All-Star Usasf- Crossovers Survey Sent Out

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are most crossovers in Level 5, or are they pretty consistant across all Levels as a percentage, which I would guess would be around 25%?

So a standard of 25% for everyone would be just writing it out and not be a big deal?

We actually take pride in the fact that we have never switched a comp. time or warmup time- since we are the ones that have crossovers we feel it is our responsible to deal with them- we sometimes warmup 3 teams during a designated warmup time- we don't need added time, etc. That way the comp. can stay on time, etc.

Oh I agree with you....my annoyance is when I have to warmup more than just one team because of conflicts. I hate it when it happens.

Why is there a problem with putting younger kids on senior level 1-4 b/c it sure does say 18 and younger on the age grid. Again downing the people who make the rules.

So a standard of 25% for everyone would be just writing it out and not be a big deal?

I don't know. The alternative is not to limit them at all. Go for it, sort of like Richard Petty putting a wing on his Dodge and putting a 2000 horsepower V12 in his car while hitting 320 mph down the back stretch at Daytona. It would be great to see but he would probably end up in the crowd with his car.

Why is there a problem with putting younger kids on senior level 1-4 b/c it sure does say 18 and younger on the age grid. Again downing the people who make the rules.

If the only team you can create is a senior 3 team and you have to put a bunch of youth aged kids on there, then that's one thing. But to have a youth 3 team and cross half that team over to a junior or senior team because you want 50 pound flyers is not cool. Is it legal, yes. But it shouldn't be, IMO.

If the only team you can create is a senior 3 team and you have to put a bunch of youth aged kids on there, then that's one thing. But to have a youth 3 team and cross half that team over to a junior or senior team because you want 50 pound flyers is not cool. Is it legal, yes. But it shouldn't be, IMO.
Ok b/c I have a senior 3 team that have 4 10 and 11 year olds on it b/c they have what it takes but I only have a youth1 and junior 2 so they are on it! If I had a youth 3 team I sure wouldn't put them on the senior level team! So we are on the same page. Thanks for explaining!

I TOTALLY understand in situations where a gym only had 1 level 2, 3 or 4 team and it's a junior or senior team. In that case, you put all athletes that fall into that level on that same team regardless of age. But to cross half of your youth 3 team to junior 3 or senior 3 just to make the stunting easier, it's wrong in so many ways. lol I saw it happening all weekend long at the competition I went to and it was sickening. But their stunts were SICK because they could toss those little girls like they were paper dolls!

I TOTALLY understand in situations where a gym only had 1 level 2, 3 or 4 team and it's a junior or senior team. In that case, you put all athletes that fall into that level on that same team regardless of age. But to cross half of your youth 3 team to junior 3 or senior 3 just to make the stunting easier, it's wrong in so many ways. lol I saw it happening all weekend long at the competition I went to and it was sickening. But their stunts were SICK because they could toss those little girls like they were paper dolls!

Agreed. So does this go back to allowing unlimited crossovers to small gyms?

Yep. I do believe small gyms should have their own rules to a degree. They are obviously in a much different situation than a large gym. Crossovers should be unlimited to small gyms. Senior teams should have no bottom age for small gyms. Large gyms need to man up and learn how to create teams with what they have. :)

I've seen a gym this season with a Senior 4 and a Senior 4.2 comprised of EXACTLY the same kids.... same flyers, same boys, etc.... I think that out of 36 kids, there may be 10 who aren't on the regular Senior 4... then they act surprised when they win. Like, really?

25% means you could have 5 kids on a small team, and 7 crossovers on a large.

So those limits are too restricting?

I don't think you should really need anymore than four crossovers on a small team. Our gym is small but we manage to keep to four or fewer crossovers on each team to field five teams with over half of the team having maximum tumble for their level.

I don't think you should really need anymore than four crossovers on a small team. Our gym is small but we manage to keep to four or fewer crossovers on each team to field five teams with over half of the team having maximum tumble for their level.

exactly, 25% seems to big IMO

exactly, 25% seems to big IMO

I agree, but 25% is a start. And at this moment I think it is 25% or no limit. So maybe that is the question. Do we wait 2 more years before we put on a limit, or go with this one and change it in 2 years?

The thing that scares me about the whole 25% thing is now we're asking people to do math
tongue.png

NJ Coach said:
The thing that scares me about the whole 25% thing is now we're asking people to do math :p

Not 25 percent off who is on the floor. Just 25 percent of division size. 7 for large 5 small

Back