All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've never broken, fractured, sprained or twisted anything! I've pulled many muscles in my back from stretching and going to tumbling after not for a while. Not much. Although, I do have what's called "Snapping Hip Syndrome" in my knees. Basically, it pulls the ligament or tendon or whatever that connects the muscle to the side of my knee and it hurts. It doesn't tear like when you pull a muscle but it's noticeable and hurts. I have it in both knees but it's more noticeable/severe on my right. I wear a brace on it just in case something does happen. More info here: Snapping hip syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twisted my ankle doing a cartwheel two days after getting our worlds bid
8ea55541-eab9-fa43.jpg
I was beyond embarrassed and mad at myself lol

i broke my ankle and fractured my growth plate doing a cartwheel... and had to have surgery... :wasntme:

and then the starting quarterback on our football team broke his leg in three places rolling off his bunk bed to turn off his alarm...:oops:

I am the queen of stupid injuries. I was walking and tripped on myself and obviously fell, caught myself... with my wrist. A lovely break in 2 spots. I also broke my middle finger because one of my friends slammed it in the door. My first ankle break was courtesy of getting it stuck in a muddy hole on a soccer field. CERTIFIED KLUTZ :rolleyes:

Omg how do you rip your abs?? I've never heard of that before it sounds intense :S
I tore my lower abs learning to rewind. I wasn't quick enough getting my legs up and the force of a 180lb guy pushing through my hips as I accidentally arched/hipped out and tried to pull my legs around... I could literally feel it ripping as I rotated :eek: not fun. Happy to say I haven't made that mistake again!

I was just walking around at the place I used to tumble at in Raleigh (Gymcarolina for those of you who know of it) & I tore the ligament across the top of my foot and chipped my talus bone. Ended up in on crutches & had an aircast & the first week of my freshman year, and eventually had to have surgery to correct the problems it had caused by the end of my junior year.

Now I have osteoarthritis and no cartilage left in my left ankle joint (which is why it makes a super weird popping noise according to my orthopedist). It's still very painful to this day if I don't wear a brace when walking for a long time cause it's so unstable.

not me personally, but my sister sprained both ankles at the same time landing a round off wrong.. sprained her ankle running for the phone, broke her ankle walking out of breakfast at a competition, and just recently sprained both ankles in one day, at two different times.

my only embarrassing injury is when I got my concussion.. I was learning round off tucks and didn't open up to land, and smacked my head on the tumbltrack.. I laughed about it first, but then got extremely dizzy. I had a stage 3 concussion...

we have the best luck!

When I was younger, I used to always jam, break and sprain my big toes doing headsprings to my knees. :D

For our yearly shows, we did all kinds of tricks... A girl in my class bruised her shin on a hula hoop. She was supposed to do a ro tuck through/with it, but didn't pull her tuck small enough and slammed against it instead.

I've broken my ankle on a waterside because the "cross your ankles and arms on your chest" rule was just too lame for me at then time. Broke it a second time walking to get a basketball. Sprained it a third time tripping off of a friends porch on my way to go show off a standing full in broad daylight.

Back