All-Star Usasf- Crossovers Survey Sent Out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is why our whole industry is a bit silly. At this point I just want one standardized way of doing things, whatever it is. (would I dare say this kind of lack of structure and sillyness is why Jamfest is considering leaving the USASF?)

So, the only reason we aren't crossover city and making all our teams small and large is NCA. NCA has the strictest rules. Make one set of rules that is the same everywhere and we can start bringing twice the amount of teams. At this point I am over discussing the benefits of limiting. We have bigger issues to fix. Standardized rule, we will be in every level.

Some consider it the most prestigious. I believe it's more about the longevity and concentration of talent than about crossovers. Why don't you boycott NCA because they allow 5 per team?

Competing at NCA is one of the reasons we get a lot of business. Lots of kids in the area know and respect that winning NCA is the most prestigious (outside of Worlds for Level 5 and that is debatable) and if they want a shot at going and winning a jacket they tend to come to us (if they arent a boy). I am saying make the rule universal. Then we can crossover like crazy cause we will have no more restrictions. It isnt hard for us to take the same NCA winning large youth 2 routine and just trim it down for small and compete twice.

Why even have discussions about issues for that matter?

CEACoach's comment was to poke fun at the crossover police. My comment was to point out why would we want to police one thing and not another?

This year, at my small gym, we have one girl who crosses over. I made a big mistake on the structuring of the teams (my mistake). Its costing us. Next year, I HAVE to use cross overs. I hate using them, but it is honestly the only way I can build teams with cheerleaders on teams at appropriate levels without losing those who have developed their skills but don't fit age wise.

This year, at my small gym, we have one girl who crosses over. I made a big mistake on the structuring of the teams (my mistake). Its costing us. Next year, I HAVE to use cross overs. I hate using them, but it is honestly the only way I can build teams with cheerleaders on teams at appropriate levels without losing those who have developed their skills but don't fit age wise.

Small gyms should be exempt from crossover rules. That makes it easier for you and more of a level playing ground for you at comps.

thank you, but I still really dislike using them!!!

i do as well. honestly, if the rule is universal and all crossover restrictions go away what are you feelings on large mega gyms using them to double their competitive teams?

i do as well. honestly, if the rule is universal and all crossover restrictions go away what are you feelings on large mega gyms using them to double their competitive teams?
My feelings on this are mixed. On one hand, hello, there are no restrictions so of course, use for their own benefit and REALLY dominate. On the other hand, do they really need to do that?? I would have to know the motivation I guess. The gyms are in business to make money (well, mine isn't, but sometimes I wish I had chosen another route - I digress, sorry). Anyway, they are there to make money. If you have successful teams (and if they are so many of them), you are going to draw more participants into your gym, which brings in more money, and round and round the cycle goes.
What I really see happening, particularly in my home state of Maryland is that the small gyms are being pushed out by the more successful gyms, (which happen to be big) because parents (and kids) want to be with a winner. There is NO time to build a successful program - you have got to hit the ground running and get some first places under your belt or you won't last long here. So having typed this out and really thinking it through, my answer would be no crossovers for large gyms. That would level the playing field even more. That is a really interesting thought....

We would not have a level 4 without crossovers, !

That IMO is why we need to limit crossovers. When a majority of the team is girls from a higher level who are crossing over, thats not a true level 4 team. Teams shouldn't rely on crossovers just to compete.

This is why our whole industry is a bit silly. At this point I just want one standardized way of doing things, whatever it is. (would I dare say this kind of lack of structure and sillyness is why Jamfest is considering leaving the USASF?)

So, the only reason we aren't crossover city and making all our teams small and large is NCA. NCA has the strictest rules. Make one set of rules that is the same everywhere and we can start bringing twice the amount of teams. At this point I am over discussing the benefits of limiting. We have bigger issues to fix. Standardized rule, we will be in every level.

Thank you for saying this. It was the point that I was trying to make in the thread about cheer being a sport. The industry is nowhere near organized like it should be. Things become confusing too much and are not clear cut. STANDARDIZE THINGS!

We currently have 59 kids, so we're a small gym

We've never started the season with Crossovers but sometimes end up with 2 to 4 gym wide by the end of the season for various reasons (sick, injured, quit, suspended, etc) We're at 2 right now and we pulled kids up from our Youth 1 to fill in vacancies on our Jr 2

I personally don't have a problem with crossovers. If a gym needs to use 10 crossovers in order to do well then they probably shouldn't be competing in that division anyways. However, I see no problem with a couple here and there. On my youth 3 this year we had to have crossovers (we only had 2-3) because those girls helped us with our stunts. I like the idea of having a percentage.

There is a need for cross overs! Thats why USASF allows it! :)

The rules, while posted by the USASF, are evaluated for changes by the proposals submitted by coaches and supported by other coaches, and then voted on by eligible voters. The USASF only steps in to change rules when there is safety at risk.

The rules, while posted by the USASF, are evaluated for changes by the proposals submitted by coaches and supported by other coaches, and then voted on by eligible voters. The USASF only steps in to change rules when there is safety at risk.
Yes I know

Back