All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Where did she post this blanket statement you are refering to? I have not seen anything on the web site or have I herd her mak any mention of it.

The place she holds on the board is not a conflict as you think. The coaches are there for balance to try and keep this from happening.
i think what people are referring to are the messages on twitter from world cup after the rules were changed

i think what people are referring to are the messages on twitter from world cup after the rules were changed

Exactly. They have since been removed but there are screen caps of it somewhere within this thread. I was told the twitter is not an offical twitter, but if you read it then you can tell it is clearly used by someone within the gym. Not sure why it was removed, but it was at one time there and I highly doubt someone from the gym would post it without it being the case.

The one thing I am happy about is the banning of rhinestones on the eyelids. They are dangerous since most kids have a hard time seeing up with them. They have to lift their chin and look back since their eyelids can't go up.
I saw several teams with them on this past weekend at an event and you cannot see them on stage from even around 50 feet back (most judges are farther back than that) so I don't understand why teams do wear them. I did, however, think the girls looked cute up close.

You bring up another huge point. Cheerleading does not have a off season. there is zero down time for the young body to recover from the season.
Maybe the sport should consider an off-season, but why would they do that since it would cause Varsity and the EP to lose money.

tutuition = rent simple as that!

Understand the tuition issue, but maybe the gyms should consider scheduling competitions that allow the athletes to have time to strengthen and condition. Why not spend the summer conditioning and not allow kids to miss these practices, other sports do it.

Understand the tuition issue, but maybe the gyms should consider scheduling competitions that allow the athletes to have time to strengthen and condition. Why not spend the summer conditioning and not allow kids to miss these practices, other sports do it.
I totally agree with you!!
At our former small gym parents would skip tryouts and just show up in september.... they knew thst the gym would find thier kid a spot and they get to have the summer off, not pay tuition, and possibly avoid choreo and music fees...
I know this doesn't go on with the big player level 5 teams but it sure does happen!

At our former small gym parents would skip tryouts and just show up in september.... they knew thst the gym would find thier kid a spot and they get to have the summer off, not pay tuition, and possibly avoid choreo and music fees...
I know this doesn't go on with the big player level 5 teams but it sure does happen!

:eek:

I think I speak for all of the parents here when I say "Oh Heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll no"

Maybe the sport should consider an off-season, but why would they do that since it would cause Varsity and the EP to lose money.

I don’t think Varsity, the EP’s or the USASF would have an issue. They would loose nothing from what I can see but why should it be about them. It is about our chlidern.

The local gym would loose much more than Varsity or the EP. Teams are still going to go to the events held by the EP. Varsity is still going to get the uniform money and camp fees etc. USASF is still going to get there part. The gyms, owners, and coaches would not unless they were able to offer a program not cheer related. Gyms would be forced to have a cross training program in place to have an income during the off season.

Think of a teacher, they may be off for the summer, and most do not get paid.

I would think the health of the young athletes would be better by having an off season. The body young or old would have time to heal, recover and grow stronger. Repetitive skills will kill young joints. Little League has a pitch count for a reason. In gymnastics an athlete may spend 1 hr on one skill at a time, and will only throw or execute the skill once or twice in that hour. The rest of the time is spent on core exercise needed, and form need to execute the skill with, grace, beauty, perfection and safely.

In most gymnastic facilities I have been to have a certified physical trainer on the staff that will track and progress each athlete.

I see this happen all the time and it drives me nuts!

:eek:

I think I speak for all of the parents here when I say "Oh Heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllll no"

I am a parent and you do not speak for me. I am in favor of and support an off season and have been for the past 5 years. As it stands now most gyms have tryouts in May, the week or two after worlds and the season rolls into next. If cheer is ever to evolve into a sport there needs to be an off season. Gyms will need to adapt in order to keep business and the doors open. There is nothing wrong with them making practice still mandatory, but there should not be any cheer related activities being done. Only strength and conditioning, flexibility and core work.

This off season should be when the coaches are working on there coaching credentials and skills. jmo

I am a parent and you do not speak for me. I am in favor of and support an off season and have been for the past 5 years. As it stands now most gyms have tryouts in May, the week or two after worlds and the season rolls into next. If cheer is ever to evolve into a sport there needs to be an off season. Gyms will need to adapt in order to keep business and the doors open. There is nothing wrong with them making practice still mandatory, but there should not be any cheer related activities being done. Only strength and conditioning, flexibility and core work.

This off season should be when the coaches are working on there coaching credentials and skills. jmo

If you would read the context of the OP you would see that I was not referring to taking time off for a down season.

At our former small gym parents would skip tryouts and just show up in september.... they knew thst the gym would find thier kid a spot and they get to have the summer off, not pay tuition, and possibly avoid choreo and music fees..[/QUOTE]

What I DO have an issue with is someone waltzing in in September, explicitly to avoid "ruining their summer" and not having paid fees all summer long like the rest of us. Then being put on a team that has already gone through the stress of choreo, weekend long camps, and the like. That is an issue. There are plenty of half-year teams out there that one can join if they aren't able to make the committment and pay the money

Back