All-Star What Did That Parent Just Say To Their Kid?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@ellen495 , @fullpass and @MyDaughterCheers , "ok" is relative, I guess. He's recovering from the stents and will see the cardiologist tomorrow. He feels a lot better, in general, than he did before the heart attack, though!
My point really, is that there are lots of factors that go into why people say the things they say, and none of us should judge. Maybe the Mom referenced in the opening of the thread was psycho, but maybe not.
You are a great lady and your kids will thank you one day for what you do!!!

I coach a town team and right after awards- while my team was celbrating their win - that they waited for every other team to get their awards then celebrate- a team mom from another town walked into the center of my KIDS and pointed at them and said " you shouldnt be here- you ruin it for everyone-" hows that for sportsmanship ...

I coach a town team and right after awards- while my team was celbrating their win - that they waited for every other team to get their awards then celebrate- a team mom from another town walked into the center of my KIDS and pointed at them and said " you shouldnt be here- you ruin it for everyone-" hows that for sportsmanship ...

How bizzarre!!! Did the coach say something to her? And good for your kids to wait to celebrate - I hate when kids celebrate when 2nd place is called.

I overheard this exact conversation once! Except the girl was about 16, and the mom's excuse was that she was a flyer.......GRRRRR :mad:

In all honesty, my cp and I had a similar conversation in the recent past, which was heard by other people that looked at me like I was crazy. However, what wasn't heard was the fact that she and I have talked about eating healthful foods, and as much of that as she could possibly want, avoiding fast food (competition concessions count,) taking care of her heart health - and this includes maintaining a healthy weight.
You see, Paparazzi had a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago. Part of reason for 100% blockage in his right coronary artery was from eating fatty foods and not watching his weight. He's not morbidly obese or anything, and he's only 36 years old, so it was a big wake-up call for us.
Maybe the parent you witnessed was insensitive, or flat-out wrong, but maybe there were additional reasons for her reaction.

OK, There is a BIG difference between talking lovingly to your child and talking about healthy eating and this:

youth age Cp - "mom, I'm hungry, are we gonna get something to eat?"
mom - "no."
cp - "but, I'm hungry!"
mom - "good, maybe that will get you to lose a few pounds."
Appropriate responses might have been: "Let's get a healthy snack"..."we just ate recently, we'll get something in a little bit" ..."are you really hungry? or just bored?" etc

At no time would it be appropriate to say "good, maybe you'll lose a few pounds." ......ever, at all.

I really dont' think this overheard conversation is anywhere close to the conversation you may have had with your CP

In all honesty, my cp and I had a similar conversation in the recent past, which was heard by other people that looked at me like I was crazy. However, what wasn't heard was the fact that she and I have talked about eating healthful foods, and as much of that as she could possibly want, avoiding fast food (competition concessions count,) taking care of her heart health - and this includes maintaining a healthy weight.
You see, Paparazzi had a massive heart attack a couple of weeks ago. Part of reason for 100% blockage in his right coronary artery was from eating fatty foods and not watching his weight. He's not morbidly obese or anything, and he's only 36 years old, so it was a big wake-up call for us.
Maybe the parent you witnessed was insensitive, or flat-out wrong, but maybe there were additional reasons for her reaction.
I get that. I'm very tough with my kids and have probably gotten looks because I know what they can/can't handle and what they need to hear. I'd be with you on that point if this girl wasn't ripped. She didn't have a pound to give and the look on her face told me that she had probably heard it before.

I'm sorry to hear about the heart attack, how is he doing now?

Are you with Charlotte All Stars then. That is a veery good program. Are you guys going to uca nationals in orlando this year?
No and Yes :) We are not with Charlotte Allstars although we see them quite a bit. We usually trade wins back and forth through the season :) Our coaches actually came from there among other cheer experience. Ashley was on Teal and has a silver medal and Keith coached her, the also did college and pro cheerleading with some of our other coaches. They're married now and own our gym.

