All-Star Usasf Rules Gurus - Please Read

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They have to rework things to replace the person the chose to leave them.

Cheerleading is not all about Worlds.
Things happen and teams move on. How many teams have had a blown knee or other injury right before Worlds? Have a kid throwing up from the flu right before they go on or whatever??? Sorry I dont believe in the argument that its not fair to the rest.

I have a question...I know someone going through this right now. The gym they are at is having many issues. For the most part, the team has disbanded. She went to practice last night and only 4 people showed up out of 27(?). She wants to go to another gym and they will not release her. What do you do in that situation? This isn't her fault and she really wants to go on a senior level 5 team with a shot at going to worlds.

I have a question...I know someone going through this right now. The gym they are at is having many issues. For the most part, the team has disbanded. She went to practice last night and only 4 people showed up out of 27(?). She wants to go to another gym and they will not release her. What do you do in that situation? This isn't her fault and she really wants to go on a senior level 5 team with a shot at going to worlds.
This is why this rule needs to go!!!!! And to answer your question you cant do antything in this situation your friend has no options.

Things happen and teams move on. How many teams have had a blown knee or other injury right before Worlds? Have a kid throwing up from the flu right before they go on or whatever??? Sorry I dont believe in the argument that its not fair to the rest.

Then we continue to disagree and I'm OK with that. There a difference between a decision to leave your team for another team and not being able to compete with your team.

If somebody joins a team, stays with that team until November, competes with that team, know they cannot go to Worlds with another team, then chooses to quit that team, they need to be prepared to handle the consequences of the decision to quit.

I believe you are completely missing the point but I will agree with you that life isn't fair. I agree with this rule BUT I do believe that if the USASF wants to implement the rule then they should ALSO allow an appeal process if a parent is doing this for the right reasons bc there are gyms out there that are just nasty BUT there are also parents/kids that are nasty. I think the rule with an option to appeal is the all-around right thing to do.

I think the rule with an option to appeal is the all-around right thing to do.

And how would you make this happen? How much time and cost would be involved?

Then we continue to disagree and I'm OK with that. There a difference between a decision to leave your team for another team and not being able to compete with your team.

If somebody joins a team, stays with that team until November, competes with that team, know they cannot go to Worlds with another team, then chooses to quit that team, they need to be prepared to handle the consequences of the decision to quit.
So on the extreme a parent learns her child's coach has been arrested for sexual assault of a minor and is out on bail and the owner of the gym continues to allow this coach employment I guess the parent and child need to "handle the consequence" yes i know this is a stretch but that fact that this could be the case and a parent has no options is ridiculous. If the usasf can not allow for a parent to contest this because they dont have the money and time to do so than they should get rid of the rule.

Last year I kept stats on over 200 competitions. Combined they had 15,827 teams compete. Only 1890 of them were L5, making less than 12% of them Worlds eligible.

It's not all about Worlds for most cheerleaders.
I would say most cheerleaders goal and ambition is to go to Worlds.

So on the extreme a parent learns her child's coach has been arrested for sexual assault of a minor and is out on bail and the owner of the gym continues to allow this coach employment I guess the parent and child need to "handle the consequence" yes i know this is a stretch but that fact that this could be the case and a parent has no options is ridiculous. If the usasf can not allow for a parent to contest this because they dont have the money and time to do so than they should get rid of the rule.

According to ultimaterudags the USASF made an exception under similar circumstances.

The parent/athlete have options to continue cheering, but not to go to Worlds.

The rule isn't perfect. I believe having it as is, with it's faults, is better than not having it at all.

According to ultimaterudags the USASF made an exception under similar circumstances.

The parent/athlete have options to continue cheering, but not to go to Worlds.

The rule isn't perfect. I believe having it as is, with it's faults, is better than not having it at all.
I guess we will be disagreeing again :)

And how would you make this happen? How much time and cost would be involved?
Pretty simple actually, whoever is responsible for varifying that these athletes are released would have an appeal form they would review. If need be they could contact the gym in question, deny/accept. I don't see that this happens so often that you need to hire a seperate department to handle this kind of thing but I feel that this is important enough to be considered. As much as I agree, as I previously said with this rule bc I hate seeing a team being screwed, I feel equally as bad for a parent/child being put in a bad situation. I feel that this rule is completely one-sided. Yes, I know that you can't please everyone but my recommendation takes little extra time. The rule still deturs parents/athletes from leaving but in an EXTREME case, there is an option. My suggestion SHOULDN'T cost any more money, maybe an extra 5/10 minutes a week btw the months of Nov-April by the same person responsible for keeping track of the releases that DO get signed.

Latest posts

Back