All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I disagree because they said that what was done was the only solution to this problem. That is just not the case at all, instead it is a bandaid while they wait and decide when they are going to finally fix the real problem. Fixing a problem they have had a lot of time to start fixing yet haven't.
Whoever wrote it is entitled to their opinion, but I do not think that what was done had to be done and was the only solution.

I disagree because they said that what was done was the only solution to this problem. That is just not the case at all, instead it is a bandaid while they wait and decide when they are going to finally fix the real problem. Fixing a problem they have had a lot of time to start fixing yet haven't.
Whoever wrote it is entitled to their opinion, but I do not think that what was done had to be done and was the only solution.
Agreed. But I am a fan of their explanation of cheer to banks loaning money, it's a creative way to explain things and I'm a sucker for those:)

MissBee I am asking because I am confused and know you are an expert in both gymnastics and cheer; Are the long hours and strenuous conditioning that gymnast put themselves through more beneficial or harmful? My daughter was having serious leg pains, neck issues, etc. When I went to the doctor the first thing he told me was take her out of competitive gymnastics. He said it is too tough on growing bodies. He was comfortable with me keeping her in competitive all star cheer. What are your thoughts. I ask because in this thread many have made comments that portray gymnast and gymnastics as being safe and ideal. Is 20 hours a week really good for young bodies? Does this kind of training improve safety?

P.S. I do like that the gymnastics coaches are certified for the specific skills that they teach.

If you don't mind I may say something to this.
Gymnastics is in no way any safer than cheerleading, that's for sure, but it seems that as a whole, gymnastics coaches are more equipped to deal with the constant strain the sport is putting on a body. There are gymnastics gyms that push young bodies too hard, in some cases avoiding regular puberty all together, and there are some that allow puberty to run it's course, and deal with the consequences (generally if a gymnast goes through puberty and tries to do the same skills, they won't be able to, as they've learned to control a much smaller and different body). The long hours put in are beneficial if the child has a true passion for the sport. If the child wants to follow gymnastics through to it's highest level, the long, painstaking hours are necessary, however many people put their children in competitive gymnastics who are only wanting a recreational activity for them until they are tweens/teens, in which case it's rather harmful (although there is still quite a lot of time afterwards to rehabilitate the body)

hours, and that cheer would allow me to be more social than I was able to be in middle school and high school.
I think that most Drs are very quick to say "gymnastics is hard on your body", because it is! Cheer is still pretty "new", so many Drs aren't familiar with how demanding it is. They all think of high school or rec cheer when you say All Star. That's probably what happened with your Dr.

I am going to add that my daughter had a little girl on her team who was the child of an orthopedic surgeon. We ran into them at Baskin Robbins after our showcase, and he told me that he was pulling her after this season because he thinks that the technique taught in cheerleading is sloppy and unsafe. He was generalizing, but it wouldn't suprise me if he had maybe read an article or two in some sort of ortho publication, or had seen a presentation at a conference.

I'm confused because people are prematurely rejoicing over the word "review" and mixing it up with "revoke." There is a possibility that theyll revisit their original decision just to appease everyone and end up not changing a single thing.

If they do, however, revoke what seems like decisions that have been in the making for a long time, I'm not sure how I'll feel about that either. On the one hand thousands of coaches and athletes will rejoice, but on the other, it will make the Usasf look like a bunch of wusses when theyre supposed to be our fearless leader!

Regardless of how I feel about this, the Usasf has put a lot of thought into these decisions and for them to back down this easily would send an awful message. I'm all for democracy and having a voice, but I also want leaders who have the best interests of their people in mind and stand by what they think is right.

I honestly don't know what is right because I see it from both sides....ahhhhh!

They have not changed back they are being reviewed by the rules committee. They could remain the same or change, it depends on their review of them.
With this many people complaining about these rules iT has to change so MANY people are quiting cause of them!!!! NO PEOPLE NO MONEY!! Idk I guess we have to wait intill monday

With this many people complaining about these rules iT has to change so MANY people are quiting cause of them!!!! NO PEOPLE NO MONEY!! Idk I guess we have to wait intill monday

They don't have to change their minds if they don't want to. Do I think some of the rules will change? Yes but I don't think they are going to do away with all of what they posted yesterday. Even if people quit there are still a lot of cheerleaders for money to be made from.

I don't know how I missed this the first time I read through these Image Ettiquette Don'ts (might have been the red rage in my eyes after reading the 'Theatrical Movements' comments) but did this one make anyone else laugh til they choked?

Don't use social media to brag, belittle or ridicule any person, team or program.

Now they want to try to control Twitter and the boards too. How about they start by adhering to their own rules for democratic process. :p

I don't know how I missed this the first time I read through these Image Ettiquette Don'ts (might have been the red rage in my eyes after reading the 'Theatrical Movements' comments) but did this one make anyone else laugh til they choked?

Don't use social media to brag, belittle or ridicule any person, team or program.

Now they want to try to control Twitter and the boards too. How about they start by adhering to their own rules for democratic process. :p
I want you to know that my team is better than all yall and we will win worlds because everyone else sucks! :wasntme:

Back