All-Star Usasf/naccc Results Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

agreed. i'm all for the tumbling restrictions for SO5 but not for baskets.
Isn't the tumbling restriction the same as the basket restriction? You can hitch kick full in 4 but not hitch kick double in O5. You can front through, whip through to layout in 4 but not front or whip through to full in O5. I don't understand when the whole thing is progression. I think skills voted on should be broken down more specifically when voted on. But whatever.

My understanding is that once you compete with a gym at a USASF sanctioned event (after August 31), then that gym becomes your "primary" gym for the balance of the competition season.
Thank you, I still don't agree but now I know.

My understanding is that once you compete with a gym at a USASF sanctioned event (after August 31), then that gym becomes your "primary" gym for the balance of the competition season.

I knew that to be the case for THIS season with worlds teams, but I guess I assumed that making an actual rule that gives our "season" specific dates would force athletes to be bound by those dates to their gym. What's the point in having a specific start and end date to a season if an athlete can still leave up until they compete for the first time? That confuses me a little. Can you clarify??

The "season" dates really have nothing to do with when you can/can't tryout or compete. Gyms can start/stop their personal season whenever they want. It basically just sets the "fiscal" year so to speak for the USASF paperwork regarding seasons. (Example: When are the 2011-2012 Rules officially in effect? )

The "season" dates really have nothing to do with when you can/can't tryout or compete. Gyms can start/stop their personal season whenever they want. It basically just sets the "fiscal" year so to speak for the USASF paperwork regarding seasons. (Example: When are the 2011-2012 Rules officially in effect? )

Gotcha. Thanks!!

I think it's important for people in this sport to realize that they can't just up and leave every time they don't get their way about something. And that happens quite often. I like the rule personally. I am so sick and tired of people coming to tryouts, preventing someone else from making a team, then quitting right before or during competition season. August 31st gives them enough time to figure out what they want to do without making the team suffer for their choices.
I hear you I really do, and this may just be my area but SEVERAL gyms around here at tryouts post "x team at y level" but when comp season rolls around they compete at a different level, this limits freedom of choice if that kid/family doesn't agree. Again I agree that this would force parents and kids to do more research before tryouts. I see both sides I guess, I just don't like FORCING a decision.

I hear you I really do, and this may just be my area but SEVERAL gyms around here at tryouts post "x team at y level" but when comp season rolls around they compete at a different level, this limits freedom of choice if that kid/family doesn't agree. Again I agree that this would force parents and kids to do more research before tryouts. I see both sides I guess, I just don't like FORCING a decision.

I think youll find the gyms that are less shady will HIGHLY enjoy this. If you run a good business, gym, and teams this type of stability will allow you to grow your gym. The ability to leave in the middle of the night allows people to make emotional decisions.

I think youll find the gyms that are less shady will HIGHLY enjoy this. If you run a good business, gym, and teams this type of stability will allow you to grow your gym. The ability to leave in the middle of the night allows people to make emotional decisions.
Shady I'm NOT, not that I was accused of being shady but just want to clarify. I see ALL of the positives and I don't think this will hurt my gym (which is very stable). I guess I'm trying to say is restricting rules and regulations I'm all for but now this has nothing to do with "the floor" this has more to do with what happens off and I don't want to see too much of that. It's gonna pass so we will deal with it as everyone will.

As a mom, I totally see this. But as a mom, I also see that this rule will prevent people from, as Kingston said, "leaving in the night". We lost sooooo many people on my daughter's senior team her first year because they wanted to go to the "better gym", which I totally get. But they left in FEBRUARY! With no notice to the owner. We weren't thrilled with the way things were going either, but really? February? We stuck it out til the end of the season. I think this is mostly for people who have fits about things like "My baby isn't the MOST important thing ALL THE TIME??? We're outta here!!!" If it's because of a level issue, and they were told one thing, and competed at another, I would HOPE the owner/director would release them. If not, then they just have to decide--stick it out or wait til next season. Hopefully people will put a lot more into the decision of choosing a gym now.

Shady I'm NOT, not that I was accused of being shady but just want to clarify. I see ALL of the positives and I don't think this will hurt my gym (which is very stable). I guess I'm trying to say is restricting rules and regulations I'm all for but now this has nothing to do with "the floor" this has more to do with what happens off and I don't want to see too much of that. It's gonna pass so we will deal with it as everyone will.

Let me add I think it will help your gym (Why I stated all that, I am a fan of your gym). Really good stable businesses will flourish and shady businesses are going to suffer and have trouble existing for more than a year or two. Thats why I like it.

Maybe the new rules should include leveling for shadiness... I personally know some level 6 shadesters in this region...

Let me add I think it will help your gym (Why I stated all that, I am a fan of your gym). Really good stable businesses will flourish and shady businesses are going to suffer and have trouble existing for more than a year or two. Thats why I like it.
Haha, you better or no more shirts (JK)!! The more I read the more I see. I guess I'm just so used to gaining/losing kids and adjusting that I'm used to it as just "part of it". I'd def like to get used to not losing kids more than I like gaining kids (till season's end) so point taken.

I find a flaw in your logic. That is assuming all youth 3 kids come from mini. As well, the same thing can be said for all youth 5 kids who were minis last year. They have never done all the skills they are about to be asked to compete.

It is scarier to have Mini kids throw mini kids than it would be to teach youth 3 how to straight ride than twist in the same year.

I didn't say that ALL youth 3 kids would come from mini...just that, for the ones that DO, they would have to learn straight ride and twisting at the same time. It just seemed to me, as a parent of both and a base and flyer, I would rather them have a year to compete straight baskets before moving on to twisting. Just my opinion.

I think it's important for people in this sport to realize that they can't just up and leave every time they don't get their way about something. And that happens quite often. I like the rule personally. I am so sick and tired of people coming to tryouts, preventing someone else from making a team, then quitting right before or during competition season. August 31st gives them enough time to figure out what they want to do without making the team suffer for their choices.

Amen.

Correct to finding ways around it (as stated at the meeting). But how do we define a 'program'? I voted for it because now we have a way to classify what IS a program. Saying what is a program had almost as many loopholes and grey areas as our current rules. So I don't really see why any multi-location gym would have a problem with this if they found a way around it and no one has a problem with it.

I voted against the EIN for this reason: I think that there is a better way

We have to register all of our athletes with the USASF anyways next season, so why not define a "program" within that registration system. Then it is set for the year, if you're large you're large if you're small you're small, if you include all of your locations then they are all included if you want them separate then register it separately either way you're set for the season.
(unless of course you're a border line small gym and your numbers fluctuate)

EIN's can change whenever the lawyers and the owners decide to change things, or you could have the parent company over the smaller companies and pick and choose which EIN to go with.

Back