All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OMG how could i forget about my concussions....
i fell asleep in the tanning bed, it was still on and i forgot where i was and sat up and hit my head...
and i tripped down the main staircase at school and got one... :oops:

I did that once, no concussion though thankfully! Instead.. I started choking. I was chewing gum that slid down my throat while i fell asleep for a mere few seconds. I started choking and flew up and smacked my head.. interesting moment of my life to say the least.

I'm certain that my cause of death one day (one far, far away day, hopefully) will be choking. I choke on food constantly.. like to the point of not breathing, turning purple and requiring an occasional heimlich. guess I should get that checked out, huh? I have learned, though, and no longer snack on food while driving alone in my car. Seriously, no one do that! it's so incredibly dangerous. Just saying..

Back to your normally scheduled thread...

Broke my toe opening the door of a gas station.. Something on the bottom of the door got caught and snagged my big toe. Bloody mess in the middle of the gas station. :oops:
Day two at NCA in warmups doing a full up.. my flyer's foot got caught between my ring finger and broke it...Still competed. I cried in warmups, before we went on, while we were on(dropped a stunt and the entire team cried while performing), and cried during awards hearing we got 2nd. Such an emotional weekend.

i don't really know if this technically counts as cheerleading related but:
I was home alone cleaning the house, so naturally I had cheerleading music blasting. totally normal. anyway, I periodically decide to chime in and mark parts of routines when i listen to cheer music, and top gun's music came on while I was dusting the banister in the hallway. I thought it was an intelligent decision to mark their kick doubles. in the hallway. where the banister is. needless to say, I roundhouse kicked the banister. broke 3 toes and lost 2 toe nails. try explaining that one to your coach the week before a competition....

one time we were doing timed tumbling and we were doing a simple ro bhs but my tumbling was longer than the girls ahead of me so she kicked my hand and I broke my pinkie and one of the bones in my hand

I fell on my neck because I bailed in the middle of a skill about a month ago..ever since then my shoulder has been hurting. It started off as my neck being so sore (which I expected that since it popped when I fell on it) but now it's more my shoulder. Ive waited to see if the pain would go away but now in guessing going to the doctor may be best. I hope it's nothing serious

Oh and my random injuries are when I was 5 I broke my wrist by falling off the bar at school -_- & I fractured my foot while doing a cart wheel

1)tore some ligament in my foot while tripping over the mat when i wanted to turn off the radio while coaching

2) did a shouldersit as a base to demonstrate cheerleading for sportsday in the local elementary school. when the flyer jumped off, she lost her balance and pulled me with her on the floor. she was fine, but i had an elbowluxation which twisted for 240°, the fixed it, after a year of rehab i still couldnt move it, so last week it got operated, they had to rebuilt my elbow and it will take a few more months to recover from it.

Last edited:
I had a grade 2 tear of my MCL...tripping over when climbing onto a trampoline! Of all the things...

We were doing like fun silly conditioning where you had to run across the floor, do pushups/situps/burpees, do a forward roll and a cartwheel back, and I twisted my ankle so bad on the cartwheel that I couldn't walk for a day and couldn't tumble for a couple weeks. I have a standing tuck and I twisted my ankle on a CARTWHEEL

Back