All-Star Usasf Rules Gurus - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just a thought... do you think there should be a part on the waiver for gyms to give a reason for not releasing an athlete? I would think this would help the USASF if athletes contest a gym's decision to not release them.

There's not a way to contest it with the USASF. You have until November to make up your mind about a gym, after that you are no longer in control if you choose to switch gyms.

There's not a way to contest it with the USASF. You have until November to make up your mind about a gym, after that you are no longer in control if you choose to switch gyms.

Just to clarify, you are typically right - but there are certain instances where the USASF can force release someone like the ICC issue last year or Im sure other things that involve criminal charges.

Just a thought... do you think there should be a part on the waiver for gyms to give a reason for not releasing an athlete? I would think this would help the USASF if athletes contest a gym's decision to not release them.

I think making you stand by a decision for the season will promote stability. I also think they can get rid of how many alternates people are allowed to use for Worlds teams with this rule.

Just to clarify, you are typically right - but there are certain instances where the USASF can force release someone like the ICC issue last year or Im sure other things that involve criminal charges.

Thank you, I didn't know people were released in the ICC situation.

Ahhh the waiver... worst cheer experience of my kids career and the rule wasn't even in place until after she had already quit.

Sadly, I thought about not letting my CP take the floor with the Senior 5 team at the only competition that she went to. Things were getting dicey at that point & I really wish that I would've followed through on my gut instinct or listened to my husband and pulled her completely from the program back then at the first sign. If it doesn't work out, it will be a very hard lesson learned. Thankfully, at least she has a junior 5 option - we will make the best of the situation.

I didnt hear about this, what were the circumstances?

Thank you, I didn't know people were released in the ICC situation.
I dont know anything about this but how sad that it takes "criminal charges" for the usasf to say to a parent ok you can now take your minor kid to a another gym. This rule really needs to go!

Sadly, I thought about not letting my CP take the floor with the Senior 5 team at the only competition that she went to. Things were getting dicey at that point & I really wish that I would've followed through on my gut instinct or listened to my husband and pulled her completely from the program back then at the first sign. If it doesn't work out, it will be a very hard lesson learned. Thankfully, at least she has a junior 5 option - we will make the best of the situation.

I totally understand how you feel. Sometimes you know in your heart that you've stayed longer than you should have, but then there's that defining moment when you say, "No matter what the consequences, we just can't do this anymore." I truly hope the gym will sign the release and that things work out for your daughter. Even if she has to be on J5, you clearly have a good reason to have removed her from the previous gym, and you likely did the right thing. What I have never understood is why a gym wouldn't sign the waiver.

I dont know anything about this but how sad that it takes "criminal charges" for the usasf to say to a parent ok you can now take your minor kid to a another gym. This rule really needs to go!

They say once you compete with a team past November 1st you need that gym's permission to compete with another team at Worlds. You are free to take your minor kid to any gym you want at any time.

They say once you compete with a team past November 1st you need that gym's permission to compete with another team at Worlds. You are free to take your minor kid to any gym you want at any time.
not much comfort to the level 5 senior who can no longer to to worlds cause an ex gym owner has hurt feelings

not much comfort to the level 5 senior who can no longer to to worlds cause an ex gym owner has hurt feelings

True.

It's not "fair" to the 19-35 people on the team an athlete leaves after competing with them.

The rule is not perfect, but it's better than the shenanigans that were going on before and if I had to chose between it being unfair to the one choosing to leave a team or the 19-35 other that didn't make that choice I'd side with the majority.

True.

It's not "fair" to the 19-35 people on the team an athlete leaves after competing with them.

The rule is not perfect, but it's better than the shenanigans that were going on before and if I had to chose between it being unfair to the one choosing to leave a team or the 19-35 other that didn't make that choice I'd side with the majority.
why is it not fair to the 19-35 other people? Last I heard they can still go to Worlds?

why is it not fair to the 19-35 other people? Last I heard they can still go to Worlds?
I believe what Andre is saying is; when that one kid leaves the team they are leaving the 19-35 members high and dry, thus hurting the team.

I'm sure there are cases where a kid is being abused (mentally or physically) by the coach/team where the kid would disagree with the other viewpoint

Back