All-Star Varsity - "the Summit"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think this will be really hard for parents that have kids on 5 and on a lower level! I know in my school you can't miss more than 10 days a semester before you fail the class, so that's a lot of school to miss! Even if the experience is worth it. I honestly still think levels 1-4 should just keep working hard to get there level 5 skills and go to worlds with there level 5 teams and keep all-levels worlds with the rings
Let's not forget that this is not just levels 1-4. Not all level 5 teams get to go to worlds. There are some extremely talented Youth and Junior Level 5 teams that would love an opportunity to attend an event like this.

Now, while it seems like there may be some kinks that would need to get worked out, I like the concept.

My questions is when are EP's going to stop trying to make all these competitions "the next best thing". We have NCA, then Worlds, then US Finals, then All Levels, now the Summit. All these events, including the Majors are just trying to out do each other each season. I feel it diminishes the 100 plus national events we already have in place. The more event producers try to make this "end of the season" FINALS event, the less 2 day events most gyms will attend during the regular competitive season. It will be to expensive for our customer base to attend, especially to attend Florida on an at large/partial paid bid.

Just my two cents..

This is replacing All Levels. Summit is Varsity and I believe that US Finals is Jam Brands primarily.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing - it will probably be a destination for smaller gyms that don't have a level 5 team. But I don't see how it will work out for the big gyms to have to do two weekends in a row.

My questions is when are EP's going to stop trying to make all these competitions "the next best thing". We have NCA, then Worlds, then US Finals, then All Levels, now the Summit. All these events, including the Majors are just trying to out do each other each season. I feel it diminishes the 100 plus national events we already have in place. The more event producers try to make this "end of the season" FINALS event, the less 2 day events most gyms will attend during the regular competitive season. It will be to expensive for our customer base to attend, especially to attend Florida on an at large/partial paid bid.

Just my two cents..

I don't blame competition companies- this is their job, it's what they're made to do. They are trying to come up with a product (the competition) that will attract people and stand out to coaches and owners. It's their job to hype their events and come up with new and different ways to stand out. I think this is why the JamLIVE event near us has probably doubled in size in the past 2 years- live scoring, a red carpet, etc. It's a "different" feel for a competition, and our kids love it. I haven't attended a Cheerlebrity competition, but I am sure it has the same attraction.

I have yet to speak to a gym owner who is all over this, the season ends with Worlds and open gyms and tryouts are right after, not gonna change that for a comp.

Only speaking from the west coast, but its just not doable, so maybe crowding wont be an issue.

Maybe just maybe ....
They are planning on moving regular worlds because of the over crowding problem and the only way Disney will let them out of their contract was if they add another disney event to take its place.

When this happens Im going to say I told y'all so!

Since it's a brand new competition, they should experiment with moving it around. Maybe a new venue every year?

I like this idea. NOT a fan of having this take place at Disney. I think that alone will turn a lot people away, which is too bad since I think the concept is great.

I like this idea. NOT a fan of having this take place at Disney. I think that alone will turn a lot people away, which is too bad since I think the concept is great.
i think they should move it every year. That way, teams that couldn't participate because of financial issues might have a better chance once it gets closer.

I have yet to speak to a gym owner who is all over this, the season ends with Worlds and open gyms and tryouts are right after, not gonna change that for a comp.

Only speaking from the west coast, but its just not doable, so maybe crowding wont be an issue.
I believe that is the sentiment of our coaches exactly. We are not attending. All levels was on our published competition schedule for the coming season, but now they're back to finding another competition to move into the schedule somewhere to substitute for it.

Back