We are with Aviator Allstars. We're only in our third year. We started with about 98 kids, year 2 we had about 180 and we're over 200 now. We've got 10 teams this year, won CHEERSPORT Nationals last year with our Sr co-ed 4 and so far have walked off the floor with a banner (for at least one of our teams) from every competition we've been in since we started but 1 (BATB this past year we came up short). This year has gotten off to a roaring start, we opened at CHEERSPORT regionals and of the 9 teams (our Tiny 1 was exhibition) 6 won, and our Sr co-ed 4 was level champ. The others finished 2, 3, and 4th.

We debuted our first Lv 5 this year (Small Co-ed 5, Blue Angels) and they will be going to UCA Nationals this year - just qualified yesterday at the Carolina Championship, but they're the only ones from our gym that are going to UCA. Mine are not lv 5 (yet :) my daughter is 11 and on the Sm Jr 4 and my son is 13 and on the Jr Co-ed 3. Charlotte is a great program but we wouldn't trade our double A's for anything :)

I'll bet it's one of those moms who strut around with tight leggys and clothes on and fitting ten pounds of baloney in a five pound sack.

when my daughter was on a youth team the kids where given pixie sticks for good luck and they thought it gave them energy lol. so one mom took it a little far and handed the coach a box of jello and told him her daughter needed to down the entire boxt before she went out on the floor for energy . you can imagine the coaches face when he was handed a large box of sugar lol. what that mother was thinking i can not imagine

No and Yes :) We are not with Charlotte Allstars although we see them quite a bit. We usually trade wins back and forth through the season :) Our coaches actually came from there among other cheer experience. Ashley was on Teal and has a silver medal and Keith coached her, the also did college and pro cheerleading with some of our other coaches. They're married now and own our gym.

We are with Aviator Allstars. We're only in our third year. We started with about 98 kids, year 2 we had about 180 and we're over 200 now. We've got 10 teams this year, won CHEERSPORT Nationals last year with our Sr co-ed 4 and so far have walked off the floor with a banner (for at least one of our teams) from every competition we've been in since we started but 1 (BATB this past year we came up short). This year has gotten off to a roaring start, we opened at CHEERSPORT regionals and of the 9 teams (our Tiny 1 was exhibition) 6 won, and our Sr co-ed 4 was level champ. The others finished 2, 3, and 4th.

We debuted our first Lv 5 this year (Small Co-ed 5, Blue Angels) and they will be going to UCA Nationals this year - just qualified yesterday at the Carolina Championship, but they're the only ones from our gym that are going to UCA. Mine are not lv 5 (yet :) my daughter is 11 and on the Sm Jr 4 and my son is 13 and on the Jr Co-ed 3. Charlotte is a great program but we wouldn't trade our double A's for anything :)

Sounds like you are with a good program. Congrats on qualifing for florida. We had are qualifiers today and all 9 of are teams qualified even tho we are only taking 8 teams. I will keep an eye out for your level 5 team and cheer them on. I love going to Orlando every year cus the talent is sooo impressive. My cp team took first last year and it was such a good feeling for both of us. Best of luck this season and keep me updated how you do throughout the season. :cool:

Sounds like you are with a good program. Congrats on qualifing for florida. We had are qualifiers today and all 9 of are teams qualified even tho we are only taking 8 teams. I will keep an eye out for your level 5 team and cheer them on. I love going to Orlando every year cus the talent is sooo impressive. My cp team took first last year and it was such a good feeling for both of us. Best of luck this season and keep me updated how you do throughout the season. :cool:
absolutely! What gym are you guys with? I'll keep an eye on you!

How bizzarre!!! Did the coach say something to her? And good for your kids to wait to celebrate - I hate when kids celebrate when 2nd place is called.
2 weekends ago my team got called classless and trashy by another gyms PARENTS for celebrating our win when we were announced as grand champs.... 90% of our team had never cheered level 4 before, we had a stunt fall, didn't think we were even gonna win our division, AND beat 2 level 5 teams... needless to say we were very excited but all we did is celebrate because we won.

Back