All-Star Usasf/naccc Results Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TrannyCats said:
well how many team can you be on? as many as you want or just 3 or 2?
They're probably not going to release that rule by itself. You'll have to wait for the big announcement with the rest of us.

"I will be more than happy to give you an update on the rules. The rules committee has had three conference calls on the rules and one scheduled for tomorrow morning. Each call is cut off at three hours and we still aren't done. There has also been a joint call lasting roughly three hours with members from the NACCC and the rules committee. To say the least, we take what we do very seriously and try to consider all results that our actions could create. A few topics that could not be worked out between the two groups are now going to be discussed by the Board of the USASF next Tuesday.​
Our (the USASF Rules Committee) goal is to have the rules out by March 1st. However, with so many important topics, I don't think that goal will be reached - but we WILL try. If we don't make the March 1st goal, we will get them out as soon as possible after that. I hope this helps to limit the rumors and worries for some of you."​

Executive Director USASF Rules​

"The Rules & The Age Grids for the 2011-2013 seasons have not yet been finalized. They will be posted before the end of March."
www.USASF.net
According to these two posts by USASF, I'm not holding my breath...:(

So the waiver would only be required after a competition? There are competitions in our area in August. June to August is 2 months. So many ways to manipulate the rule. This rule is very one sided. Either have an appeals process or a set process that allows for an exit that benefits both sides. I completely agree no one should leave mid season leave but there are many legitimate reasons that are appropriate. This rule is making the assumption that all gym owners will act appropriately all the time. If you are going to hold athletes accountable for changing their minds, gym owners should be held accountable also.
If a child makes a level 4 team competes level 4 once and the owner coach decides to drop to level 3 then what? There should be a waiver for that too. Athletes aren't the only ones who change their minds mid season.
I'm sure there are a million and a half different 'loopholes' we could discuss, but I think there will be an opening for an appeals process on a case-by-case basis ESPECIALLY if athletes safety is at risk/laws are being broken. And I also thought that it wasn't just when your area starts competing, but when your gym starts competing. And I think you're anticipating a lot more chaos than most people will deal with. At most, you get halfway through the season and then you can't compete the second half. Anything else, I think will be dealt with case by case.

As was posted on U.S.A.S.F. Updates Thread today

As previous stated, the rules committee, the USASF Board and the NACCC have been working with a goal, not a deadline, of having the rules finalized by March 1. We are currently in the final stages of this process and they will be posted before the end of March. We have now spent over 30 hours on conference calls and meetings. Many different points of view have been heard and argued and we will do our best to find the best answer for everyone. I wish I could say that we have an ABSOLUTE date for the release of the rules and age grid but all I can say is we will release them as SOON as we have final answers.
Les Stella
Executive Director USASF Rules

The USASF will communicate the rules for the 2011-2013 in all of the places available to us.
The USASF Website
Email Blast to our member gyms
Facebook (which feeds our twitter)
And here on the FierceBoard

If you want to make sure you are amongst the first to know, we suggest that you take this time to update your gym profile with the correct contact information, sign up on our email list (click the link below) and become a fan on facebook.

The USASF will communicate the rules for the 2011-2013 in all of the places available to us.
The USASF Website
Email Blast to our member gyms
Facebook (which feeds our twitter)
And here on the FierceBoard

If you want to make sure you are amongst the first to know, we suggest that you take this time to update your gym profile with the correct contact information, sign up on our email list (click the link below) and become a fan on facebook.

Here's the link for the email list that has been mentioned in couple of places.

http://usasf.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=3a41ba14f5c699937fc4e0ac2&id=326735ed2c

Here's the link for the email list that has been mentioned in couple of places.

http://usasf.us1.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=3a41ba14f5c699937fc4e0ac2&id=326735ed2c

Thanks ACEDAD! The link is in our signature below
smile.png

Thanks ACEDAD! The link is in our signature below :)

There is an option on the board (which I use) to not show signatures since some seem to get bigger each time. So people like me can't see the link in your signature.

I turned off signatures for myself. They got annoying.

Where have I been? I didn't even know that was an option. I need to start paying better attention to my user options. lol

Back