiting crossovers. Since what I really wanted was to limit the number of levels an athlete can cross down to, at least if the athlete can only compete on 2 teams it will increase the chance that they will only compete on 2 level 5 teams or 1 level 5 team and 1 level 4 team, etc. I have much less of an issue seeing a small gym field a level 2 team and a level 3 team and the majority of each team having the same athletes on it than I do seeing a large gym field a level 2 team with "2 or 3" level 5 athletes on it...

We have probably 270 athletes between all three locations and we have 10 crossovers that I can think of.

we would be fine with that- 25%- is the rule 25% of the program or 25% of a certain team
25% on each team. seems to offer the flexibility to fill in injuries or holes with crossovers without being able to build a team off them (i think most peoples problem with crossovers)

25% on each team. seems to offer the flexibility to fill in injuries or holes with crossovers without being able to build a team off them (i think most peoples problem with crossovers)

My issue with crossovers isn't actually gyms that build teams off of them. I honestly could care less about that. My issue is the annoyance of conflicting warmup and competing times. That drives me crazy.
You want to build a team of crossovers...go for it. Just makes beating you feel that much better
wink.png

Are most crossovers in Level 5, or are they pretty consistant across all Levels as a percentage, which I would guess would be around 25%?

My issue with crossovers isn't actually gyms that build teams off of them. I honestly could care less about that. My issue is the annoyance of conflicting warmup and competing times. That drives me crazy.
You want to build a team of crossovers...go for it. Just makes beating you feel that much better ;)

It is most definitely MY issue. Filling in the last couple of kids on a team or using another athlete for injuries/illnesses is totally cool. Taking 10 of your level 3/4 athletes and putting them on your level 2 team just to make them stronger, NOT cool. Putting 9 of your youth 3 kids on your senior team so you can toss them around like rag dolls equals NOT cool.

You want to build a team of crossovers...go for it. Just makes beating you feel that much better ;)

We actually take pride in the fact that we have never switched a comp. time or warmup time- since we are the ones that have crossovers we feel it is our responsible to deal with them- we sometimes warmup 3 teams during a designated warmup time- we don't need added time, etc. That way the comp. can stay on time, etc.

Back