All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can only speak to my experience. When my daughter was out and forced to rehab, cross train, she came back stronger and in better condition than she was before she went out. Her Dr's, Surgeons, and Physical Therapist are shocked that we do not have an off season and we do not cross train. Cross Training does not allow for "muscle deteration", it strengthens the mussels that do not get worked from single use movement. Making for balanced strength. Now if you sit on the couch during this break eating ring dings and drinking sweet tea that is a different story.

In fact her orthopedic that worked her Stress Fracture, is also a Dr for the Philadelphia Eagles and uses words like, negligent, and insane when he speaks to the issue of the amount of repetitive motions on a youth body, mussel fatigue and limited recovery after work out, and the lack of down time and off season in cheerleading. Did he treat the injury aggressively as an athlete, yes, but he also put her in a hard cast when he could have gone with the boot, knowing that there would be a chance she would take the boot off to cheer. He also had her in aggressive rehab that addressed the issues on both feet. He refused to allow her to wear a brace once she was cleared to return, as he wanted her to build her mussels up.

I lol'd...are you posting from your phone?

I actually agree about the cross training thing

My daughter injured her ankle back in December and still wears her brace... she will not practice or compete without it even though her ankle is healed... it has become her comfort zone and says she feels weird without it... im going to try and get her off it after this season but it just makes her feel comfortable... most braces on stage are from previous injuries...

Just wondering, are the rules really being decided on tomorrow? I'm seeing the stars girls post say no to USASF, and even though I don't agree, I didn't know that they were being decided on so soon. I know of a lot of movements going on past tomorrow, so I was thinking after worlds time it would be decided.

Just wondering, are the rules really being decided on tomorrow? I'm seeing the stars girls post say no to USASF, and even though I don't agree, I didn't know that they were being decided on so soon. I know of a lot of movements going on past tomorrow, so I was thinking after worlds time it would be decided.

At first Les said something about being no later then Monday but then it was in a few days so I wouldn't be surprised if it was decided tomorrow.

At first Les said something about being no later then Monday but then it was in a few days so I wouldn't be surprised if it was decided tomorrow.

Who is deciding? The committee they sent it to that coaches have been trying to persuade or the original panel? I'm just confused now. Seeing the ASGA and stuff.

Who is deciding? The committee they sent it to that coaches have been trying to persuade or the original panel? I'm just confused now. Seeing the ASGA and stuff.

The NACCC and the rules committee came up with propsals (I assumed using the new rules that were released) and are meeting with the Board of Directors (who made the new rules) to see if they will agree to them.
The ASGA stuff to me is trying to get coaches and gym owners together so that this type of thing doesn't happen again.

The NACCC and the rules committee came up with propsals (I assumed using the new rules that were released) and are meeting with the Board of Directors (who made the new rules) to see if they will agree to them.
The ASGA stuff to me is trying to get coaches and gym owners together so that this type of thing doesn't happen again.

Thank you! I'm just nervous for what may happen if nothing changes tomorrow. It might make finding out the rules look like nothing.

What are these new proposals? Once again, even though it's probably a step in the right direction, there is not much transparency. Who got to see these proposals? What do they say? What is being "voted" on? I'm glad Les stepped in, as I believe he is one that for sure should have been involved from the get go...but what exactly are the proposals being discussed today? Anyone know?

What are these new proposals? Once again, even though it's probably a step in the right direction, there is not much transparency. Who got to see these proposals? What do they say? What is being "voted" on? I'm glad Les stepped in, as I believe he is one that for sure should have been involved from the get go...but what exactly are the proposals being discussed today? Anyone know?

The things that have been mentioned to me are adding back standing fulls (not doubles) and allowing non-twisting bounding skills before and after doubles, so you could whip double whip double, but not double double.

I'm sure those are a couple of the items...just figured a lesson might have been learned from the first go at it and there would be a little more information given out rather than more secrecy. Again, I believe it is at least a step in the right direction....but we still don't know what they are discussing on all the matters. That's all!

Back