All-Star Vegan Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had two girls on a college team tell me they couldn't wear red lipstick because they were vegan... totally stumped me and then I had a fit of giggles purely because I had never come across it before...

If this proves to be another issue Hodiestoe there are several lipstains that work a treat and are actually easier when dealing with young kids!

Otherwise if she's not a high level athlete, most of our kids just wear canvas Keds or similar style sneakers. They grow so fast it's kinda pointless for our level 1 youth and minis to buy proper cheer shoes.

CheerDadof2 Haha lol, I understood that it was a joke because I've heard it before, it's just I didn't get the joke at first. I didn't mean to come across rude or mad, just genially confused lol:) , no hard feelings. After seeing yours and tuckxandxtwist 's replies I get it a little more and I know the Fierce Board is very diverse. :)

How ironic that there is a chicken in a thread about vegan shoes....

sdt43.jpg

I had two girls on a college team tell me they couldn't wear red lipstick because they were vegan... totally stumped me and then I had a fit of giggles purely because I had never come across it before...

That's because red pigment is often made from beetles (yes bugs!), so that's probably something else for the OP's vegan mom to consider.

Lol a vegan.

I've never met a vegetarian who didn't get on my last nerve about how disgusted they are with people who eat meat and how the whole world should be like them. Sorry guys, I guess reading this post just hit a nerve.

Just imagine her daughter winning an NCA jacket lol.
you are my new BFF

We are 'sheep' (if you'll pardon that lol) when it comes to the food we put in our bodies. Most other countries (outside the US) have regulations on the amount of chemicals and the labeling requirements of foods. On the shelves in Ireland (since I was just there I know this lol), it is labeled right next to the fruit/veg where it comes from (Holland, Chile, etc) at least in the supermarkets I went to.
FrankenFruit/Genetically Modified Organisms must be labeled. The junk that goes into the 'meat' we feed to our kids at school is deplorable. The people who know/work with it, don't let their kids eat it because they know how bad it is. Unfortunately, it's become that good, clean food free of pesticides, modifiers and fillers can get very very expensive. By forgoing meat, you're avoiding a major source of ingested chemicals..I'd do it if I didn't like meat so much lol So I try to just eat local when I can.

ANYWAY- Props to her for trying to find vegan cheer shoes. Talk about literally 'walking the walk' and not just 'talking the talk.' I'd imagine you would have to ask a coach because you figure they'd know more about cheer apparel than others..

Random but If you live in California, Prop 37 is going to put the labels on food stating if it was genetically modified.

CheerDadof2 Haha lol, I understood that it was a joke because I've heard it before, it's just I didn't get the joke at first. I didn't mean to come across rude or mad, just genially confused lol:) , no hard feelings. After seeing yours and tuckxandxtwist 's replies I get it a little more and I know the Fierce Board is very diverse. :)

no worries - i didn't think you where being rude and if I did i don't remember :D

:sharkchase: <------ had to do it since I'm actually on a computer and could use it - besides now there is a chicken and a shark in the vegan thread ;)

Question:

Is being Vegan a choice or a 'disease' (Sorry to make it sound negative, I don't mean a literal disease, Im just at a loss of correct words right now). I only know one Vegan and it was by choice.

Also, if your a Vegan, you can't wear leather shoes?

Sorry to sound so uneducated, but I really don't know much about Vegan. I obviously like my meat.

For most people I know who are Vegan it is usually a choice based on some type of moral issue my kids grandmother their dad's mom is a vegan she is a Buddist so it is based on her religion. I do know that some people with Caelic's disease choose to go vegan just because it works better with their diets and leaves them without pain.
Question:

Is being Vegan a choice or a 'disease' (Sorry to make it sound negative, I don't mean a literal disease, Im just at a loss of correct words right now). I only know one Vegan and it was by choice.

Also, if your a Vegan, you can't wear leather shoes?

Sorry to sound so uneducated, but I really don't know much about Vegan. I obviously like my meat.

Back