All-Star Weird/random Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My friends daughter tore ankle ligaments coming out of a round off. (Very odd!) one of my good friends tore her acl Landon straight legged out of a punch front also hyper extended her knee.

I partially separated my shoulder in a roundoff about 15 years ago...yup, that was fun.

I bet. Lets see a couple of years ago I broke my cardinal rule of not tumbling with kids in the gym and paid for it when I partially tore my right quad doing a Front HS Front on Tumble track. Did several with no problem and then that last one landed awkwardly out of the FHS and the leg just went. I also tore my left bicep several years ago spotting a full - girl caught my arm around her back mid twist and snap there it went. So no more tumbling for me - even though every now and then I still want to. Now I limit it to headstands, handstands, planches and an occasional front tuck.

Probably the weirdest one to me personally was playing football with friends and running smack into an air conditioner sticking out from the wall and giving myself a concussion.

Today at tumbling I was getting spotted for round off bhs tucks. I had 5 minutes left of my private. I did a round off, and as I went for the back handspring, I started tucking halfway (I basically forgot what I was doing) and I came down on my hands and completely ate mat. I can't move 4 fingers on my right hand (I'm a righty) and my pinky is in so much pain. It might be broken so I'm getting x rays tomorrow. This wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been my first time back tumbling in a week due to a back injury :/ I'm a mess

It's funny...I was filling in on senior 2, and I broke a finger doing a handspring -.- never got it fixed, so I have two broken pinky fingers now.

Today at tumbling I was getting spotted for round off bhs tucks. I had 5 minutes left of my private. I did a round off, and as I went for the back handspring, I started tucking halfway (I basically forgot what I was doing) and I came down on my hands and completely ate mat. I can't move 4 fingers on my right hand (I'm a righty) and my pinky is in so much pain. It might be broken so I'm getting x rays tomorrow. This wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been my first time back tumbling in a week due to a back injury :/ I'm a mess
update: my hand is broken :(

My 8 yr old CP managed to kick herself in the private area during a full-up at practice last week. She kicked herself so hard she caused an abrasion and bleeding. Poor kid. Not only random but awkward too!
That sounds miserable.

I really wanted my splits, so when I got them I pulled a muscle. The week before tryouts. I sprained my ankle walking down the stairs at school Walked the whole day on it, too. When I showed the office workers at the end of the day they got nauseous from the size. And I got the wind knocked out of me when I played softball. I was so excited about hitting the ball for the first time that I sprinted to first base. I ran into the first baseman (twice my size) and landed on my back. The worst part was hearing someone in the crowd yell "Nice block!"
I've also had numerous bloody injuries in art class. I think I set the record for most band aids.
I cut myself on my shattered iPhone once, too.

I was doing a handstand and I felt my elbow pop out and so I talked to my friends mom that's a nurse and she said I hyper extended :( so now I have to be extra careful when I tumble.

Be really careful! I did the same thing and was only semi-careful afterwards. Then it happened while I was doing a BHS and now my elbow is really messed up and I'm in physical therapy and I can't tumble for months.

Non-cheer related but funny: A friend of mine was celebrating after the Giants won the Worlds Series in 2010 and broke his foot by tripping over himself while jumping around.
Very similar to what happens in Stick It except worse. :p

Be really careful! I did the same thing and was only semi-careful afterwards. Then it happened while I was doing a BHS and now my elbow is really messed up and I'm in physical therapy and I can't tumble for months.

I have to go to an orthopedic office to see if I need surgery (hopefully I don't) but I'm on a 4.2 team so I don't have to tumble out of jumps and the highest tumbling skill is a round off multiple handsprings and I'm a flyer so hopefully I can still cheer for the season and not have to sit out and watch my team perform at every competition.

I landed a roundoff (I'm no experienced tumbler like the rest of you) flat footed, then my ankle jerked around, I fell over and broke that little bump on my ankle. Dumb I know :D.

i have carpal tunnel in both my wrists from cheer and the disc of cartilage thats in between your knee and leg bone, well mine has blisters on it.... also from cheer

Latest posts

Back