All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you really want them to say this??? Sort of "Hey, boys, if you're gay, sassy or fierce, cut it out...no one wants to see that. And girls, if you're fat, fluffy, or plus size...cover it up. No one wants to see that either."

I think the boys being too theatrical was offensive enough all by itself. But I guess if they were gonna go that route, they may as well have called out the fluffy girls as well. :oops:
What I'm trying to figure out is WHAT, exactly, are 'too theatrical' movements? At least with the inappropriateness in music/choreo (which either everyone isn't too upset about because nobody's mentioned it but me, or everyone's too upset about other stuff to care- which might have been their plan all along!! Those FIENDS!!), they go into some semblance of detail about what isn't ok (hip thrusting, excessive wiggling of the bits, suggestive..thigh slapping or something)..can someone explain what movements or motions for men they find 'too theatrical?' Preferably with examples for me to look up? (I mean real cheer routines, not just 'go watch a vogue video'. Because it has to be happening in a routine for them to care this much)..

I guess I'm one of the few who think that something really does need to be done in this sport about tumbling execution and the amount of injuries. WAY too many injuries are occuring because of bad coaching, bad technique, etc., and maybe USASF is not taking the RIGHT steps to change that, but it seems that they are interested in changing that, which is good.
Like has been stated, technique and execution need to be bigger parts of the score sheet, that's at least one step towards it.

My main concern or the thing I cant' seem to wrap my head around is how this just... happened. Like, "hey guys there's about a month left before Worlds 2012, are you excited? ... oh and here's a list of all the new stuff you can't do next year."
It's been said earlier in the thread but it just seems sooo sketchy.

The one thing I am happy about is the banning of rhinestones on the eyelids. They are dangerous since most kids have a hard time seeing up with them. They have to lift their chin and look back since their eyelids can't go up.

My main concern or the thing I cant' seem to wrap my head around is how this just... happened. Like, "hey guys there's about a month left before Worlds 2012, are you excited? ... oh and here's a list of all the new stuff you can't do next year."
It's been said earlier in the thread but it just seems sooo sketchy.
Exactly...I think what everyone should be questioning is where was the transparency in the process?????

The research clearly shows that an exaggerated or theatrical move by a male (not a female) is a danger to the CROWD. The crowd gets callouses on their hands from applauding too much when this happens. Luckily with the new rules we won't even see a double/double, whip double, etc., and this will also eliminate excitement and hand clapping, and in turn will reduce the number of callouses on the hands of the audience. BTW--I've applied to be the crop top police, so I'm getting out my measuring stick and making sure no girl has more than 10 inches of body showing, so if you have a tall cp, watch out because I'm after you!

They just made stunts worth everything for the big teams. The top contenders in every single division are going to easily max out the tumbling, which leaves stunting to be the difference maker.

That is why I can't understand why WCSS coaches would be for this rule? This is not meant to offend anyone, because both teams are obviously amazing... But WCSS out tumbles Senior Elite, and Senior Elite out stunts WCSS. Well now that WCSS lost that advantage over Senior Elite and it'll come down to stunts... It just makes no sense to me, you think Courtney would be the one wanting this. Well I mean she would if she was on a selfish agenda which she obviously isn't. She loves the sport more than anyone I know, and she is my idol.

The research clearly shows that an exaggerated or theatrical move by a male (not a female) is a danger to the CROWD. The crowd gets callouses on their hands from applauding too much when this happens. Luckily with the new rules we won't even see a double/double, whip double, etc., and this will also eliminate excitement and hand clapping, and in turn will reduce the number of callouses on the hands of the audience. BTW--I've applied to be the crop top police, so I'm getting out my measuring stick and making sure no girl has more than 10 inches of body showing, so if you have a tall cp, watch out because I'm after you!
haha, dead! It's all for the crowds safety

Honestly, does the USASF want to get sued? I would honestly LOVE IT if they were sued out of business. With this anti-homophobia and equal rights movement in full swing they are just asking for it. Who has a good lawyer?

Did you really want them to say this??? Sort of "Hey, boys, if you're gay, sassy or fierce, cut it out...no one wants to see that. And girls, if you're fat, fluffy, or plus size...cover it up. No one wants to see that either."

I think the boys being too theatrical was offensive enough all by itself. But I guess if they were gonna go that route, they may as well have called out the fluffy girls as well. :oops:

IMHO, thats just like discrimination. I personally love watching the boys on stage, and I don't care if they are "theatrical" that makes the routines more fun to watch. The USASF are a bunch of dictators, and bullies!

Back