All-Star Varsity App. For Iphone

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey Guys,
All of the Varsity Performance Orders for the upcoming weekend and Results from the previous weekend are posted on Wednesdays. It made sense to wait until Wednesdays since times tend to shift throughout the week.

Once we got wind that iPhone app users were confusing our timing with malfunctionality, we put a rush on posting the schedule today.

For Sunday's Finals Schedule (that hinges on Saturday's results), we will update the app very late on Saturday evening.

And for Results, given the size and magnitude of this event, we will be posting a link to VARSITY TV's coverage page where each division will maintain it's own results page.

Please shoot me an email if you have any other questions or notice any issues with the app that fall outside of out Wednesday Posting deadline.

Justin Carrier
[email protected]

Thank You for clarifying!!!!!

While I don't have an iPhone I know everytime an app is updated it takes up to a week to get approved. I don't think it would work if the schedule just comes out today.

Some apps do go through very quickly, but you're right, I don't think that's the case. Just the way Justin worded it, it made it sound like they stored the schedules in the app and it had to update every time it changed. Which obviously makes no sense. But polling a server to see what schedules are there to display - that does make sense.

New schedule appears to be up!

I should have chosen my words more carefully since I'm dealing with some techies/social media mavens (ahem, King). The app wasn't updated but rather a file on the server was.

'Updating the app' is a much lengthier and time consuming process. We are only currently dealing with Varsity All Star iPhone app v2.0. Last season's app didn't include the Varsity Scoring System and didn't allow for certain functionality consistent with iPhone 4. For next season, we'll have 3.0, with even more useful information.

To update the information featured on the app, we place the file (in this case, the NCA Performance Order) on the server when we want it to populate the app. If there is no file in it's place, the app doesnt pick up anything (hence why there wasn't even a Performance Order option yesterday morning). Once a file is placed in that position, the app pulls the info and places it.

The NCA Performance Order continues to shift as even more teams register TODAY. The app should present the updated schedule once it's complete. You can tell if the schedule is up to date by the date stamp on the first page. At some point today, the date stamp will change to 2-23-11.

I don't have a technical bone in my body, but I hope I made sense.

...back to work.
Justin

I should have chosen my words more carefully since I'm dealing with some techies/social media mavens (ahem, King). The app wasn't updated but rather a file on the server was.

'Updating the app' is a much lengthier and time consuming process. We are only currently dealing with Varsity All Star iPhone app v2.0. Last season's app didn't include the Varsity Scoring System and didn't allow for certain functionality consistent with iPhone 4. For next season, we'll have 3.0, with even more useful information.

To update the information featured on the app, we place the file (in this case, the NCA Performance Order) on the server when we want it to populate the app. If there is no file in it's place, the app doesnt pick up anything (hence why there wasn't even a Performance Order option yesterday morning). Once a file is placed in that position, the app pulls the info and places it.

The NCA Performance Order continues to shift as even more teams register TODAY. The app should present the updated schedule once it's complete. You can tell if the schedule is up to date by the date stamp on the first page. At some point today, the date stamp will change to 2-23-11.

I don't have a technical bone in my body, but I hope I made sense.

...back to work.
Justin

As a techie myself, yes, that did make sense. Thanks for clarifying :)

And the Android users (who outnumber the iOS users now) go on with nothing. I feel like the fat kid out in dodgeball.

Back